Which player would you be most excited to sign or trade for?

Which player would you be most excited to sign or trade for?

• Darelle Revis

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Jared Allen

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Osi Umenyiora

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Larry Fitzgerald

Votes: 47 58.8%
  • Ed Reed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 10 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RussWILSON3

Reaction score
There are a few players that I am dreaming about in a Seahawks uniform. Larry Fitzgerald being my vote. I know it's pretty risky to trade for Fitz with all of the money he is owed with his back loaded contract. But the Russ to Fitz connection would be something special, none the less. What do you guys think? If you select "Other", let us know who !

NYCoug

Reaction score
I'm going with Ndamukong Suh. I'd go absolutely insane if the Hawks somehow pulled off a trade to land him.

More than likely won't happen though, but still. It's a nice dream.

OP
OP
R

RussWILSON3

Reaction score
NYCoug":fzxnvl27 said:
I'm going with Ndamukong Suh. I'd go absolutely insane if the Hawks somehow pulled off a trade to land him.

That would be amazing... If we could somehow beef up our pass rush, or defense would be ridiculous. Wouldn't you think we'd have to give up some quality players or picks for him?

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Most of the guys on the list are either has-beens or are locked up in big contracts, so I don't think it's a good list unless we're just dreamin'. If we're just dreaming, then Fitzgerald is the obvious choice. If we're trying to be realistic, Umeniora would get me moderately excited, depending on contract and his role. I think he may have a few productive years left, but he's past his prime.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Jared Allen I would be most excited for.

I would be excited for Fitzgerald, but I just don't think he would fill as much of a need as Allen would.

NYCoug

Reaction score
RussWILSON3":36ddgvap said:
NYCoug":36ddgvap said:

That would be amazing... If we could somehow beef up our pass rush, or defense would be ridiculous. Wouldn't you think we'd have to give up some quality players or picks for him?

Oh hell yeah we'd have to give the Lions an arm and a leg. It'd be worth it though, in my mind. I'd give them a 1st rounder or two but that's why I'm posting here while watching Patrice O'Neal clips and not running the team.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Jared Allen, that guy is a beast and a character.

That Pink Caddy with longhorns on the front, the daisy dukes...the potential for Real Rob comedy is limitless.

I could see him finishing his career in MN though. I don't know anything about his contract though.

Hamhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":xvb8m2b5 said:
Other: Geno Atkins or Haloti Ngata. They would do more for our team than any receiver in the game.
either of those two would be great,...chances of that happening,...ummm, probably around .01%,...

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Hamhawk":2q0inqyn said:
either of those two would be great,...chances of that happening,...ummm, probably around .01%,...

Because all the others on that list are so likely to make the team? :roll: The OP even mentioned "dream".

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I don't want to trade for anyone and their big contract, or sign any big contract FA's. I want to keep building through the draft, and re-signing the guys we have to longer contracts.

The only exception I would make is a proven, still young pass rusher who won't break the bank, but that is a pipe dream.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Definitely Fitzgerald, the rest are old, tired and injured. Maybe Jared Allen but he is getting up there too.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Add another vote for Fitzgerald. If he was playing on the east coast he would be a legend. The dude makes catches that amaze. I love to watch him play if he was here at least he would get the ball..Vincent Jackson is a similar talent but he has a pretty big head and not a team first guy

kearly

Reaction score
I like Fitz, but he'd be my last choice. He had a huge down year last season, he's 30 years old on opening day and might be declining already, and he's on one of biggest, most unfortunate contracts in the NFL. If Arizona released him then showing interest would make sense. But Seattle can't afford to trade away high draft picks and $16 million a year for a guy that had 798 yards and 4 TDs last season. And before anyone says his QBs sucked, they were the same QBs in 2011 when he posted 1411 yards and 8 TDs.

I voted for Jared Allen. First, Jared Allen is really good at getting to the QB. Second, he's only on a 1 year deal, he wouldn't burden the long term cap situation very much. Third, he probably wouldn't cost a ton to trade for. Fourth, he'd play the games wearing Jorts if the NFL would let him. I don't normally like total rednecks or people that remind me of Will Ferrell, but Allen is one of my favorite non-Seahawks.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I'd go with Jared Allen. Not sure how much Fitz has left in the tank. Jared Allen would have made about 3 games of difference last year; we win in Detroit and Miami, because we turn a TD series into a punt series with his QB pressure. We also would have won in Atlanta and probably be playing this Sunday. Fitz would be great, sure, but we scored and had the lead late in the 4th in all those games. Our offense wasn't really the issue.