Jacksonville forums

pehawk

Reaction score
ParisPC07":5prdnmoh said:
Does anyone know where a good Jacksonville Jaguars forum is?

Not even Jaguars fan know. No one knows. Did you try looking under the tarps?

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Go to where the tumbleweeds skip across the desert sands and dinosaur bones are the most recent signs of life. There you will find what you seek.

Bigjag57

Reaction score
Hey folks hope all is well for ya. Just wanted to hop on the board and say first off to get it out of the way that I respect and admire the Seahawks organization and really enjoy their style of football so just so you know that I'm not coming on here to bash or hate. I occasionally like to visit other team sites especially with news like the hiring of your DC to our HC job. I've heard great things and are looking forward to erasing the bitter 2-14 season we had.

Being that you guys are way on the other side I wanted to give some education about the Jaguars as an organization since the media has painted a terrible picture of the team over the years. Without further ado here are some facts for you guys about the Jags.

1. Tarps- Originally the stadium is designed to handle 84,000 screaming mad fans college ball wise and 76,867 NFL wise, the tarps were put there to reduce the seating to 67,246 which would have made it the 4th largest stadium behind Fedex Field , Metlife Stadium, and Cowboys Stadium. Being a newer football team in what was originally a dominant college football region, the Jags have yet to establish that rich history and fan base as many teams have over the years. This year for some games we did take tarps off to handle additional capacity and is the bigger focus on Shad Khan and Mark Lamping to have removed moving forward.

2. Blackouts- While being one of the teams who suffered through these the past few years, the Jags for the past 5 years have had less blackouts off the top of my head the Bengals, Raiders, Bucs, and the Lions. We haven't had a blackout since 2009 either. The fanbase is growing and a lot of the kids that grew up watching the Jags in the 90s are now adults and have roots and building the team's fanbase.

3. Tim Tebow- No no no no no no heck naw no. There's a division on this guy because Jacksonville is a UF town and ol Timmeh Tebah is the savior of all things in life in their eyes. Those people are idiots and know nothing about football. We who are the majority know better and don't want em.

4. Source sites for Jaguars. Big one is jaguars.com or forum.jaguars.com for our forums. It's pretty active and heavily moderated since it's a team based site. For anything we find out about Bradley bigcatcountry.com is a pretty decent site as well.

In closing our team has a lot of work to do, the GM the past 4 years really just did a poor job (remember we drafted a punter in the 3rd round.......5 picks ahead of Russell Wilson?) overall. He had some decent pickups ala Derek Cox if he can stay healthy, Justin Blackmon is panning out to be good as well as Cecil Shorts III. I think really 3 areas would potentially take it from a 2-14 team to a playoff contendor which would be a QB for the love of GOD someday we gotta get a score there, a D-line who can get more sacks than our mascot, a CB, and an o-line. Combine that with a healthy Maurice Jones Drew and what we do have and the Jags are all business.

If you have any questions about the team feel free to ask any time. Now my question would be first what do you guys think about Bradley and secondly I hear Flynn's got a weak arm, what is your assessment on him?

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Bigjag57":3dkfg3z6 said:
If you have any questions about the team feel free to ask any time. Now my question would be first what do you guys think about Bradley and secondly I hear Flynn's got a weak arm, what is your assessment on him?

Thanks for the lowdown, Bigjag... here's my take:

With Bradley, it's hard to know exactly how he's going to do. When he started off here, our roster was full of overpaid, aging vets whose best years were behind them, and the performance of his defense backed that up. It was not a good defense by any stretch of the imagination. He wasn't performing any miracles with that bunch.

It does speak to his credit that Pete Carroll kept him around from the previous staff when he was hired in 2010. He is a Kiffin disciple, as is Pete, so that made the pairing work. That said, another difficulty in identifying how much of our defensive turnaround is due to Bradley is that he's been the DC here under two defensive-minded coaches. It's hard to separate what credit should go to Bradley versus what credit should go to Carroll (and also, what credit should go to our front office for going out and getting some outstanding players - upgrades at pretty much every position on D).

I guess in the end, most people here appreciated him working so well with Carroll and seeing the results of that combination on our D. But at the same time, not a whole lot of fans here are sad to see him go. The feeling is that this is Carroll's defense and that we shouldn't really see any drop-off with Bradley's departure. Plus, we had a pretty disturbing trend this season of dropping games when we had a lead late in the 4th quarter. On the road, we lost to Arizona, Miami, Detroit, and Atlanta when our defense couldn't prevent a late drive from an opponent it should have been able to stop. The Chicago road game also featured one of these late game meltdowns and very well could have been a loss had Seattle not won the OT coin flip. The Atlanta and Chicago games were particularly frustrating since we held a lead with under a minute remaining.

As to your second question, yes, Flynn is not known for his arm strength. He can't zip passes into small windows in the same way that a guy with a bigger arm can. That said, he can still get the ball downfield, and his accuracy is solid. He's a WCO guy who works best in a timing-based offense - I think he's a lot like Hasselbeck, actually. We only got to see limited evidence of his capabilities here, but I think he plays smart, efficient, safe, and uninspired football. He can likely be very, very good if he has a very, very good team around him, but I don't get the sense that he's the type of guy who will be able to take a team on his back and will them to a win. Bear in mind this is just my opinion from the limited evidence we have on Flynn (both from his GB starts and his Seattle preseason work).

OP
OP
ParisPC07

ParisPC07

Reaction score
Thanks a lot BigJag. I'll probably see you over in one of those forums you mentioned, or here of course. I always root for the Jags in the AFC. On a whooole different level than my Seahawks, but you know what I mean.

drdiags

Reaction score
BigJag,

I think Bradley has potential as a head coach. Folks who are in the business have pointed to him as a rising star. It was interesting listening to his introductory news conference and some of the sayings he stated sounded very much like some Pete Carroll quotes. I figure in time he will be his own man, where his own ideas are his mantra. I think it will take some time for him to get into the swing as a HC but will be pulling for him to make it a success in Jacksonville. Will he have more success than Mularkey? I think so. Will he be better than Del Rios? Not sure. Jack seemed to have a good defense most of the time, but Leftwich and Garrard couldn't get the offense on a constant high level and that seemed to be Jack's undoing. At least from my neck of the woods not knowing intimate details.

The OC hiring will be a big one for Bradley. That and the QB coach. He will need some help from that side so if he can find some young hotshot OC or a dynamic established one, he has a chance.

Flynn is a QB that seems to have the moxie to be a pretty good QB. I think he could be just as good or better than Garrard was for you guys. Just as good or better than Henne. At this point, that is just opinion but I think he is more than a backup. People who like him, like Aaron Rodgers, feel this way. As a fan, I would have been satisfied to have him lead the team here. Just got a once in a life-time pick in Wilson that beat him out.

We will see what the Jags new talent folks think. Will all depend on who that OC is and what Bradley wants to do with the offense. He said he wants to be dynamic and go vertical. That may take awhile to get there. Maybe Gabbert can be worked with? Maybe not. Is Henne just not a good enough bridge QB in the Jags fans eyes?

Bigjag57

Reaction score
Yea so far folks are pretty excited, Gus brought a lot of energy and excitement to the presser.

Since then they snatched up Jedd Fisch the OC from the Hurricanes and then former Bears LB coach/DC Bob Babich. Fisch hire isn't too bad since he ran a pretty good system out in Miami but I worry about the Babich hire since when he was a DC for Bears they had a terrible defense those 2 years. I'm hoping Bradley is going to have a large influence in the defensive side of things.

We'll see how it goes.