Man, we need a Julio Jones

ludakrishna

Reaction score
The Falcons gave up 5 picks to move up and get him. Haven't been following the prospects. If we want a WR like him, we need to trade up. Wont get him at our draft position.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
ludakrishna":23ln5vaa said:
The Falcons gave up 5 picks to move up and get him. Haven't been following the prospects. If we want a WR like him, we need to trade up. Wont get him at our draft position.

No Julio Jones or AJ Green's in this draft I'm afraid.

bigcc

Reaction score
Dwayne Bowe is a UFA......

similar size, only 28, not as fast but has put up huge numbers despite being double teamed and having Cassell as his QB

I drool at the thought of Rice/Bowe on the outside and Tate in the slot

hawker84

Reaction score
i would love Julio.. i would take Victor cruz or Brandon Marshall as well.. bowe has some drop issues doesn't he.?

bigcc

Reaction score
hawker84":2syx56qj said:
i would love Julio.. i would take Victor cruz or Brandon Marshall as well.. bowe has some drop issues doesn't he.?

Cruz is restricted meaning we'd have to give picks, and Marshall isn't even a FA....

and as for drops: https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... receivers/

Bowe isn't mentioned so it can't be too bad..... surprisingly Tates numbers are a lot better than I thought theyd be

hawker84

Reaction score
whoa, cruz and marshall are at the top of that list.. i would've never guessed that... i'd still want either one of them but wow.

bigcc

Reaction score
hawker84":15ostihj said:
whoa, cruz and marshall are at the top of that list.. i would've never guessed that... i'd still want either one of them but wow.

heh the first list is simply the most dropped passes..... the only reason they are listed so many times is because they were targeted so often, you have to look at the drop rate

Marshall had 131 catchable passes and dropped 13...... compared to jordy nelson who had 57 catchable and dropped 8

Cruz is a bit high but a lot of his are downfield so its understandable

either way with what Bowe adds to the table it wouldnt be a concern for me to sign him to a sidney rice type deal..... and a big reason for that is that if sidney rice goes down next year, all of a sudden our WR corps looks awfully thin

hawker84

Reaction score
yep, i liked Bowe as well ever since he was brought up in here.. just remember seeing the he's inconsistant posts.. but that doesn't seem to be the case....

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Golden Tate has had two passes dropped in the past two seasons. Wow. Both this season, as last year he was the only receiver to not have a dropped pass.

Talk about sure hands...If he can keep developing his route-running, he could be a truly elite receiver.

bigcc

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":xj4gxa6w said:
Golden Tate has had two passes dropped in the past two seasons. Wow. Both this season, as last year he was the only receiver to not have a dropped pass.

Talk about sure hands...If he can keep developing his route-running, he could be a truly elite receiver.

When I wish for Bowe I am in no way knocking Tates' potential... heck he's only 3 months older than Wilson is...... I just don't think he's ready to be our number 1 guy QUITE yet, which would be the situation if Rice gets hurt (which at this point in his career has proven to be more likely than not to happen during the course of a season)

Latest posts