Mike Carey does it again. This guy is flat out crooked

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Today there was a fumble in the endzone. McCarthy throws the challenge flag (same thing Schwartz did). Carey announces that the replay booth had buzzed him BEFORE McCarthy threw the challenge flag, so the play was still going to be reviewed. WTF? How does this guy still have a job. The NFL should fire him for that. Seriously, after they made a big point about that rule, and how they'd leave it for this year (and never mentioned buzzer timing), then I am wondering how on earth Carey can even consider calling it the way he did.

Twisted

Reaction score
SharkHawk":3n75x87c said:
Today there was a fumble in the endzone. McCarthy throws the challenge flag (same thing Schwartz did). Carey announces that the replay booth had buzzed him BEFORE McCarthy threw the challenge flag, so the play was still going to be reviewed. WTF? How does this guy still have a job. The NFL should fire him for that. Seriously, after they made a big point about that rule, and how they'd leave it for this year (and never mentioned buzzer timing), then I am wondering how on earth Carey can even consider calling it the way he did.

the discrepancy and the bias in todays officiating was yet again, HORRID

so many poor calls that directly effected the scores it was ridiculous, specially the Hawks game

I guess thats what we get when the media dictates the parameters of this sport, the league wanted performance based scheduling meaning if you are not consistent and constantly make bad calls you're the low man on the totem poll and will sit out games..

its a great format for officials but thanks to Monday night football and all the whining the league felt they had to give it to negotiations and forfeit that format, for another 7 years

also ALL helmet to helmet, personal fouls and unprotected player penalties should be automatically reviewed to insure;

1. contact was indeed avoidable
2. helmet to helmet contact was actually made (sherm)
3. intent

seems to me unnecessary roughness should be intentional otherwise its not really unnecessary is it?

officials have way too much control today

also, since the double jeopardy rule is in our constitution it should be adopted by the NFL, players either get a fine or a flag, not both, the entire team should not be penalized for a personal foul, hire lawyers and hold a hearing, if its legit apply a fine accordingly, the NFL holding a blank check for this type of play is nothing more than extortion and innocent players can be fined and teams penalized, very, very flawed system for implementing safety if you ask me. they could use an intimidation rule, all that pushing and shoving should be nothing more than an intimidation foul, 3 strikes your benched, too many yardage fouls the entire team must pay for..

or, just suit em up with tutu's and tuck flags in their panty hose, :roll:

OP
OP
SharkHawk

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Interesting how Mike Pereira's decision of what he'd do was word for word what Jeff Triplette said 2 minutes later when he came out of the hood. I know they have the broadcaster's view... do they possibly have the broadcaster's audio too? It was VERY suspicious on the call where he said "they may place the ball and then respot and measure again to see if he reached the line of gain." Triplette does a 3 minute plus review, and doesn't come out until after Pereira chimes in with that gem and then comes out and says it and has the yard line wrong and such, which I thought is what they typically are doing under the hood (writing that stuff down as they pore over reviews).

kearly

Reaction score
To me it sounds like a paper thin excuse from Carey to do the right thing even if it goes against the rules. The NFL should be ashamed for not amending the rule the day after the Lions game. If I was a Lions fan I wouldn't care about a double standard, I'd just want that rule to go away ASAP.

Gotta feel for the Lions. Two of the worst rules the NFL has ever had (the other being the Calvin Johnson rule) have cost them games in recent seasons.

djb28

Reaction score
SharkHawk":2b183sef said:
Interesting how Mike Pereira's decision of what he'd do was word for word what Jeff Triplette said 2 minutes later when he came out of the hood. I know they have the broadcaster's view... do they possibly have the broadcaster's audio too? It was VERY suspicious on the call where he said "they may place the ball and then respot and measure again to see if he reached the line of gain." Triplette does a 3 minute plus review, and doesn't come out until after Pereira chimes in with that gem and then comes out and says it and has the yard line wrong and such, which I thought is what they typically are doing under the hood (writing that stuff down as they pore over reviews).
I said the same thing to my girl. In between very bad words!

OP
OP
SharkHawk

SharkHawk

Reaction score
It was crazy. I wish I had a recording of it so I could transcribe what was said, but I was watching the game at my brother's, as I have no tv. I wish Deadspin would dig into this. They've done some really great investigative stuff, and this has the makings of a good piece. If I had access to what I needed I'd write it and submit it to them, but I'm no Doub, so I'll stay out of the pro writing game. ;)