Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ NFL NATION ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: Rumor: Hawks 'highly interested' in acquiring Darrelle Revis
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:13 pm 
NET Veteran

TeamoftheCentury wrote:
Unless they're in cahoots on a major punk on the media and giving us fans some off season entertainment... Revis now has about as good a chance as Lloyd Christmas at becoming a Seahawk.

Actually, Lloyd Christmas has 0% chance. Revis has 0.01836% chance. I calculated it.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:23 am 
NET Veteran

Your secondary is already pretty amazing. As a Niner fan I would hate it if you guys picked up Revis knowing that we would have to face you guys with Sherman and Revis on the field twice each season.

What is the likelihood that you guys would trade away Browner if the Revis situation materializes for your team?

The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:09 am 
*NET FCC Liaison*

NinerLifer wrote:
What is the likelihood that you guys would trade away Browner if the Revis situation materializes for your team?

I'd have to imagine fairly high, but not until after this season. Regardless, we are not going after Revis. You simply do not pay someone else 10x more when they bring only a small upgrade over what you have. Don't get me wrong, Revis is definitely a more skilled CB than Browner, but not by a lot. Browner's mad trash-talking gets receivers hitting him and being distracted by him. Did you know Browner actually threatened Sherman on the field during our season opener at Arizona? He told Sherman to stop being soft on Fitzgerald because he was an idol of Sherman's and threatened to beat his ass (not an exact quote, but that was the gist of it) after the game if he didn't start covering him like he should have. Rofl.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:23 am 
NET Veteran

The Eagles already tried spending a TON of money on their corners. The issue in a salary cap league is you have to spend less somewhere else. You don't pay Revis so that you CAN'T pay Sherman in one year. Won't happen plus you are setting a bar for Sherman in a year that is higer than what Revis is getting.

Sherman might resign here for $15 million even if Revis makes $16 million somewhere else (numbers out of thin air). But if we get Revis and he signs here for $16 million / year then you bet every penny you have that Sherman will want AT LEAST $16 million and one penny........

Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:09 am 
I'M JIMMY!

I don't see Revis playing here or SF. I like Browner out there anyways. There are folks who think he isn't a great cover guy, but he holds his own well when he doesn't flat take his guy out of the play.

I see Revis as an improvement for SF for sure, but I think the SF secondary is better than they looked at the end because if the DLine play dropping off without JSmith being 100%. The Hawks just blasted that line for the most part without him and Rodgers/Brown/Culliver were being asked to cover too long. Those guys are much better with a good pass rush and I would think Baalke and Hardouche want to invest their money there if they can.

Wonder what that Smith trade will warrant... Possible they use that chip to address their DLine OR secondary.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:22 pm 
NET Veteran

Get Revis...sign Randy Starks...Trade Browner and Flynn for some picks or a WR...sounds good to me. Even though I love Browners pysicality!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ NFL NATION ]