Scrubs of the season?

JesterHawk

Reaction score
Chicago Bears? 7-1 record at the midpoint, miss the playoffs.

Anyone else underperform worse than that?

Hawkspur

Reaction score
I'm amazed Jim Schwartz still has a job. I also can't believe we lost to his Lions. They were awful this season. I thought they'd finish 8-8 at the worst.

Eagles belong on this list too. The Dream Team indeed! They might well be if they can cash in on that #4 pick. They weren't even in a strong division, had a lucky win against the Browns and still sucked.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Detroit is the one for me, the Giants finished 9-7 like last season (although got there playing hot then folding at the end of the season) but Detroit fell off the map with just 4 wins, abysmal coaching job from Schwartz and he should be canned in favor of Lovie Smith but Detroit is full of bad front office people still.

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
Man, there were some monumental disappointments when it's all laid out like that. But I did hear somewhere that 7 out of the 8 teams in the divisional rounds were there last year.

Chapow

Reaction score
Throwdown":11hpe4vs said:
Giants, Superbowl champs to no playoffs.

Actually, they were 9-7 both this season and last season. It's not like they had a great year last year or a terrible one this year.

I'd have to go with the Bears, 7-1 start and no playoffs has got to be just crushing.

RiggoReincarnated

Reaction score
Arizona Cardinals. Dominated the first four weeks. Games weren't even close. Against good teams. Then they mysteriously tank.

Also Washington Redskins. Up 14-0 at home against a team you beat last season with inferior personnel IN SEATTLE...and unable to finish the kill this year once starting QB reinjures himself - and lose starting QB in the process because of both his stubborness and head coaches lack of balls.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
RiggoReincarnated":38oqntfl said:
Arizona Cardinals. Dominated the first four weeks. Games weren't even close. Against good teams. Then they mysteriously tank.

Also Washington Redskins. Up 14-0 at home against a team you beat last season with inferior personnel IN SEATTLE...and unable to finish the kill this year once starting QB reinjures himself - and lose starting QB in the process because of both his stubborness and head coaches lack of balls.

Actually, the Cardinal's only blewout the the Eagles, the other three games (hawks, pats, phins) were very very close.

amill87

Reaction score
RiggoReincarnated":3595cj0h said:

Jesus dude....just stop.

I know it sucks to be out of the playoffs but you were never supposed to even have the type of season you ended up having. It's not like you lost to some scrub team in the playoffs, you are throwing these little comments around like your team lost to some inferior team. You should be proud of the season the Redskins had but you lost to a better Seattle team, it's nothing close to being a scrub of the season.

And yeah, like someone else pointed out, the Cards only dominated one game. They got damn lucky in at least two of their wins, it wasn't a mystery, they just ran out of luck. You can't keep counting on other team's players to drop balls in the endzones or kickers to miss makeable field goals. They lived off that last year and the beginning of this year, I predicted in the preseason they would be last in the division and Whiz would be fired because they aren't a good team. Period.

As far as the OP, I gotta go with the Bears and Lions as well. Bears have been a paper champion for years, they somehow look really good occasionally but when crunch time comes, they blow. Lions is pretty self explanatory.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
RiggoReincarnated":k2oivtil said:

Yup...after falling to 3-6, they win 7 in a row to make the playoffs only to get beat by the lowly Seahawks. What a bunch of scrubs!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Throwdown":1cq0cssf said:
Giants, Superbowl champs to no playoffs.

This isn't actually all that uncommon. Starting 7-1 and missing the playoffs, on the other hand, is exceedingly rare.

kanodogg

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":2cjmpfbm said:
Arizona was also tops in the league the first four games. Granted, it wasn't a fall from grace from a 7-1 start, but it was a pretty steep fall from one of the highest ranked teams at 4-0 to bottom-of-the-barrel suckatude.

az cardinal trolls were the WORST in that period. that fall from grace was a nosedive. so depressing i didn't even taunt them.