Jets to explore trading Darrelle Revis

Erebus

Reaction score
Considering the cost it would take to get him (probably more than just a 1st round pick), how long we would have him (only two years before he hits free agency), and our current CB situation, I don't think it makes sense to trade for him. He would be a nice upgrade over Browner, but the cost of acquiring him is far greater than the difference between him and Browner.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Flynn, Browner and a 3rd? yeah, probably not going to happen but it's nice to dream.

nategreat

Reaction score
lukerguy":p6ju7l1a said:
Flynn, Browner and a 3rd? yeah, probably not going to happen but it's nice to dream.

Intriguing.....

I love Browner, and think he's an intimidating presence- but Revis is a shutdown corner- him and Sherman would be a humiliating combo for opposing QBs and WRs. If somehow we could keep Browner and move him to SS, as several have mentioned (if they think he could play that position well) that would be even better!

Basis4day

Reaction score
I love Browner, and think he's an intimidating presence- but Revis is a shutdown corner- him and Sherman would be a humiliating combo for opposing QBs and WRs. If somehow we could keep Browner and move him to SS, as several have mentioned (if they think he could play that position well) that would be even better!

You don't change a pro-bowler's position. Browner isn't going to safety. Kam isn't going to be a LB, ET isn't going to be a CB, MRob isn't going to be our backup QB.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
A deal between the Seahawks and Jets for Revis doesn't make sense for either organization. Don't fall in love with name value. We're very strong at outside corner, and as someone already said, the upgrade wouldn't be worth what we'd be giving up in personnel or future cap space.