Tom Brady should just retire ...

joeseahawks

Reaction score
I love Tom , but I don't think he can will a team to wins anymore. Don't get me wrong, he is still better than most QB in this league ... not very few QBs are on the other side of 36 years of age.
The Patriots way of playing is old and passed. Brady to Welker ... Brady to Welker ... Brady to Welker ... Duh ...
I like the newer types of QBs better. Wilson, CK7, RG3, ...

Now let's get a few play makers on offense ... Let's find some dynamic powerful receivers ... for RW ... Our time is NOW ... our time has started ... Next Season, the SB is coming to Seattle ...

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Too bad Gronk was out. He's a pretty big weapon.

Tom Brady should demand a trade to a team that has a defense.

OP
OP
J

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Every team has injured players. The Patriots is Brady and nothing else. Brady has profited all his career from weak divisions to get first round byes and an easy path to the SB.
Good job Ravens ...

shiva1008

Reaction score
It was just a year ago that everyone was saying how you need an "elite QB" to win in the NFL - a Brady, Rodgers, or Manning.

Now the two teams in the Super Bowl are strong defensive teams, balanced with competent offenses and competent/ above average QBs.

I think this is a good development because it makes winning less dependent on finding an elite QB and allows for more variety in ways to win and more of a variety in ways that you can structure your team and still compete.

OP
OP
J

joeseahawks

Reaction score
It only shows that guys like Brady, Manning have been constantly oversold by the Media, that want to create supermen out of these guys. Yes, they are good, but it is time credit be given to others.
Look at the mistakes Brady made at the end of the first half. Russell Wilson was blamed last week for a "mistake" that wasn't even as close as what Brady did. This is a 13+ years Veteran?
RW is too short and his passes will be battered by linemen ... how many Brady passes were battered today? LOTS ...and he is 6ft4? or something like that ...

knownone

Reaction score
Tom is still a damn good QB. NE runs a gimmick offense, masking the fact that they don't have receivers who can get separation consistently on their own. Good defenses exploit this, they don't get overwhelmed by the hurry up or the quick snaps or misdirection, Which makes NE a very vanilla offense to defend.

The Patriots need to get a legitimate #1 receiver, or pray Gronkowski can stay healthy if they want any shot at winning another title with Brady.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Name the last time Brady led his team on a TD drive...

FGs are infinitely easier to get than a TD. He can thank Vinetari for that.

amill87

Reaction score
I'm shocked all these high powered offensive teams haven't figured it out yet. Look at every team that has won the Super bowl the past ten years. They do it with either a really good defense or a really hot defense, regardless how elite their quarterback is. Teams like Green Bay, New Orleans, Atlanta, and New England have virtually no shot in the playoffs unless their defenses get hot at the right time.

The saying "defenses win championships" has never been more true. I made a post awhile back about how the NFL is going to be entering a new more physical cycle shortly and I think I'm spot on so far. Offensive teams are just not going to win super bowls anymore for awhile

amill87

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":gzom395f said:
Yes, an elite QB still getting his team to the playoffs every year should just retire.

:roll:

All those playoff appearances dont mean anything without a Super Bowl ring. They haven't won one since they turned the team over to Brady. When they won the other ones early in the 2000's they had a good defense than they went away from what was working and become a high powered offensive team with a crappy defense.

rdskns4eva

Reaction score
knownone":15m2lvpq said:
Tom is still a damn good QB. NE runs a gimmick offense, masking the fact that they don't have receivers who can get separation consistently on their own. Good defenses exploit this, they don't get overwhelmed by the hurry up or the quick snaps or misdirection, Which makes NE a very vanilla offense to defend.

The Patriots need to get a legitimate #1 receiver, or pray Gronkowski can stay healthy if they want any shot at winning another title with Brady.

How do the Pats run a gimmick offense? They've been like the best Offesne in the NFL for the last 5 years and they consistenly put up 35 points per game. Just because they only scored 13, doesnt mean that the offense is gimmicky.

chris98251

Reaction score
Pioli back to NE next season I think. They have lost ground every year since he went to KC, smoke and mirror Db's and inconsistent running game. Brady will keep playing, he loves the limelight and accolades that go with it.

OP
OP
J

joeseahawks

Reaction score
When you play the Jets, the Dolphins, the Bills every year twice, wouldn't you put 100 points on them consistently?
I don't think the Pats have been as good as the Media wants us to believe.
Brady has kept them from having bad seasons like most teams ... but year after year after year, they play one of the weakest schedule in the league.
rdskns4eva":3qh8jupc said:
knownone":3qh8jupc said:

How do the Pats run a gimmick offense? They've been like the best Offesne in the NFL for the last 5 years and they consistenly put up 35 points per game. Just because they only scored 13, doesnt mean that the offense is gimmicky.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
amill87":2nx0fykt said:
RolandDeschain":2nx0fykt said:
Yes, an elite QB still getting his team to the playoffs every year should just retire.

All those playoff appearances dont mean anything without a Super Bowl ring. They haven't won one since they turned the team over to Brady. When they won the other ones early in the 2000's they had a good defense than they went away from what was working and become a high powered offensive team with a crappy defense.

Yeah, making the playoffs and winning at least one game almost every year is just as crappy as going 3-13 and picking 1st or 2nd in the draft. Are you freaking serious? Wowwwwwwwwwww.

I don't even know what to say. Well, I do, but this isn't the shack.

JesterHawk

Reaction score
I'm with Roland here. Brady is still playing at a high level. This thread is a head scratcher. Take off the HATE goggles, sheesh.

BASF

Reaction score
amill87":3il12lf5 said:
RolandDeschain":3il12lf5 said:

They haven't won one since they stopped filming the opponents practice sessions.

themunn

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2mwt1ecp said:
Yeah, making the playoffs and winning at least one game almost every year is just as crappy as going 3-13 and picking 1st or 2nd in the draft. Are you freaking serious? Wowwwwwwwwwww.

I don't even know what to say. Well, I do, but this isn't the shack.

?????

That's not what he's saying - he's saying they haven't won since they made Brady the focal point of the team - a high-powered scoring offense with no running game and no defense - things they had between 00-05.

You know what they say you need to win the superbowl? A good running game and good defense, and it's been the case pretty much every year, though the 09 Saints and 10 Packers screwed with it a bit by not having a running game, their defenses were still pretty outstanding that year.

They went some way to fixing that this year with Ridley and an improved front 7, but until they can defend the pass they'll win nothing