OK..OK.. How's this??? Trade Flynn to Buffalo for TJ..and

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
  • Pay Tony Gonzales whatever it will take to come out of retirement for two more years.

Our Offense would be so good that no team in the NFL could score enough against our already great Defense to keep up with us.

Landing Gonzales would be the last nail in the coffin for the rest of the NFL vs the Seattle Seahawks.

Tony is CLUTCH!! Wilson is CLUTCH!!! What else is there to know?

AND TJ is one of the few QB's that can run and gun. He's no Russell Wilson but Ryan cannot take the reigns of our new offense. TJ is fighting for the THIRD spot in Buffalo.
    HUGGY
    *NET Poop Holster*

• No thanks. I'm sure there is a better option than T-Jack, we've already been there. Plus I imagine we would be able to get SOMETHING for Flynn at least.
    nategreat
    NET Veteran

• You want to trade Matt Flynn straight up for Tarvaris Jackson?

Are you the Bills GM masquerading as a Hawk's fan?

"There is no delay of game. We did not let the team know we were scratching our balls"
    IBleedBlueAndGreen
    * NET Injury Guru *

• Stop it. We only trade flynn if were presented with an offer. We dont put him out there and wait. Its not a concern at the moment, and nor is money.
    hawksincebirth wrote:So Russell has leverage but marshawn doesn't ? I thought its next man up. Hey we got t jack and bj Daniels right ??
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

• This is a funny post... haha

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

• If you're Tony Gonzales and you want to play one more year, do you do it with the team where you've already developed chemistry with all the offensive players, where you're intimately familiar with the system, and where the team just went to the NFCCG (not to mention, a team that already wants him back desperately)... or do you decide to uproot and go all the way across the country to a team that doesn't throw the ball nearly as much, faces a tougher divisional schedule, and where you'd have to readjust to a new system and new set of teammates at the very tail end of your career?

Yeah, the Tony G pipedreams should just stop.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

• Even if Tony G. decided to keep playing, why wouldn't he just stay in Atlanta instead of going to Seattle? They obviously want him back.

He's been there for years and the team is good. Even arguing Seattle will be better next year, does he really want to start with a new offense, QB, etc....?

I don't see this happening in any way.

Win Forever!
    JonRud
    NET Veteran

• You goofs are totally missing the point. I didn't state the terms of the trade. Of course Flynn is worth a hell of a lot more than TJ...especially to Buffalo. I for one don't believe there IS a suitable replacement for Wilson in a real live game. BUT we need SOMEBODY! A warm body that can sort of run our new offense.

The MAIN point of the thread is Tony G ya yo-yo's!!! LOL

I can't help it if Seanet doesn't have more than 35 or so characters in it's thread titles..

I don't give a rip about Flynn except he is too well paid to warm the bench.. To get Gonzales we will neep cap room...he won't come cheap.. if at all.
    HUGGY
    *NET Poop Holster*

• JonRud wrote:Even if Tony G. decided to keep playing, why wouldn't he just stay in Atlanta instead of going to Seattle? They obviously want him back.He's been there for years and the team is good. Even arguing Seattle will be better next year, does he really want to start with a new offense, QB, etc....?

Not so. Many Falcon fanz are butt hurt over him retiring. Most of the talk on their board is how they don't really need him... they were 12-4 without him ...good riddance...he wasn't all that good anyway...etc.
    HUGGY
    *NET Poop Holster*

• HUGGY wrote:Pay Tony Gonzales whatever it will take to come out of retirement for two more years.

Our Offense would be so good that no team in the NFL could score enough against our already great Defense to keep up with us.

Landing Gonzales would be the last nail in the coffin for the rest of the NFL vs the Seattle Seahawks.

Tony is CLUTCH!! Wilson is CLUTCH!!! What else is there to know?

AND TJ is one of the few QB's that can run and gun. He's no Russell Wilson but Ryan cannot take the reigns of our new offense. TJ is fighting for the THIRD spot in Buffalo.

Yes on Gonzales ---No on TJ
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• HUGGY wrote:
    JonRud wrote:Even if Tony G. decided to keep playing, why wouldn't he just stay in Atlanta instead of going to Seattle? They obviously want him back.He's been there for years and the team is good. Even arguing Seattle will be better next year, does he really want to start with a new offense, QB, etc....?

Not so. Many Falcon fanz are butt hurt over him retiring. Most of the talk on their board is how they don't really need him... they were 12-4 without him ...good riddance...he wasn't all that good anyway...etc.

Since what the fans think obviously means the organization feels the same way.
    Happybelly
    NET Practice Squad

• Stop with the Jackson love. We have seen his limitations and they are many and can't be overcome with a strong arm and guts. We have moved on.
    " Living on Earth isn't cheap, but it does include a yearly free trip around the sun."
    v1rotv2
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• JonRud wrote:Even if Tony G. decided to keep playing, why wouldn't he just stay in Atlanta instead of going to Seattle? They obviously want him back.

