Vegas odds for 2014 Super Bowl

RedAlice

Reaction score
You are number 6. I would place the Rams higher, of course. :)

Going to be a fun season next year...

Vegas odds:

Patriots — 6-to-1

49ers — 7-to-1

Broncos — 8-to-1

Packers — 10-to-1

Texans — 10-to-1

Seahawks — 12-to-1

Steelers — 14-to-1

Ravens — 14-to-1

Falcons — 16-to-1

Saints — 16-to-1

Giants — 20-to-1

Redskins — 30-to-1

Bears — 30-to-1

Bengals — 30-to-1

Cowboys — 30-to-1

Chargers — 40-to-1

Lions — 40-to-1

Vikings — 40-to-1

Colts — 40-to-1

Panthers — 50-to-1

Jets — 50-to-1

Eagles — 50-to-1

Dolphins — 50-to-1

Rams — 50-to-1

Browns — 50-to-1

Chiefs — 50-to-1

Buccaneers — 60-to-1

Titans — 100-to-1

Bills — 100-to-1

Cardinals — 100-to-1

Raiders — 150-to-1

Jaguars —150-to-1

Link:
http://www.lasvegassun.com/blogs/talkin ... uper-bowl/

Pstark3

Reaction score
Honestly i'd think about putting like 5 or 10$ on the cardinals. it's clear they have what it takes, just gotta put those pieces together. not that i ever would though lol

OP
OP
RedAlice

RedAlice

Reaction score
I like to put $50 on the Rams if I happen to be in Vegas before the season starts. 3 times now.

I will probably up it this year.

garydrake425

Reaction score
I seen 10 to 1 for us and the ravens next year on NFL All Access. There was a few others too but can't remember exactly what there odds were.

hawker84

Reaction score
well according to that braintrust at NFL Network (Brian "broken Pinky" Balldinger), nobody has a chance in the NFC because the niners are the clear cut favorites to make it back.... said they're bringing back pretty much everyone, and nobody's going to be able to stop that offense now the Coppernuts is going to have all off season to work out..

guess we should just pack it in and hope for 2014.. i guess he didn't watch the SB... because he failed to mention they might want to add a few pieces to their defense, seeing how it was the defense that lost them that game.. hopefully the niners listened to him and don't fiddle with the defense and keep putting the same crappy secondary out there next season.

nategreat

Reaction score
Pstark3":1t77xcpo said:
Honestly i'd think about putting like 5 or 10$ on the cardinals. it's clear they have what it takes, just gotta put those pieces together. not that i ever would though lol

I was thinking the same thing, actually, so you are not alone.... all about the value, and there is definite value in that bet, without being too unreasonable.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
hawker84":2u8c1dq2 said:
well according to that braintrust at NFL Network (Brian "broken Pinky" Balldinger), nobody has a chance in the NFC because the niners are the clear cut favorites to make it back.... said they're bringing back pretty much everyone, and nobody's going to be able to stop that offense now the Coppernuts is going to have all off season to work out..

guess we should just pack it in and hope for 2014.. i guess he didn't watch the SB... because he failed to mention they might want to add a few pieces to their defense, seeing how it was the defense that lost them that game.. hopefully the niners listened to him and don't fiddle with the defense and keep putting the same crappy secondary out there next season.

I honestly think its funny when analysts make statements like this. There are obviously teams that will be more competitive next year. While obviously the Niners will make the needed adjustments required on both offense and defense and special teams to get back to the SB next year, it is stupid to assume that nobody else has a chance.

Greg Roman has already stated that our offense won't look the same next year which of course will help to remain unpredictable, but every other team will also make adjustments in order to help their team get to the big game as well.

Obviously the Niners aren't going to over look anybody on their schedule next year, and nobody is going to overlook us.

chris98251

Reaction score
Hmm nobody is talking about Super Bowl hangover. It's real and it's nasty. We'll see how a team that has not been that deep returns after a short off season and we know injuries that need fixen and a short time to recover.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
chris98251":3n38jvsr said:
Hmm nobody is talking about Super Bowl hangover. It's real and it's nasty. We'll see how a team that has not been that deep returns after a short off season and we know injuries that need fixen and a short time to recover.

Pretty sure the effect of "Superbowl hangover" only applies to the winner, as the team that lost has nothing to be "hungover" about. In fact it is common knowledge that the team that doesn't win usually is fired up and motivated to work harder and get back to the big game after the loss. Pretty sure most of your fans on here know that as before the Superbowl I recall quite a few hoping for us to win so that we could possibly fall victim to such effect. We made it to the NFC Championship last year, and as you witnessed we recovered just fine.

Another benefit we will have is that most of our players who are now experienced in making deep playoff runs will be back next year, so if they do make another deep run for the 3rd season in a row they won't be as distracted by the lime light. The whole "been there done that" will come into play, and they will be able to focus more on the task at hand and less on the distractions.

Not sure that you can call it a short offseason either. It's not like we are just talking about a bye week here.

chris98251

Reaction score
I guess we will see, the time off to rest and heal is important, without that players can be more prone to get injuries after a long season. Why it's so tough to win anything back to back even a division if the competition is tough and the team returning isn't head and shoulders above the rest of the league. Your 49ers were just that, as were the 70's Steelers. We know the Patriots were hardly challanged by anyone other then the Ravens and Steelers. That dominance can get you back in more routinely. Just our division is brutal, throw in the rest of the NFC as we seen this year not a whole lot of seperation just enough at this point.

