Tacoma Tribune

tdlabrie

Reaction score
Anybody notice that the online Tacoma News Tribune is now charging a fee? $99 per year. Yikes! I think Eric Williams is okay as a journalist, but not at that price. Too rich for me. :(

SharkHawk

Reaction score
The Seahawks, M's, and Huskies blogs were supposed to continue to be free, because those areas pay for themselves in advertising. It is everywhere else that doesn't.

The Radish

Reaction score
Newspapers are doing this to find another revenue stream since the newspapers are dieing out and quickly.

They started that over here years ago but not that much.

Most major papers can still be accessed for free cause there is a good revenue stream for the videos they force you to watch to get the news.

:les:

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
tdlabrie":2i216mtl said:
Anybody notice that the online Tacoma News Tribune is now charging a fee? $99 per year. Yikes! I think Eric Williams is okay as a journalist, but not at that price. Too rich for me. :(
Really?? 'Cause I just went there and got on just fine. I sure as heck haven't paid anything. I'll let ya know if this changes.

The Radish

Reaction score
SharkHawk":1ugnlfqs said:
See what I said above. Still the case.

Do you take the paper? Over here if you get home delivery there is no charge to access the site.

:les:

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I am accessing the entire site daily for free still. Not sure why they are forcing you to pay. Just clicked on it just now.