Trent Dilfer criticizes RG3

knownone

Reaction score
He is 100% right. RGIII is slow through his progressions, when he gets past his first two reads he tends to force the ball into smaller windows, usually throwing high or missing wide open guys.
The redskins offense is predicated on his ability to move to free up passing lanes while using the run and play action to get their receivers separation so RGIII can make quick and easy reads.
If they can't run or RGIII is no threat leaving the pocket, Washington is in trouble.

OP
OP
hawksfan515

hawksfan515

Reaction score
knownone":3kfsy1a1 said:
He is 100% right. RGIII is slow through his progressions, when he gets past his first two reads he tends to force the ball into smaller windows, usually throwing high or missing wide open guys.
The redskins offense is predicated on his ability to move to free up passing lanes while using the run and play action to get their receivers separation so RGIII can make quick and easy reads.
If they can't run or RGIII is no threat leaving the pocket, Washington is in trouble.

Trent Dilfer sucks though haha

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
hawksfan515":1qkoxk5l said:
Trent Dilfer sucks though haha

You can be elite in your knowledge of the game, (I'm not saying he is, for the record) even if you can't play it well. Just sayin'.

The Radish

Reaction score
Well Dilfer wasn't very good at playing "nicked up" either. He has little room to talk.

:les:

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
There's playing nicked up and there's playing when you are too injured to help your team. This was the latter. Sorry Trent, but the fault lies with Shanahan for not pulling Griffin out of the game when he had the chance.

knownone

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":2hf5w71r said:
There's playing nicked up and there's playing when you are too injured to help your team. This was the latter. Sorry Trent, but the fault lies with Shanahan for not pulling Griffin out of the game when he had the chance.
You are missing Dilfers point. Philip Rivers played on a torn ACL in 2 play off games, was very effective passing and didn't look completely and utterly lost like RGIII.

ensett

Reaction score
Yep, RG3 injury was no excuse to stand there like a moron and just take a sack from Irvin. A real QB (wilson) would have thrown that away. He was like 20 yards back, he had all day to watch Irvin close in on him.

RG3 has been exposed that he isnt a QB, at least not yet. He is an athlete. He relies on Elite speed.

NYCoug

Reaction score
Dilfer comes across as being pretty ridiculous with these comments.

Whenever I see him now, I can't help but think of this. Still don't know why they threw him the olive branch and let him raise the 12th Man Flag. I seriously would have been a better choice at that point...

[youtube]IMLR9xB04YM[/youtube]

Kinda funny also to see how Kiper shrugs off Richard Sherman as "just an average 5th round pick", even sounded higher on Legree haha And ya gotta love Dilfer calling Golden Tate "a huge reach."

GoHawks

Reaction score
Mostly Butthurt that his buddy Hass wasn't given any luv . . . but top end of our draft drew criticism beyond Dilweed didn't it?

Granted we were picking for need rather than BPA, but can you honestly say that we couldn't have got much better players for some of those early picks?

Guess 20/20 hindsight is a bitch . . .

NYCoug

Reaction score
I want to wait and see another year from Moffitt and Carpenter before I come to a conclusion on them.

We've seen with guys like Tate and Unger that sometimes it takes a player a little longer to break out. I've seen enough positive, despite the negatives, to think that a light might soon turn on. Moffitt just came off the bench and played a very good game in relief of Sweezy, who couldn't handle the blitz, again. I think he's going to turn into a rock solid guard and he's already paid some dividends.

The fact that Carp even saw the field this season shows how hard he worked and that he's a little bit tougher than he was when he first got here. If he can get healthy in time for camps next season, I'll like his chances to bounce back and have a solid year.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see how history writes itself.

razor150

Reaction score
That draft is still a bit of a head scratcher, IMO. Without the foresight of drafting Wilson the pick in the first really should have been Dalton. The guys who really made the draft were Sherman and Wright. Carpenter could end up being a really good guard if he stays healthy and Moffit should be decent but he is a back up right now.

GoHawks

Reaction score
Emphasis at the time was to shore up the OL, and was the proper decision - gotta get the OL solid, before you bring in the QBOTF without putting in harms way, also I think Cable had alot of say in who the picks were

joeseahawks

Reaction score
RGIII is a rookie. People seem to forget that. What did people like Manning, Brady,Rogers look like as rookies?
Please give these kids a break. Anyone watched Dalton, Shaub lay an egg this week end?
How about old timers like Palmer, Rivers, ...
I really hate it, when people criticize an offense tailored to fit a player's ability best. Isn't that what all offensive coordinators expected to do? Isn't that what they get paid to do?