He's been there for years and the team is good. Even arguing Seattle will be better next year, does he really want to start with a new offense, QB, etc....?

He's a TE. It's not like it takes much adjustments to change offenses when you're a TE.
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

• I can't wait for the day our backup QB becomes 'just the guy who holds the clipboard'.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

• volsunghawk wrote:If you're Tony Gonzales and you want to play one more year, do you do it with the team where you've already developed chemistry with all the offensive players, where you're intimately familiar with the system, and where the team just went to the NFCCG (not to mention, a team that already wants him back desperately)... or do you decide to uproot and go all the way across the country to a team that doesn't throw the ball nearly as much, faces a tougher divisional schedule, and where you'd have to readjust to a new system and new set of teammates at the very tail end of your career?

Yeah, the Tony G pipedreams should just stop.

Yeah, you're probably right,,Gonzales probably doesn't have what it takes to transition to a different team, he'd probably be more like McCoy and we sure don't need another one like that.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• v1rotv2 wrote:Stop with the Jackson love. We have seen his limitations and they are many and can't be overcome with a strong arm and guts. We have moved on.

LOVE ????? Who the heck is talkin LOVE ??????

Good grief!! I'm just talkin a warm body and Buffalo needs a QB.

I'm just exploring getting his cap money back. There is no "Love" for TJ. If anything annymosity. I never want to see him in a Seahawk uniform again..

Who do you guys think can step in for Wilson anyway..???

There is NO ONE! What he does is so unique that what "reality" we really have to adjust to is that all our eggs are in Wilson's basket.

I'm down with that. I'm all in. It's Wilson till the wheels come off!

Wilson with Gonzales and Miller book ends with Rice and Tate to pass to...

It wouldn't even be fair to the rest of the NFL.

They could just save all the trouble and hand us the Lombardi trophy for 2014.
    HUGGY
    *NET Poop Holster*

• TJ made it known that he was less than thrilled with how he was treated during last training camp. Felt he didn't get a fair shot. I don't remember exactly what he said, but I remember getting the impression that TJ was not too concerned about burning whatever bridge was left between him and the Seahawk FO. Would be very surprised to see him in a Seahawk uniform again -- which is fine by me.

As for Tony G., I suspect the only two options he would consider are retirement and returning to ATL. Doubtful he would pack up, move, and set up shop in a new city for a single season.
    HawkFanNC
    NET Rookie

• How about this >>

With Matt Flynn on the roster ... the quarterback position ties up only 2 roster spots.

Without Matt Flynn on the roster ... the quarterback position ties up 3 roster spots.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• HawkFanNC wrote:TJ made it known that he was less than thrilled with how he was treated during last training camp. Felt he didn't get a fair shot. I don't remember exactly what he said, but I remember getting the impression that TJ was not too concerned about burning whatever bridge was left between him and the Seahawk FO. Would be very surprised to see him in a Seahawk uniform again -- which is fine by me.

As for Tony G., I suspect the only two options he would consider are retirement and returning to ATL. Doubtful he would pack up, move, and set up shop in a new city for a single season.

I said two years min. Tony already has it in his mind for a change...hence the "retirement" from ATLANTA.

He still wants a ring...he just doesn't believe Atlanta can deliver. He played his balls off in Atlanta last year...95 catches ...to what end???

Plus!!! Paul Allen can deliver OPPORTUNITY after Gonzales retires with a Super Bowl ring on each hand!
    HUGGY
    *NET Poop Holster*

• Jville wrote:How about this >>

With Matt Flynn on the roster ... the quarterback position ties up only 2 roster spots.

Without Matt Flynn on the roster ... the quarterback position ties up 3 roster spots.

You could have 5 QB's on the roster and nobody will be able to do what Wilson can do...deal with it!

OR...just cut Wilson now and you won't have to get over the fact that it is Wilson's way or NO WAY!
    HUGGY
    *NET Poop Holster*

• Wait, I thought we already decided that we were going to trade Flynn for Larry Fitzgerald...or was it Calvin Johnson?
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

• theENGLISHseahawk wrote:I can't wait for the day our backup QB becomes 'just the guy who holds the clipboard'.

this x 2... good lawd i'm so sick of Matt Flynn, and i don't even dislike the guy.. move him get a decent back up whatever, don't care they won't see the field unless it's a blowout anyways.. preferably somebody somewhat mobile.
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• HUGGY wrote:
    Jville wrote:How about this >>

You could have 5 QB's on the roster and nobody will be able to do what Wilson can do...deal with it!

