Bush unlikely to return to Dolphins

pehawk

Reaction score
Most likely too expensive and too much of a reduced role to ever see Bush here, but I'd love him as a Seahawk. He'd be a great flat/safety valve for Wilson. He'd add depth to RB and as a possible 4/5th WR. And, he's still a homerun threat.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
As long as he gets to do the pretty stuff, he's really good. He did look a little soft running between the tackles.

I wonder how he would be as a slot receiver. that would be a fun mismatch.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
That's my thinking, read-option, slot, flanker type. He thrived in New Orleans in that role.

mikeak

Reaction score
I have said this for months now and Chip Kelly to Eagles make it fit even better

Keep Vick, sign Bush, sign Vince Young, trade for Tebow (7th rounder)

You add a few others like Dixon that will come free, pick up Collin Klein in the draft (6th rounder) - he can play TE when not in wildcate / read-option formation

Then run up tempo constant pressure - would be fun as heck to watch and with the number of bodies that can switch positions you can have all of them on the team, several for cheap and have backup "bodies" when one goes down

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
mikeak":ol50cqil said:
I have said this for months now and Chip Kelly to Eagles make it fit even better

You add a few others like Dixon that will come free, pick up Collin Klein in the draft (6th rounder) - he can play TE when not in wildcate / read-option formation

Then run up tempo constant pressure - would be fun as heck to watch and with the number of bodies that can switch positions you can have all of them on the team, several for cheap and have backup "bodies" when one goes down

I was more thinking of Bush being an occasional changeup to Lynch in the zone read, and a possible 2nd slot option.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Meh. Overrated. I wouldn't shun the guy if he came in at a bargain price but he seems to be the polar opposite of what we want in our players, physically.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":3a4vcutd said:
Meh. Overrated. I wouldn't shun the guy if he came in at a bargain price but he seems to be the polar opposite of what we want in our players, physically.

Opposite meaning, he'd skew the WR height up?

Who overrates him? The Saints dont win a Super Bowl without him, IMO.

knownone

Reaction score
mikeak":xrkjdrxl said:

Are you serious? lol.

Basis4day

Reaction score
pehawk":2s6n8669 said:

Super Bowl Stats:

5 carries, 25 yards, 5.0 yards/carry, 0 touchdowns
4 receptions, 38 yards, 9.5 yards/catch, 0 touchdowns
1 punt return, 4 yards

During the season he averaged 27.9 yards a game and only had 5 tds during the regular season.

mikeak

Reaction score
knownone":1e85p1gt said:
mikeak":1e85p1gt said:

Are you serious? lol.

Sorry to clarify -- not for the Seahawks. No way not with that setup. This would be for the Eagles. With Chip and Vick on the roster I think it would be a blast and could work taking the Oregon style to the NFL but need multiple layers of plays and bodies

EDIT: add Dixon forgot I had him on my original list

For the Seahawks - speedy RB for receptions / read options very interesting hadn't even thought of him for our team

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Basis4day":37ptlagk said:
pehawk":37ptlagk said:

Super Bowl Stats:

1 punt return, 4 yards

During the season he averaged 27.9 yards a game and only had 5 tds during the regular season.

He was injured ALOT that year.

But, I was kind of talking about the divisional game against the Cardinals. Look it up, I'll wait.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
knownone":3r4sucdl said:
I'd take Sproles over Bush.

So would I.

He can still be a homerun along the edges though. And, play 3 different positions.

It's not like I want to build the team around him. But, he'd be DAMN nice as the saftey option in the flat.

Basis4day

Reaction score
pehawk":odw46xkw said:
Basis4day":odw46xkw said:
pehawk":odw46xkw said:

Super Bowl Stats:

1 punt return, 4 yards

He was injured ALOT that year.

But, I was kind of talking about the divisional game against the Cardinals. Look it up, I'll wait.

Um... the Saints were up 35-14 going into the 2nd half with 1 td by Bush on a 46 yard run (Saints 3rd TD of the game in the first quarter). He got a 2nd td on a punt return in the third. Saints won 45 to 14.

Bush had 5 total carries for 84 yards. take away his two td's and the saints still win 31-14. The cards didn't score in the 2nd half.

Not really sure what your point is. He played well, but it wasn't why they won the game.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Maybe I'm reading the situation wrong, but don't the old USC coaches (Carroll and Sark in particular) have some pretty bad feelings toward Bush for how he handled that whole situation a few years ago?

I know Sark is on record as having said this: "He had a chance to apologize, look like the good guy," Sarkisian told ESPN's Shelley Smith. "But in giving it back and not apologizing, he just looks like an idiot again."

Also, I remember Carroll saying something like he wanted Bush to give him closure on the whole ordeal, but he never heard from him after everything happened with the NCAA.

Doesn't seem like Bush is exactly the guy Carroll's going to go out on the limb for at this point.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Well, what was your point in joining this thread? It wasn't to actually add your thoughts on "would Bush be a cool change of pace guy on the Hawks", was it? What was YOUR point?

He also had a go ahead TD against Vikes, right?

And, Bush being lined up was something the defense had to account for. Be it slot or RB. His effect on THAT team cant truly be reflected in the stat sheet.

He's not that anymore, but he's still valuable.

Do you state opinions, or just nitpick? Does DTexhawk know you stole his gimmick then?

joeshaney

Reaction score
I've actually been thinking about Bush for a while. I think he'd be a great addition.
Could pair with Lynch very well as a change of pace, KR/PR, basically use him like Percy Harvin.

The problem is his contract. I'd be willing to give him a nice payday, but nothing close to top RB money.

Also, Leon Washington is still playing at an elite level.

It's not likely, but perhaps more likely than Mike Wallace, Revis, ect..

I'd be "highly interested" if the price was right. He'd make the offense even better. Tough call.

chris98251

Reaction score
So with wanting Wallace, Revis, Knox and Bush are we advertising for Dr. Andrews?

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
chris98251":23x0xmzq said:
So with wanting Wallace, Revis, Knox and Bush are we advertising for Dr. Andrews?

I heard the Tanzanians aren't paying the advert bills. Maybe Andrews head would look nice there?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I don't think Bush is where they will go for one reason, he is a bit soft. He had a couple of good games early on in the new ZBS Miami installed, but zone runners get hit a lot. Bush was bouncing everything to the outside by the end of the year.

I love the idea of Bush as a slot mismatch, but I don't think Pete likes his guys that specialized. Both our backs can pass block, and both play third downs. If Pete loved to specialize, Washington would be a third down back a lot more. I'm nitpicking schematic issues I don't like now, I would prefer some guys who can win man matchups rather than a team full of zone beaters, but that idea precludes much versatility.