Black Monday thread predictions

chris98251

Reaction score
1 - Allen at the Raiders - I think he is given a pass till they get some of their cap issues under control, they may do a search to find a coach that has a scheme such as Pete and McCarthy in GB that can work and be taught. Not sure if they go public or not this year.

2 - Reid in Philly - Writing has been on the wall all season and they have let so many front office people go lready, he's gone.

3- Ryan in NY - I think the Rex Ryan fiasco has ran it's course, he is gone as well.

4 - Gailey Buffalo - Gailey has the QB issues he has dealt with, the tam was suppose to contend this year, does Ralph Wilson give him one more shot, new stadium and lease being discussed as well. They may go big name if the can. I think he manages to stay and they go after a QB in FA or draft hard.

5 - Shurmer Browns - Been done since new ownership

6 - Schwartz Detroit - The failure and collapse this year is on him, I think he's gone.

7 - Garret Dallas - Jons says he supports Garret, unless he can get Holmgren or Reid, then it will be forgotton.

8 - Crennell KC - I think he's gone, Pioli has to or possibly be gone as well.

9 - Turner San Diego - Gone and done as a HC

10 - Whisenhunt Arizona - Be surprised to see him stay after the QB situation there.

10 Hotseats come Monday in my book, now some are much more viable then others, some have got support in the media but we know how things happen once the spot lights start going out and going forward thinking starts. Mularkey is another with a new owner but has not been talked about as much, Munchak is also being questioned in some circles, we can see how that plays out as well.

Thats 12 in total that could be jeapordized in some way.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
All of those ought to go, but methinks some we think should get the can will remain. Just look at least year when it was obvious Norv Turner needed to get the ax in San Diego. Anyway, I say Ryan, Schwartz, Garrett and Wisenhunt stay.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Carolina Panthers could let go of Rivera as well. GM already fired mid season. They have played well of late, but some season ticket holders took ad in newspaper asking the owner to fire the coach, else ... they won't be buying expensive seats anymore. If he loses today in New Orleans, he is gone for sure. If he wins ... they would have a better record than last year ... he might get another chance. Stay tune ...

pehawk

Reaction score
I loves me some Black Monday. It's gossipy fun.

I'm interested to see how this effects us in the PNW, mainly. Sark, Bradley and even Bevell are getting some buzz. The Chargers MAY be the suitor for any of those 3, given their propensity to go on the cheap.

Sark would say no to any team with bad ownership (see Oakland and St Louis). Bevell's name will/was hot for a moment. So, of those, Bradley's the only coach I could see jumping ship and/or getting serious consideration. I know the perception is Bradley's to Carroll what Haskell was Holmgren, but I dont agree. Bradley's getting noticed because of how he calls a game, which travels and translates to HC, IMO. Not saying he'll succeed, just saying Bradley's HC potential gets unfairly knocked on this site.

Lucky for us, in a market where Shwartz, Ryan and Crenell are available Bradley's the less painful loss, IMO.

The Browns job is the REAL valentine to the NFL. That job is a "just add competence" and you're a playoff NFL coach. That's the ONLY job Saban would jump to. But, Kelly WILL consider it. He'd be dumb not too, and, he's not dumb.

Rat

Reaction score
1 - Allen at the Raiders - I can't see McKenzie letting him go already. He's trying to show fans that things are going to be different than they had been under Al Davis, and sending Allen packing after one year would be a Davis move.

2 - Reid in Philly - He's done. Best thing for both Reid and the Eagles at this point.

3- Ryan in NY - It looks like Sparano and Sanchez are going to be the scapegoats here. I'm guessing they give Ryan another year, but they'll make a move for an established QB in the offseason.

4 - Gailey Buffalo - I agree with the OP here. I could see the ownership trying to find a big name behind the scenes, and then giving Gailey another season once they realize that nobody wants to go there. Again.

5 - Shurmer Browns - Already announced that he'll be gone.

6 - Schwartz Detroit - I could see him getting fired, but i've been in Michigan the past week and the feeling here seems to be that he won't be fired.

7 - Garret Dallas - Depends on today's game. If he beats the Redskins, he keeps his job. Otherwise, he's gone.

8 - Crennell KC - Zero chance he's not fired. If not for the Belcher thing, I think the team would already have been using an interim coach.

9 - Turner San Diego - Gone. Way overdue.

10 - Whisenhunt Arizona - I still think he's a great coach, but the way the team seemed to give up down the stretch, I don't think he'll keep his job. Shame, because they're a QB away from being highly competitive.

I think Mike Mularkey is one and done in Jacksonville. They were horrible this year, and it was already announced that their GM will be gone. I think Khan completely cleans house. I also think Munchak and Rivera are goners. A possible surprise name that I could see being fired is Lovie Smith.

drdiags

Reaction score
Allen in Oakland could be gone. Mark Davis had voiced concerns about Allen during the season and was criticized about it. Depends on how much freedom Reggie McKenzie got as the GM. I think McKenzie would want to keep him, since this was his first HC hire and wouldn't reflect well on him to have to fire Allen after just one year. Stay tuned.

Munchak and Malarkey both are gone. One due to the owner (Adams) being openly critical of the team's performance, the other due to the GM being replaced and the new owner wanting to energize the fanbase and probably having to step away from Gabbert.

Lovie Smith is out unless they make the playoffs. He could still be out, as the fanbase and some of the ownership group have tired of his late season swoons, injuries or not. New GM gave him a year. He may feel the need to clean house getting rid of Smith/Tice and others.

pehawk

Reaction score
I'd love the Bears to fire Lovie. It'll get them closer to their true identity - overrated and sucky. They're JUST NOT GOOD. Aging defense, no offensive line, no WR's aside from Marshall and a QB who's intangibles are...questionable.

I really liked the Allen hire and think hje deserves another shot. Unless you're a miracle worker Like Marvin lewis, it's REALLY hard to win in a poor enviroment.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
I think Lovie is a good coach. If he gets fired, I'm sure he will find a job.

pehawk

Reaction score
Apparently SD doesn't want Reid, surprise surprise. A cheap team doesn't want to pay for quality coach.

Who, oh who, will the Chargers dredge up? A College coach on the cheap? A rube assistant for cheap? I'm not too sure many assistants will go to that squallor of ownership.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
So far Andy Reid, Pat Shurmer, Lovie Smith, Norv Turner, Romeo Crennell and Chan Gailey have been fired with a decision soon on Ron Rivera. Also GMs Gene Smith (Jacksonville), Mike Tannenbaum (N.Y. Jets), Tom Heckert (Cleveland), and A.J. Smith (San Diego).

pehawk

Reaction score
Throwdown":1vvdpitm said:
I'm kinda shocked about Lovie Smith.

I feel bad for a good coach. But, am happy the Bears haven't realized it's a player thing yet. They're and NFC foe, their poor decisions benefit the Seahawks.

But.....they've reached out to Denver's OC McCoy (I beleive it's Anthony's mom). He seems BEYOND legit. I dont like that one.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
What's even more amazing is ... Lions coach still has a job ... How can a team with Calvin Johnson, Suh wins 4 games and the coach is still around?