Petition against signing Tebow

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
There was some radio talk nonsense raising suggestion that the Seahawks should pick up Tebow to backup Wilson. Their idiotic thought process is that Tebow could fit in well in the read-option offense.

Tebow is NOT a good fit for Seattle. IMO Seattle is not a read-option offense, it is an adaptive offense. While Tebow might be able to run the read-option, the value of this scheme would diminish if there is no threat of a pass.

I have nothing against Tebow as a person, but I don't want him to be a Seahawk. IMO, he should move on from trying to be QB, and convert into being full-back (a la Mike Rob), or possibly a joker tight end.

This is my petition to NOT sign Tebow...cosign if you agree.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Tim Tebow isn't a good fit for QB imo - and based on late season rumors, he seems to be turning into a bit of a whiner.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
if it wouldn't bring a bunch of nonsense drama with it, there are some ways it would make sense. I won't go into them.

But it's not worth it.

hawker84

Reaction score
tebow better learn the tight end or fullback position if he wants to hang on to his football career

Hawknballs

Reaction score
hawker84":dcsr43bn said:
tebow better learn the tight end or fullback position if he wants to hang on to his football career

he's not good at throwing the ball even though that's been his job for many years now, I'm not sure why people think he can suddenly be a good blocker/receiver.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
@ the OP

Why don't you just try trusting Your coach and GM?

pehawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":156brzwr said:
@ the OP

To pile on, if Pete and John did consider it, I'd be for it. But, Tebow doesn't seem to fit the play-action, over-the-top desire.

Also, since I'm more than capable of forming my own opinions and understanding 99% of the Tebow thing is the medias fault, not Tebow's, I think its a tad screwed up he doesn't get a shot somewhere. He's earned that going 7-4 and winning a playoff game.

Now, a petition I would sign is no to Rex Grossman. Scott, can you start that up please?

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo":127v60pf said:
@ the OP

Exactly. I don't think they'd do it, but if they did, I would assume there was a good plan behind it.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
pehawk":dkfwun88 said:
Scottemojo":dkfwun88 said:
@ the OP

To pile on, if Pete and John did consider it, I'd be for it. But, Tebow doesn't seem to fit the play-action, over-the-top desire.

Also, since I'm more than capable of forming my own opinions and understanding 99% of the Tebow thing is the medias fault, not Tebow's, I think its a tad screwed up he doesn't get a shot somewhere. He's earned that going 7-4 and winning a playoff game.

Now, a petition I would sign is no to Rex Grossman. Scott, can you start that up please?
We all got our issues, man. Turning Rex into a really good QB=Turning a lesbian. Both things I want to be a part of.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
I feel bad for tebow , the media/jets has ruined his career. nobody wants him because he brings more media then T.O

Its sad because the guy is a winner. If he came and backed up wilson I wouldnt mind. I dont think he would ever see the field and if he did(due to injury) we would be okay. Read option Tebow-Lynch would not be bad.

pehawk

Reaction score
You've never turned a lesbian? True story; I'm lesbian kryptonite, slept with 3 during my 1.5 year single period. I think it's because I'm small, tanned, dress pretty and hung like a PS3 joystick. Perfect gateway man.

I'm not sure I could turn Rex out though. Maybe....

I'm actually kind of bummed Tebow wont get a shot in Jax. Dude deserves a shot to start, not here, but, yeah.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan":3e8jvfm1 said:
I feel bad for tebow , the media/jets has ruined his career. nobody wants him because he brings more media then T.O

Its sad because the guy is a winner. If he came and backed up wilson I wouldnt mind. I dont think he would ever see the field and if he did(due to injury) we would be okay. Read option Tebow-Lynch would not be bad.

Piss poor accuracy and bad mechanics also contributed to this.

hawker84

Reaction score
Hawknballs":1wlk85i7 said:
hawker84":1wlk85i7 said:

he's not good at throwing the ball even though that's been his job for many years now, I'm not sure why people think he can suddenly be a good blocker/receiver.

it's never been written that he's not, besides at this point, what's it going to hurt to try?

docj78

Reaction score
volsunghawk":149ci9u3 said:
EastCoastHawksFan":149ci9u3 said:

Piss poor accuracy and bad mechanics also contributed to this.

Aww.... C'mon. The kid got drafted by Josh McDaniels, who was soon to be fired. Inherited by a new Broncos FO and coaching staff that wanted nothing to do with them. Stepped in for Kyle Orton and HELPED turn the Broncos season around, making it to the 2nd round of the playoffs, then dumped like trash to the Jets. I feel for the kid. Everyone knew he was gonna be a developmental project when he was drafted, but yet has never had any real development. Hasn't had a coach at the pro level for more than 1 year, and the Jets can't even keep Mark Sanchez from regressing. The dude has shown that his long passing is decent, just needs to work on reads and mechanics. People say that Kaepernick can't make anything other than basic reads, yet he's not getting roasted by everyone. People's minds were made up about Tim Tebow before he ever even set foot on an NFL field.

cdallan

Reaction score
pehawk":if4hn10m said:
You've never turned a lesbian? True story; I'm lesbian kryptonite, slept with 3 during my 1.5 year single period. I think it's because I'm small, tanned, dress pretty and hung like a PS3 joystick. Perfect gateway man.

I'm not sure I could turn Rex out though. Maybe....

I'm actually kind of bummed Tebow wont get a shot in Jax. Dude deserves a shot to start, not here, but, yeah.

I'm sick of Tebow. Can we just discuss this post instead.

Also interesting that what is kryptonite to a lesbian is just a short man. Worst. Superhero. Ever.