The redskins cortisone shack

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
I've never seen anything like that, do other stadiums have these behind the benches?

The Radish

Reaction score
JesterHawk":31e54ylg said:
Most other stadiums have locker rooms.

Yeah, not made out of cheap looking particle board and painted with brushes.

It was like the guys at our dances years ago at Addy heading out to grab a smoke and a drink.

:les:

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Swear to dawg, I thought RGIII had to take a shit and that was the bathroom.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
It wasn't cortisone is my guess as cortisone isn't an immediate pain reliever. It takes down swelling and usually flairs up instantly and then 3-4 days later has an impact and helps relieve pain from swelling (but it also weakens tissues). I am limited to cortisone shots in my spine to 2 times a year in any one area due to the harsh impact.

My guess is it was that other pain killer. An actual narcotic. Toradol or something like that? They used a similar drug on me after I had surgery a couple of weeks ago. It didn't make my brain foggy and it lasted between 30-45 minutes per shot. But they use it to take away the pain instantly and then have to keep re-doing it every so often until I was ready for pills, but the pills make you sleepy...... so it would make sense they were prepared to give him a toradol or what they used on me dilaudid shot every so often to keep him going. They give the guys shots before games, and at halftime all the time and it messes up their organs. There was an article about some college that overused it and a kid in his 20's had a heart attack. I think he might have been at USC.

The Radish

Reaction score
Did you really give us that straight line,,,"it doesn't make my brain foggy?"

Jesus Jon you're slipping. :D

But if there's one thing that we all need is for your brain to not get more foggy.

:lol:

hawker84

Reaction score
it's not good when your team has an actual woodshed on the playing surface, and your shiny new star QB is constantly going in and out of it during the game.. just sayin....

SharkHawk

Reaction score
The Radish":1oq142ye said:
Did you really give us that straight line,,,"it doesn't make my brain foggy?"

Jesus Jon you're slipping. :D

But if there's one thing that we all need is for your brain to not get more foggy.

:lol:

I said the SHOTS didn't make my brain foggy. I only got those in the hospital immediately after surgery for the first 3 or 4 hours before I could get pills to stay down. The pills DO make a brain foggy and make people tired (like I said).

Now who has foggy brain old man? :les:

chris98251

Reaction score
Hmm Washington DC, some called it the feel good room, I wonder how many interns they have on staff that like cigars.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I laughed when I saw that room too. Seriously, particle board and crappy red paint roughly brushed on. I bet that thing collapses every winter.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Seattle_Stunna_MD":2sitc0q3 said:
Lavar Arrington said that it was a bathroom.

Lavar Arrington thinks everything is a bathroom.... no wait, I'm thinking of Urlacher. He's the one who hooked up with Paris Hilton right? :stirthepot:

HawksFTW

Reaction score
SharkHawk":3cfafk1v said:
Seattle_Stunna_MD":3cfafk1v said:
Lavar Arrington said that it was a bathroom.

Lavar Arrington thinks everything is a bathroom.... no wait, I'm thinking of Urlacher. He's the one who hooked up with Paris Hilton right? :stirthepot:

Najeh "Dookie" Davenport. Or Davenpoop as some people fondly refer to him.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
hawker84":1icdg34c said:
it's not good when your team has an actual woodshed on the playing surface, and your shiny new star QB is constantly going in and out of it during the game.. just sayin....

Are you suggesting RGIII kept getting taken to the woodshed?

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Yes, and it causes organ damage and works way faster than cortisone. It's dangerous. But they do use the other one I mentioned.... dilaudid or even demerol. I've seen plenty of it in the locker room in my day. They want to get it into your system fast so they inject it.

Interesting thing to me, is I am very certain they gave him Cortisone in the week prior to the game, and then his ACL and LCL tear through. Cortisone breaks down tissue. How ironic would it be if the thing they gave him to get through the game is the same thing that led to his ACL and LCL ripping to shreds because they were in a weakened state.

Wasn't it a kid on USC that had the heart attack from Toradol? I figured you'd know since you're a close follower of the team. I thought I read something about it. I searched for a minute the other day and couldn't find the article I had read about a kid suing over some issues.

Latest posts