OR...just cut Wilson now and you won't have to get over the fact that it is Wilson's way or NO WAY!

:177692: Easy there friend ....... just making a simple observation.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Missing_Clink wrote:Wait, I thought we already decided that we were going to trade Flynn for Larry Fitzgerald...or was it Calvin Johnson?

No, I think it was trading Flynn for Tjack then trade Tjack and Kearse for Megatron and Suh.
    FargoHawk
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

• I'm pretty sure Jackson is a free agent, so you wouldn't need to trade anybody.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

• You want to trade Flynn straight up for Jackson?
    Aside from Flynn being a better QB than Jackson, and aside from Flynn being a better fit for Carroll's philosophy (doesn't turn the ball over on a regular basis), Flynn just doesn't have the arm that Buffalo wants. Jackson is a better scheme fit for them.
    Guardian
    NET Veteran

• What can tony G do that we didn't get out of Miller? We don't pass that much as it is.

TJ? Why? What did he do that was so impressive ? Throw 2:1 INTs to TDs?

I would go with another rookie I like the kid out of Oklahoma if I could get him

Matt Moore in Miami would have a closer skill set to Wilson that Flynn
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran

• NOPE. TJ....No, No, No.....Gonzalez?....NO, we could use a WR that gets seperation.

I just don't get the trading Flynn thing. Money?

No. We have to maintain a decent option at backup QB, and Jackson is not that.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• We don't bring in old dudes to this team.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• Guardian wrote:You want to trade Flynn straight up for Jackson?
    Aside from Flynn being a better QB than Jackson, and aside from Flynn being a better fit for Carroll's philosophy (doesn't turn the ball over on a regular basis), Flynn just doesn't have the arm that Buffalo wants. Jackson is a better scheme fit for them.

Then why is TJ having such a hard time hanging on to their third QB spot? I never said a straight up trade. TJ is mobile but he would never see the field unless we are up three TD's in the last five mins. He would only be a clipboard jockey. I don't know if Buffalo would need Flynn or if he would be a good fit for them. They gave up Lynch so I don't believe they are the brightest bulbs on the tree. They DID take Jackson.
    HUGGY
    *NET Poop Holster*

• Happypuppy wrote:What can tony G do that we didn't get out of Miller? We don't pass that much as it is.

TJ? Why? What did he do that was so impressive ? Throw 2:1 INTs to TDs?

I would go with another rookie I like the kid out of Oklahoma if I could get him

Matt Moore in Miami would have a closer skill set to Wilson that Flynn

Look.... All this whining about defense is stupid. We have the lowest scored upon defense in the NFL.

What we do not have is the highest scoring offense. Tony is clutch. Tony is an animal in te redzone. Tony will catch a football in the first quarter as well as the last most desperate 30 seconds we could get ourselves into.
    HUGGY
    *NET Poop Holster*

• Dude, we don't need Tony. Didn't need him last year and don't this year either.

We lack a true speed WR, is that hard to comprehend?

We also need help rushing the passer, which our coaching staff has said is a priority.

It isn't rocket science, and we definitely do not need to bring retreads into the fold. This is about winning a championship.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• This thread should have been labeled "Why I want Tony G to come here." Would have save time and aggravation.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• Largent80 wrote:Dude, we don't need Tony. Didn't need him last year and don't this year either.

We lack a true speed WR, is that hard to comprehend?

We also need help rushing the passer, which our coaching staff has said is a priority.

It isn't rocket science, and we definitely do not need to bring retreads into the fold. This is about winning a championship.

I dissagree "Dude". We need a quick kick start to our offense with short passes ...until the defenses show their hands on the long stuff. Miller isn't enough. He's great but two like him would be better in the first two quarters. Sometimes we just can't get Lynch a hole in the early going. This is just an option not yet explored.

Must I repeat..we led the league in defense scoring. That was with the "rushers" we already have.

We need to score more points in the first halves of games.
    HUGGY
    *NET Poop Holster*

• Happybelly wrote:
    HUGGY wrote:
    JonRud wrote:Since what the fans think obviously means the organization feels the same way.

The OP isn't being rational at all. Gonzalez has given no indication that he wants to change teams, only that he's done playing football. If Gonzalez were to come back I figure he would go back to Atlanta, to say he has a better chance of winning a ring here when they just beat us in the playoffs is silly.

I'm not saying that I think Atlanta is closer to a super bowl then we are but from his perspective, with Matt Ryan and two better WR's than we have, I doubt he feels like he can't win a ring in Atlanta.
    WestcoastSteve
    NET Veteran

• HUGGY wrote:
    v1rotv2 wrote:Stop with the Jackson love. We have seen his limitations and they are many and can't be overcome with a strong arm and guts. We have moved on.

