Where will Chip Kelly go?

SkittlerLynching

Reaction score
What coaching vacancy will most likely hire Chip Kelly and what coaching vacancy do you think would be a perfect match?

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
As long as its not the Cardinals I don't care.

jhawk91

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":3rtc9xel said:

I second this, just for the simple fact I don't want to root against the guy twice a year. It hurt me enough to know LMJ is a 49er :cry:

Hamhawk

Reaction score
Chip has done great things at Oregon, but I just can't see how he would be a good interview for a NFL HC position,...I don't ever remember him cracking a smile,...maybe he just impresses a teams Owner or GM with his innovative vision, and how it would translate in the NFL,..on second thought....I guess there are a number of successful coaches whose public demeanor is not too media friendly,.. say NE and the 49ers

BeastMode247

Reaction score
I've heard rumors that the Browns are close to a deal with him. I thought the Eagles were a better fit because of the great speed receivers they have, but I think Cleveland is desperate and willing to throw money at Kelly.

sturg78

Reaction score
He supposedly ran a power I system as a coordinator before Oregon, I assume he would change styles in the NFL. Thank god he is not going somewhere like New York or Dallas where they expect their coach to be socially active and open. His interviews are always one liners and "no, we are not going to talk about that".

pehawk

Reaction score
Some underrated poster's been saying Cleveland for awhile. Its the one job, IMO, which even an average coach can get 8 wins, easy. While its the safest choice, the fact he chose it impresses me more. While there's some definite talent on the Browns roster, its not a storied franchise known for wining (Harbaugh, you pussy).

I still think he's ceiling is average. But, his first decision as a coach, if it is indeed Cleveland, a tad more optimistic.

FriscosFinest

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3b11phsb said:
Jazzhawk":3b11phsb said:

Doesn't scare me. Until he proves it in the NFL he hasn't earned that level of agnst.

thats what they said about harbaugh 8)

JGreen79

Reaction score
Hamhawk":2vnwwgf5 said:
Chip has done great things at Oregon, but I just can't see how he would be a good interview for a NFL HC position,...I don't ever remember him cracking a smile,...maybe he just impresses a teams Owner or GM with his innovative vision, and how it would translate in the NFL,..on second thought....I guess there are a number of successful coaches whose public demeanor is not too media friendly,.. say NE and the 49ers

He's always joking around with reporters. In fact at half time during the Fiesta Bowl he was asked what Kenjon ran up to tell him. He replied "That we love each other." and cracked a smile. One of the things that really got me attached to Chip his first year was during a post game interview on the field, a few fans in the area were getting rowdy trying to jump into the picture and he told them to have some respect and let them do their job. Chip will have no problem with the nfl media and I honestly beleive will have success in the nfl as a coach, provided the right resources to build a team.

KitsapHawk

Reaction score
Any team with a mobile quarterback and play makers
In order of best fit:
1.Eagles
2.Panthers
9001.Browns

While he may end up in the browns, I dont know what he sees in a 29 year old 2nd year qb who doesnt have moves, and a bruiser runningback rather than a fast elusive tiring back.

pehawk

Reaction score
I'm assuming he'll go to a passing spread over a rushing spread, if kearly's suggested trade of Geno doesn't occur. And, at least from here, Weeden seems like the type you want to operate like a human jugs machine. "Drop 5 and throw here, Stupid" maybe what their instruction to Weeden is. Weeden ran that at OSU with obvious success.

Thad Lewis looked kinda intriguing in Week 17 for the Browns.

Latest posts