Wifi at stadiums

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
I spent my whole season ticket holder questionnaire telling them that they need WiFi and better cell service at CLink. Hope they make it a priority this offseason.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
There's so much interference at the Clink, my phones in the past have been nearly unusable. I'll be curious to go to one with my new Galaxy Note II to see if I get better results, or not.

OP
OP
M

mikeak

Reaction score
My big question is how much will they charge for the access.

If they give you wifi at the game with redzone access would you pay $10 or would you expect it to be free?

I realize why NFL should do it for free (they are loosing fans at the games) but there is a cost and some teams will pay it and others won't. Finally it may be something you can get sponsored "Free wifi brought to you by Tanzania" (which would be awesome and ironic)

seahawks08

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":yy20rsdr said:
There's so much interference at the Clink, my phones in the past have been nearly unusable. I'll be curious to go to one with my new Galaxy Note II to see if I get better results, or not.

I think it is by design to keep people away from phones and focus on making some noise. Imagine if everyone is texting and doing something on the phone, will take away home field advantage.

Slick

Reaction score
Quit texting/tweeting/facef*cking/fantasyfootballing. Enjoy the moment. Enjoy the game. No one gives a shat that you are there. If you like that, stay home and wank off on those things and .NET chat. I defintely do this for the road games. When at the CLink though, my phone is put away.

Oh you need it in case of an emergency? Contact stadium personnel and use a phone.

Just my opinion. I think the stadium experience gets worse when everyone is glued to their smartphone. We'll start sounding like Dallas fans - nothing.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Actually, I had in mind activities like checking up on some of the other games in progress, getting an update on an injured player, things like that. They take so many damned commercial breaks anymore it would be easy to whip it out for a minute or two and have it back in the pocket long before the game starts up again.

And as for emergencies, it would be a lot more convenient to be able to use your cell phone rather than contact security, especially if someone is trying to contact you.

OP
OP
M

mikeak

Reaction score
Well if you watch the video (guess I will give it away) the above is exactly what you get. They give you 6 different camera angels of the game and they throw in the redzone package. I would definately see this as valuable prior to the game when all the east-coast games are still going. I do agree though more technology will make it quiter at the game.

Still the trend is undeniable - less people at the game in part because of the nice big screens most people have now and people wanting continous information about other games, fantasy football etc

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Slick":2vqowmre said:
Quit texting/tweeting/facef*cking/fantasyfootballing. Enjoy the moment. Enjoy the game. No one gives a shat that you are there. If you like that, stay home and wank off on those things and .NET chat. I defintely do this for the road games. When at the CLink though, my phone is put away.

Oh you need it in case of an emergency? Contact stadium personnel and use a phone.

Just my opinion. I think the stadium experience gets worse when everyone is glued to their smartphone. We'll start sounding like Dallas fans - nothing.

Don't lump me in with douche bags that are like that. I only look at my phone at games during commercial breaks, and you're damned sure I like to talk smack to people I know that are fans of the opposing team when the Seahawks are beating them down while I'm at the game.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
mikeak":26xtx2le said:
^ Plus you are supposed to be quiet when your offense snaps the ball :)

Well, that too, but I'm too busy watching the offense. Occasionally, I'll try to sneak a text in between snaps, but I'm a whiz with my newfangled modern technology stuff.