I'm just exploring getting his cap money back. There is no "Love" for TJ. If anything annymosity. I never want to see him in a Seahawk uniform again..

There is NO ONE! What he does is so unique that what "reality" we really have to adjust to is that all our eggs are in Wilson's basket.

Every time somebody posts about a backup to replace Flynn somebody always brings up Jackson. How about this. Bring in a talented young guy that can develop? I'm not talking a QB that is on par with RW, that's just too much to wish for, but a guy that if, while holding down the backup spot, can develop good enough to get us something in return down the road. You'll never have that with Jackson.
    " Living on Earth isn't cheap, but it does include a yearly free trip around the sun."
    v1rotv2
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• Really :1:
    garydrake425
    NET Veteran

• v1rotv2 wrote:
    HUGGY wrote:
    v1rotv2 wrote:Stop with the Jackson love. We have seen his limitations and they are many and can't be overcome with a strong arm and guts. We have moved on.

Every time somebody posts about a backup to replace Flynn somebody always brings up Jackson. How about this. Bring in a talented young guy that can develop? I'm not talking a QB that is on par with RW, that's just too much to wish for, but a guy that if, while holding down the backup spot, can develop good enough to get us something in return down the road. You'll never have that with Jackson.

That is absolutely an option. Most teams approach their backup as either a vet who can go .500 while your starter is out, or a developmental guy (assuming you only keep two).
    I think many fans wishing that this offseason is more about bringing in contributors rather than developmental guys.

Did you have a QB in mind that you would like to target?
    Give me some damn skittles...
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

• Basis4day wrote:
    v1rotv2 wrote:
    HUGGY wrote:[quote="v1rotv2"]Stop with the Jackson love. We have seen his limitations and they are many and can't be overcome with a strong arm and guts. We have moved on.

Did you have a QB in mind that you would like to target?

My choice is Matt Moore at Miami. Cap friendly started the last year of a 2 yr 5 mil deal last year, Out of Oregon State and a youngish vet at 28. Moves well and I think would be a good fit.
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran

• You're all just a buncha YO-YO's! OP is HELLA smart! He has it all figured out! All we need to do to win it all is sign Tony Gonzalles! Couple that with MY genius plan to go back in time and kidnap a 25 year old Warren Sapp to play 3-tech DT and train a donkey to kick field goals, we'll be unstopable! UNSTOPABLE!!!

#Championship

Y'all just a buncha YO-YO haters...
    So you're admitting I'm a celeb...
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• Dang. We could have just saved a lot of time and money by hanging on to T-Jack and not signing Flynn. I had no idea that they were equal value.
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

• HawkFan72 wrote:Dang. We could have just saved a lot of time and money by hanging on to T-Jack and not signing Flynn. I had no idea that they were equal value.

Because we all knew that the 3rd Rd 5'11 QB was going to break out?

Follow the timeline:

1. Flynn Signed
    2. Russell Drafted
    3. QB Competition
    4. Tjack traded BEFORE the season even started.

Hind-site is 20/20.

No one is saying Tjack is the starter, but he is a good value as a backup coupled with the money invested in Flynn when we are going to need to save our bucks to sign our other underpaid breakout players.
    Give me some damn skittles...
    Basis4day
    NET Veteran

• Basis4day wrote:
    HawkFan72 wrote:Dang. We could have just saved a lot of time and money by hanging on to T-Jack and not signing Flynn. I had no idea that they were equal value.

Because we all knew that the 3rd Rd 5'11 QB was going to break out?

Follow the timeline:

1. Flynn Signed
    2. Russell Drafted
    3. QB Competition
    4. Tjack traded BEFORE the season even started.

Hind-site is 20/20.

No one is saying Tjack is the starter, but he is a good value as a backup coupled with the money invested in Flynn when we are going to need to save our bucks to sign our other underpaid breakout players.

Sorry, I should have added that I was being sarcastic. I do think T-Jack is a solid backup and would love to have him back. But if money was not an issue I would rather have Flynn.
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

• No offense, but when has TJack ever won a big game?
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• I'd give Gonzalez about a 3% chance of ever being a Seahawk, but if he went back to Atlanta thinking they have a chance, he'd be making a mistake. They are a team with a great passing offense and nothing else, and their 13-3 season came with one of the easiest SoS of any team in the NFL.

New Orleans isn't going to be 7-9 next season. Tampa will probably continue improving. Carolina finally looked like the hyped preseason pick in the second half of the season when both Newton and the Panthers defense went on a tear. The NFC South could rival the NFC West and NFC North as the toughest division in the NFL next year.

If Atlanta does make it back in the playoffs, it is very unlikely it will be with another 13-3 record. Especially since they had a completely unsustainable record in close games last year.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:18 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information