Interesting article on football, worth the read

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13

• Get rid of Goodell and this stuff will fade away, the farce about protecting the players is really so badly played that nobody takes it seriously.

When the NFL starts to contribute to new technology in earnest things will be less controversial. I mean from body armor type uniforms and the pads to helmet technology they could help a lot more.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chris98251 wrote:Get rid of Goodell and this stuff will fade away, the farce about protecting the players is really so badly played that nobody takes it seriously.

When the NFL starts to contribute to new technology in earnest things will be less controversial. I mean from body armor type uniforms and the pads to helmet technology they could help a lot more.

This isn't remotely close to a solution. Whoever sits in the commissioner's chair basically represents the NFL owners. You think the safety stuff isn't done without the blessing of the owners? Come on. As far as investing in "body armor" type of uniforms, all that'd do is make players hit people harder. It's called the Peltzman Effect. Basically, numerous studies have shown that the safer things make us, the more risks we take.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:14 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information