Jim Mora Jr to the Chargers?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
No link or anything, but i'm hearing some chatter that this might be the case. It would surprise me because I think he has a pretty good thing going at UCLA, but after failing in the NFL I could also see him wanting another chance.

Hearing whispers that part of the reason Tuiasasopo is leaving UCLA to go back home to UW is that he might be jumping ship before Mora does.

The Radish

Reaction score
Mora did fine with someone else's team but probably will start fading next season about like Rick Neuweasel did.

Could even the Chargers be that stupid.

"Paul Allen & Mike Holmgren pick up the blue phone please."

:141847_bnono:

pehawk

Reaction score
Nah, Reid's ALL over that gig. He lives there already.

pehawk

Reaction score
I think they'll make a play for Sark, because they're SD and think they can get NCAA guys on the cheap. But, Sark wont jump at that.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Whichever coach goes there, he should make sure that A.J. Smith leaves first.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Ya, I',m thinking Mora finally understands he's made for the college game more so than the pros.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Don't forget you heard it from JSeahawks first.

Just today:

UTKevinAcee‏@UTKevinAcee

Keep an eye on Jim Mora. Hearing there's interest. Keeps John Pagano & offensive coordinator is Noel Mazzone, Philip Rivers' OC at NC State.

And if it's on twitter you know its true!

JesterHawk

Reaction score
Those poor Charger fans. I hear Greg Knapp is available.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
JesterHawk":x54s5p43 said:
Those poor Charger fans. I hear Greg Knapp is available.
Even Mora should be smart enough to learn from his last mistake. Eh, maybe not.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sark turned down interview opportunitys again this year, I think he is waiting for the right gig and someone to retire closer to home. I also think he wants to get that stadium built and have the Huskies play in it. Alot of what has got done is due to him and he finally has a full class of his recruits. Winning a PAC 12 Championship won't hurt his chances at all at getting a NFL Job, staying and seeing this thru will if deleivered well shows his loyalty to his kids and program about a plan put in place.

The Radish

Reaction score
I still think in most cases college coaches are taking a real risk going to the NFL. Very few make it and even fewer realize in time that the pro game quickly adapts to quirky stuff that might work for years at the college level.

I feel for Oregon fans that had a guy come along and make their program great again and was merely looking for an nfl job. He might get treated a bit more rudely at the pro level.

Of course Pete Carroll is to blame for a lot of this but he had lots of NFL experience prior to the years at USC. He knew what to expect at the NFL level but few of these other people do.

Good luck to all of them except Jim Mora, who in my opinion will never make it at the pro level and to dumb to know it.

Latest posts