Host NFC championship game

Aristotle22

Reaction score
Vikings win two, we win two.we host NFC Championship. Hello Superdome

nsport

Reaction score
Vikings gotta get it done! As a former sports analyst, I can see a lot of ways they can capture that win. Although it's tough to win back-to-back against the same team.

VaporHawk

Reaction score
It is that much more sweet because it means we spanked the 9ers in San Fran to get to that game.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
The Seahawks just need to win their next game, every week...

How sweet would it be if the Vikes squeezed out a couple themselves? Fricking priceless.

Seattle would be like turbocharged.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I would SOOOOOO love to see this happen. The rest of the world however, would not. The NFL and FOX would be especially despondent over it.

Cartire

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":36ahmre2 said:
I would SOOOOOO love to see this happen. The rest of the world however, would not. The NFL and FOX would be especially despondent over it.

The two smallest market teams in the NFC going to the NFCCG. Wont happen, NFL wont allow it. Too much money to be made around this time, the fix will be in. I can see one of them being allowed in, but if we both go into the divisional round, NFL will make a call and make sure one of us loses.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Cartire":gqkea464 said:
Jazzhawk":gqkea464 said:

The two smallest market teams in the NFC going to the NFCCG. Wont happen, Christian Ponder wont allow it. Too much money to be made around this time, the fix will be in. I can see one of them being allowed in, but if we both go into the divisional round, NFL will make a call and make sure one of us loses.

FIFY

Hawknballs

Reaction score
it's not out of the realm of possibility.

The vikings have proven they can beat the packers when the packers are playing with seeding on the line.

Everyone talks about the GB home field and the cold and conditions as if the Packers are somehow better equipped for it than any other team - sorry, they are all dudes who grew up in various parts of the country, playing a couple seasons in GB isn't going to suddenly turn them into arctic explorers sitting naked in a tub of ice like it's nothin.

From there, all bets are off. The Vikings would play the Falcons, whom are 29th in the league giving up 4.8 yards per rush. Peterson could have a big game. By then Winfield's broken hand might be up to the task of taking on those ATL recievers.

Seattle on the other hand figured out SF this past game. I'm not saying it would be easy but we could beat the Niners in SF. I'm sure Russell Wilson and those receivers would love to redeem that Thursday night performance.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Obviously anything can happen, but I don't have a lot of faith in Ponder going into Green Bay and winning. AP is the man, so if he has a monster game which means keeping Rodgers off the field then sure the Vikings can pull it off.

But IMO we're getting ahead of ourselves. Not as far ahead as the guy wondering if RW would make a good head coach in 15 years, but close.

The Radish

Reaction score
Lets remember we are focusing on Redskins this week. Lets talk about other games as they come up.

:les:

NorCal

Reaction score
Nevermind the fact that the 5 & 6 seed have NEVER faced off in an NFC championship game.

seahawksflow

Reaction score
Cartire":18mw5mxt said:
Jazzhawk":18mw5mxt said:

The two smallest market teams in the NFC going to the NFCCG. Wont happen, NFL wont allow it. Too much money to be made around this time, the fix will be in. I can see one of them being allowed in, but if we both go into the divisional round, NFL will make a call and make sure one of us loses.

Yes.. yes.. see my avatar.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
NFL.com reported this morning that the Green Bay Packers have been hit "hard" by the flu... it was the live show. Sort of sensationalized, though, because it's not a new issue this week... but, over the last few weeks. They just wanted a story for this game. But, Tramon Williams is the latest and didn't practice. here's a link with more info: http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/185582081.html 20 degree weather night game while battling the flu? That could present some challenges.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
NorCal":32b8kwj3 said:
Nevermind the fact that the 5 & 6 seed have NEVER faced off in an NFC championship game.

Doesn't mean it can't happen.

If the Seahawks got to host the NFC Championship game after the year they've already had plus two road playoff wins, can you imagine how insane the atmosphere at the CLink would be? Wow....