Short off season, each week you go farther into the playoffs is less time to heal and have recovery time for your body from the season, injuries and surgerys etc. Players have those extra weeks to rehab etc and come in and are able to practice sooner.

It makes difference. Your talking almost 2 months longer of the season for the teams that played all the way to the Super Bowl. 8 weeks is a lot of time.

seahawksflow

Reaction score
chris98251":2dvh056o said:
I guess we will see, the time off to rest and heal is important, without that players can be more prone to get injuries after a long season. Why it's so tough to win anything back to back even a division if the competition is tough and the team returning isn't head and shoulders above the rest of the league. Your 49ers were just that, as were the 70's Steelers. We know the Patriots were hardly challanged by anyone other then the Ravens and Steelers. That dominance can get you back in more routinely.

Are you saying the 49ers had no true challenges because their division? Therefore, that is why they were so dominant in the 80's?

During the 49ers dominance of the 80s' the NFC West provided two playoff teams 8 out of 10 years.... The NFC West had two playoff teams 3 out 4 years the 49ers won the Super Bowl in the 80's

During the decade where the Hawks had their only Super Bowl appearance ever and their division dominance... the NFC West had two playoff teams only 4 years out of 10. The NFC West also did not have two playoff teams the year the hawks went to the Super Bowl or any year there after (during that decade). Where is the challenge in that?

NinerLifer

Reaction score
chris98251":1az6ue21 said:
I guess we will see, the time off to rest and heal is important, without that players can be more prone to get injuries after a long season. Why it's so tough to win anything back to back even a division if the competition is tough and the team returning isn't head and shoulders above the rest of the league. Your 49ers were just that, as were the 70's Steelers. We know the Patriots were hardly challanged by anyone other then the Ravens and Steelers. That dominance can get you back in more routinely. Just our division is brutal, throw in the rest of the NFC as we seen this year not a whole lot of seperation just enough at this point.

Short off season, each week you go farther into the playoffs is less time to heal and have recovery time for your body from the season, injuries and surgerys etc. Players have those extra weeks to rehab etc and come in and are able to practice sooner.

It makes difference. Your talking almost 2 months longer of the season for the teams that played all the way to the Super Bowl. 8 weeks is a lot of time.

While you raise valid points, you also seem to be reaching a bit. Since you guys made it to the divisional round, that means that you only have 3 weeks less than us to heal up and therefore are victims of this "short offseason" you speak of. Are you concerned about your teams ability to recover as well, not in order to just compete against us but the rest of the teams on your schedule that didn't actually get past week 17?

The only recovery the Niners need to be concerned with is that of Justin Smith's surgery. However his injury wasn't too bad to keep him from participating in the playoffs and SB, but was obviously limited. To put the recovery time into perspective, Ray Lewis suffered the same injury in the beginning of last season, had surgery to repair it, and returned during the same season. Justin underwent surgery days after the Superbowl and his recovery is expected to last 3 months and be fully recovered before OTA's.

Who was the player of yours that suffered the injury against the Redskins and was out against the Falcons? How is his recovery going along?

chris98251

Reaction score
Clemons is the player, and his recovery is a question mark and we talk about it especially due to him being one of the older players on the team. I am not ignoring our factor in this either. Generally speaking all those things and what I have not said is the emotional drain of being there and losing or winning also is a toll taker. Depending on the teams mentality. Losing and being pissed and getting back to finish business is always the mantra spoken. Being able to mentally push yourself again so soon is tough for some players.

chris98251

Reaction score
seahawksflow":3bi8wm39 said:
chris98251":3bi8wm39 said:
I guess we will see, the time off to rest and heal is important, without that players can be more prone to get injuries after a long season. Why it's so tough to win anything back to back even a division if the competition is tough and the team returning isn't head and shoulders above the rest of the league. Your 49ers were just that, as were the 70's Steelers. We know the Patriots were hardly challanged by anyone other then the Ravens and Steelers. That dominance can get you back in more routinely.

Are you saying the 49ers had no true challenges because their division? Therefore, that is why they were so dominant in the 80's?

During the 49ers dominance of the 80s' the NFC West provided two playoff teams 8 out of 10 years.... The NFC West had two playoff teams 3 out 4 years the 49ers won the Super Bowl in the 80's

During the decade where the Hawks had their only Super Bowl appearance ever and their division dominance... the NFC West had two playoff teams only 4 years out of 10. The NFC West also did not have two playoff teams the year the hawks went to the Super Bowl or any year there after (during that decade). Where is the challenge in that?

The 49ers had no challanges in the division to speak of, Carolina came along late, Saints sucked ass, Atlanta was a joke, Rams were hot and cold at best and it was pride that made some of those games interesting. Outside the division the Cowboys and Redskins and Giants were the competition. In my view the NFC west was a cake walk compared to the battle in the NFC East every season. It is a lot like we have now only reversed. West is going to beat up each other while the East is looking for someone to take charge and run with it now.