A list of coaches and GM's fired:

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Mike Tannebaum (Jets GM), FIRED. Rex Ryan (Jets HC) made it.

Romeo Crennel (Chiefs HC), FIRED. Scott Pioli (Chiefs GM) made it.

Chan Gailey (Bills HC), FIRED.

Lovie Smith (Bears HC), FIRED.

Andy Reid (Eagles HC), FIRED.

Pat Shurmur (Browns HC), FIRED. Tom Heckert (Browns GM) got fired as well.

Gene Smith (Jaguars GM), FIRED.

Ken Whisenhunt (Cardinals HC), FIRED. Rod Graves (Cardinals GM) got fired as well.

Norv Turner (Chargers HC), FIRED. AJ Smith (Chargers GM) got fired as well.

Ron Rivera (Panthers HC), FIRED. This one seems to be only speculation by Lombardi. https://twitter.com/nflnetwork/status/2 ... 7647908864

13 guys in total (General Managers and Head Coaches) fired so far. Is that a record?

Woah Ron Rivera out? Wow. Lovie Smith was also surprising. I'll keep this updated.

Coordinators that have been fired: Greg Knapp, on the Raiders.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
Whisenhunt also fired by Cardinals. Overhaul coming.
Expand
11m Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
Per club source, Cardinals GM Rod Graves has been fired.
Expand

dunceface

Reaction score
add Whisenhunt and likely Norv Turner to that list...

really hope none of our coaches get poached...

sc85sis

Reaction score
Norv getting fired isn't a surprise at all. He should have been gone after last season.

taz291819

Reaction score
hawksfan515":158bra92 said:
taz291819":158bra92 said:
Just for the record, GM stands for General Manager, not Game Manager.

I knew that too, not sure why I made that mistake. Stupid me :34853_doh:

LOL, I figured you did. Just didn't want someone else thinking that's what it stands for. You know how the internet is and all.

The Radish

Reaction score
dunceface":3dfu2xp4 said:
add Whisenhunt and likely Norv Turner to that list...

really hope none of our coaches get poached...

As long as we keep winning they can't contact our coaches until the SB is over.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Just watched Jeff Lurie's presser. I am convinced they will go after Chip Kelly. He said he will leave no stone unturned looking for a leader and innovator. Mentioned he would look at college coaches too.

kearly

Reaction score
Chicago made a huge mistake firing Lovie Smith, but not as big a mistake as the Jets made keeping Rex Ryan or the Chiefs keeping Scott Pioli.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Scott Pioli: Conventional thinker. Hanging his hat on a QB he was familiar with like Cassel was weak

chris98251

Reaction score
Since ya pilferred my predictions thread here are a few additions, Reinfeldt gone in Tennessee, OC of Jets is gone from what I have read also Sparano, Knapp in addition to his OL and special teams coordinator and linebackers coache I believe.

Basically the whole offensive side of the Cardinals staff was fired, O Line coach Grimm, OC Miller, Quality control coach Chad Grimm, QB coach John McNulty,WR coach Frank Reich RB Coach Tommie Robinson.

BASF

Reaction score
kearly":2rh32etp said:
Chicago made a huge mistake firing Lovie Smith, but not as big a mistake as the Jets made keeping Rex Ryan or the Chiefs keeping Scott Pioli.

I agree completely with Chicago making a huge mistake. What that team needs more than anything is someone who can find offensive line talent in the draft and can coach them to play cohesively. Lovie Smith was not the problem with that team at all. I fully expect him to have another head coaching job within the month. Hopefully in the AFC. I can also very clearly see a San Diego situation with them where the replacement comes in and has a very good season or two while Lovie's players are still there and follow that up with a few mediocre seasons leading to their firing and the GM finally has to go for a whole new direction.

knownone

Reaction score
Lovie Smith made the playoffs 3 times in 9 years. I don't see how it was the wrong move to fire him.

BASF

Reaction score
9 seasons and 9+ wins 5 times. 9 seasons before Lovie Smith and 2 seasons with 9+ wins. The team was torn apart by injuries in two of Smith's seasons without the 9+ wins. Look, I am glad he will no longer be coaching there, but the person who is responsible for their struggles has been the GM. They have not been able to get receivers for their QB's for about a decade before getting Brandon Marshall this year. They also haven't drafted a Pro Bowl offensive linemen since 1999. The drafting there has been very miss heavy on the offensive side of the ball.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Most surprising thing to me today is that Rex Ryan still has a job. That guy is a clown. Might be a really good coordinator but is not head coach material.

taz291819

Reaction score
JSeahawks":nttwtmye said:
Most surprising thing to me today is that Rex Ryan still has a job. That guy is a clown. Might be a really good coordinator but is not head coach material.

Talked to several friends today, and they all said the same. If I were a Jets fan, I wouldn't be happy. This just means another year of Sanchez.