Chip Kelly stays @ Oregon. Wow.

pinksheets

Reaction score
I think Kelly simply isn't commanding the type of offers he wants. His perception of himself is probably higher than NFL teams, he can't be getting great offers with personnel control.

themunn

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1qgxj6z0 said:
http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/1/6/3842840/chip-kelly-nfl-oregon-eagles-browns

Quacks fans, rejoice; looks like you get to keep him. Guess he's not confident he can do it at the pro level.

Perhaps isn't happy with the offers at all and wants a job similar to what Carroll got here

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
I dont blame him, you can't beat the job he has at Oregon. Great program, winning games, tons of support, lots of money, shorter hours, college babes every day.

Spounge84

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":1ic93f1e said:
I dont blame him, you can't beat the job he has at Oregon. Great program, winning games, tons of support, lots of money, shorter hours, college babes every day.

Not to mention, legions of homers who worship him and think he can do no wrong.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
I thought about making this its own thread, but I'm willing to go on record saying that Chip Kelly announces for Philly tomorrow. Bank it!

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
KARAVARUS":ms0zwvlw said:
I thought about making this its own thread, but I'm willing to go on record saying that Chip Kelly announces for Philly tomorrow. Bank it!

You know something we don't? Got connections in the Eagles organization? C'mon now, spill it!

It seems hard to imagine Cheatin' Chip working out at the NFL level for the same reason that the Wing-T works great at Bellevue but not at UW.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
VivaEfrenHerrera":2wdldv1b said:
KARAVARUS":2wdldv1b said:

You know something we don't? Got connections in the Eagles organization? C'mon now, spill it!

It seems hard to imagine Cheatin' Chip working out at the NFL level for the same reason that the Wing-T works great at Bellevue but not at UW.

I don't want to say I told you so, but I actually DID tell you so.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
KARAVARUS":r8yasuzq said:
VivaEfrenHerrera":r8yasuzq said:
KARAVARUS":r8yasuzq said:

Your post was from January 7th, so unless the 16th comes after the 7th in your universe, you were only marginally correct (and if someone think it's a coincidence you were right, you can't blame them.)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
KARAVARUS":2abr5zlp said:
VivaEfrenHerrera":2abr5zlp said:
KARAVARUS":2abr5zlp said:

Good call!

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3lnji6n1 said:
Your post was from January 7th, so unless the 16th comes after the 7th in your universe, you were only marginally correct (and if someone think it's a coincidence you were right, you can't blame them.)

My source told me he would announce on "Tuesday". When I wrote the post it was Monday, so I assumed the next day. Knowing what we know now, I realize I may have jumped the gun. I wish I could give up the name of my source, but I can't. Let's look at the big picture though. I've seen A LOT of people come on here claiming they have sources saying this and that. I made my claim in BOLD on that Monday and said bank it. I totally understand if people don't believe, and that's fine. In fact, I don't know why it's such a big deal to me now. But for a guy to say he's staying where he is and to have someone stating they have a source saying he's full of beans, that means something... My friend is kicking himself for not running the story on his site as I gave it to him 8 days before ESPN broke it.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I figured the Ducks might still lose him this offseason but my belief was that if Belichek won another Superbowl he might move up to the front office and he might hire Chip. I Know the two of them consult with each other and visit each other's practices quite often. I did not imagine him going back to Philly.