Percy Harvin

THUGCAPS

Reaction score
Apparently the Vikings are trying to trade him. Would you like him on the team? And what would we have to give up to get him?

He has an injury problem, but it could've been because of his workload in Minnesota. I think he could replace Leon in the return game and play as our #2 receiver.

travlinhawk

Reaction score
I know Pete was really talking him up (more than usual) before we played them this year.

hawker84

Reaction score
other than the injury prone problems, i would love to have him here, he's a threat to break one any time anywhere on the field... would definitely be an upgrade...

skater18000

Reaction score
New wr depth chart

1. Rice ( needs to have the most catches on the team)

2. Tate (still a beast)

3. Percy Harvin/ RB 3

4. Doug Baldwin ( no downer on him, but he is most successful against a matchup and he gets better matchups as he slides down the depth chart)

5. Obamanu vs. Deon Butler in camp again

6. If we keep 6 receivers, than you could put a late draft pick in their, or Jermaine Kearse as a wild card.

To Obtain Percy Harvin:

Seattle Receives:

Percy Harvin

And

6th round pick

Minnesota Receives:

3rd round Pick

And

4th Round Pick

Is it worth it? TBD, but I think the price is right. So lets do it JS/PC.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
THUGCAPS":3nm9v9j0 said:
Apparently the Vikings are trying to trade him. Would you like him on the team? And what would we have to give up to get him?

He has an injury problem, but it could've been because of his workload in Minnesota. I think he could replace Leon in the return game and play as our #2 receiver.

Tell me why you think it necessary to replace Leon again?

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
So, they're trying to dump their best WR/Return Man...

Seems fishy to me.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":1kewhewj said:
So, they're trying to dump their best WR/Return Man...

Seems fishy to me.

Nothing fishy... Percy was public (in a game... against Seattle) in his disdain for Christian Ponder. When he got hurt (in that game) he basically left the team. He went on IR, never showed up to any team events, including the playoffs.

He doesnt want to be there

JesterHawk

Reaction score
I'd take him in a heartbeat...depending on the price. He's also going to want big money. He would transform our offense though. I think a player like Harvin would put us into the elite category.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Harvin would be awesome, but I struggle to see our OC getting him a lot of touches. Which would be good for Harvin's health, but bad for his must get touches demeanor.

HawkFanNC

Reaction score
The guy is injury prone, headache prone, and a major pain in the ass. Harvin has been a trouble making diva since his days at Florida. I'd rather see what JS can do with the second round pick.

Reggie Dunlop

Reaction score
I'm pretty surprised by all the negative reactions on here. To land someone like Percy Harvin for a second round pick would an absolute steal. Clearly there are some cons associated with him, otherwise Minnesota would not have him on the trade block, but there are some very obvious pros to go along with those. Here's my breakdown on him:

1) Injury History - While he has had some minor injury problems, it's been drastically overblown here on how unreliable he is. Regarding migrains, those have been under control for well over a year. The last time he missed a gave due to a migraine was back in 2010 (He missed 2 in 2010, and 1 in 2009, and played all 16 games in 2011 - Compare that to Sidney Rice...).

From a physical standpoint the first time he missed a game due to a football injury was this year, thanks to the Seahawks tackling him and injuring his ankle. His injury history has been way overblown here. He's one tough football player.

2) Contract/Attitude - Of course he's looking to get paid. That was the whole problem in Minnesota to begin with. The Seahawks are more than $15 million under the cap next year. Add on the added space we'd get once we lose Flynn, and we have more than enough room to sign him long term without significantly impeding our team growth.

Despite his runins with Leslie Frazier, Harvin remained relatively quiet in the media over the last few years. There have been a few exceptions well documented here. I believe Pete's style and Seattle's team dynamic is a much better environment than Minnesota.

3) The compensation - To land Harvin, Seattle would be looking to give up our 2nd rounder and our 4th rounder. Given JS and PC's drafting history in the middle rounds, I understand why some people may value the picks higher, but the team is in a great position, with great depth, to absorb the cost. Honestly, I believe Seattle is in a prime position to make a run at a game changing type of player who could help the team immediately jump to that next level. Harvin is still just 24 years old too, and was the 22nd overall selection in 2009. Would you give a 2nd and a 4th to get a 1st? Based on the current roster, I believe it's worth trading two unknowns for one very well known commodity.

You could argue that there are only so many holes to fill on our roster thanks to the last few years drafting. Who knows what we might hit in the 2nd/4th rounds, but how much starting time would even be available to them?

4. What he would add to Seattle - This is what I see:

He's currently 24 years old, is available for a fair asking price, and is one of the most electrifying players in the league. He can play the slot, outside, or in the backfield. He is also quite amazing at returning punts and kickoffs (Nothing against Leon Washington, but he is 31 this year, and likely won't be resigned following 2014 when his contract expires at age 33).

He had 87 receptions in 2011, and was on pace for 110 this year before going down. He was leading the league in receptions at the time of his injury and I believe was top 5 in yards.

He was drafted by Minnesota with Bevell as the team's OC. Clearly he had some say in the decision to draft Harvin, so I don't believe for a second what others have said about Bevell not knowing how to use him in our offense. Rice could also potentially vouch for Harvin's attitude, as they were teammates in 2009/2010.

He is a game changer. A player of his speed, strength, shiftiness and improvisation only comes around so often. There are people here posting that we need this exact type of WR to pair with Wilson. One is clearly available. The two could be quite the pair.

I honestly don't think I'm doing that great of a job arguing for him here, but if I was a GM, I'd jump at the chance to acquire him for the current price tag. He could be the missing piece on offense.

OP
OP
THUGCAPS

THUGCAPS

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":314iakt4 said:
THUGCAPS":314iakt4 said:

Leon is still a great returner (I think he's got maybe one more good season left), but he doesn't do much else and he's gonna be 31 next season. Harvin is younger, faster, stronger, and definitely plays better RB than Leon (putting him in the option with RW would be a nightmare for opposing teams). Harvin is so versatile, and Leon is strictly a return man.

AnchoviesofTerror

Reaction score
This offseason is looking really really good on WRs in the FA/draft. i would love to have harvin on the team but honestly i see pcjs picking up 2 or 3 WRs noones really lookin at. i think would rather have wallace unless harvin would be come considerably cheaper, which i dont see happening

djb28

Reaction score
We should take Ginn Jr. He would fit nicely in our scheme.

garydrake425

Reaction score
I wouldn't be upset about it that's for sure. Wilson, Rice, Tate, Harvin, Miller, Lynch, M.Rob, you excited yet. Im excited to see what's gonna be on the field next year. Let's Go Hawks!!!

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
THUGCAPS":2lwd90bz said:
Tech Worlds":2lwd90bz said:
THUGCAPS":2lwd90bz said:

Leon is still a great returner (I think he's got maybe one more good season left), but he doesn't do much else and he's gonna be 31 next season. Harvin is younger, faster, stronger, and definitely plays better RB than Leon (putting him in the option with RW would be a nightmare for opposing teams). Harvin is so versatile, and Leon is strictly a return man.

No he isn't. We simply don't use him in any other capacity.

In the open field Leon is a huge weapon. Why he isn't being worked into the offense is beyond me.