Anyone still want Vince Young here?

chris98251

Reaction score
Vince as much as I think is a head case has to be humbled by now, he would be a no cost high yield pick up now, fit perfect in the offense. If he went Braylon Edwards on us cutting him would cost us nothing. Flier on him now that we have Wilson in control and there would be no controversy.

pehawk

Reaction score
I believe he's 34-17 as a starter in the NFL. Dude's a headcase, but not in a criminal way, IIRC. Low cost high value is how I've always seen him.

And, if it keeps him from Arizona, that'd be even better. Kurt Warner was a turnover machine with the Cardinals, which VY would also be, but with Fitz that doesn't matter as much as "can you sling it?".

pehawk

Reaction score
Actually it took FTW too long. I suggested it one time, as a cheap upside guy, during the Whitehurst era. FTW has held on to that opinion similar to the fetuses he illegally unearths from Planned Parenthood’s dumpster.

I never heard he was the cancer in the lockerroom type. Just a self-harm dude. Not even close to a Braylon or TO. He's cheap, if motivated can play, and can run similar things Wilson can. No harm in bringing him in.

chris98251

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":xp4gglwy said:
pehawk":xp4gglwy said:
I believe he's 34-17 as a starter in the NFL. Dude's a headcase, but not in a criminal way, IIRC. Low cost high value is how I've always seen him.

And, if it keeps him from Arizona, that'd be even better. Kurt Warner was a turnover machine with the Cardinals, which VY would also be, but with Fitz that doesn't matter as much as "can you sling it?".

Took you long enough to notice this thread. You just can't keep away from Vince Young-related threads, can you?

He's not worth having around the locker room, IMO.

I see Harvin as more cancer then Young at this point.

pehawk

Reaction score
FTW carries it around in his pocket to run errands, go out to dinner, etc. If someone curses he'll pull out the fetus and yell "hey, watch your language around my kid". Or, he'll just rock in his chair and pet the slimy lil thing while Enya plays through his Pandora.

He's pretty creepy.

Jville

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1tt752j8 said:
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
A former financial adviser testified that Vince Young took out a loan to throw himself a $300,000 birthday party http://wp.me/p14QSB-7hp5

Wow.

His sense of entitlement is certainly intact. Needs of the one ..... me me me ..... all that stuff. :roll:

Scottemojo

Reaction score
pehawk":1dztveg7 said:

And I thought my Rex Grossman plan was dumb.
If the Cardinals signed this putz I would be so damn happy. 34-17 on a team that featured a top 5 D, a often good run game, and a coach who I think is worth 2 wins a year just on outsmarting the other coach (see the 19-13 game we lost in St Louis).

VY was an albatross in Philly as a backup, and that is damn hard to do.

pehawk

Reaction score
I dont want anyone with talent near Arians or Fitzgerald. Especially someone who can throw the ball Uncle Rico style, over the mountains.

mikeak

Reaction score
Can he run the option play efficiently? Yes
Can he throw the ball? Yes
Is he a better backup than Grossman, Skelton, any qb on the Jets roster? Yes

I would take him

I don't know about his locker room issues if they were there but the dude is BROKE. He needs the job and the money he will work hard to stay on teams and if he doesn't fit you kick him out. Even if he is a bad fit you can have a few of those around if the rest of the team is strong enough. The issue is when you have to many of them......

chris98251

Reaction score
He didn't stick in Buffalo but there was no cancer inceidents that I remember either, and he had Fitzpatrick there starting.

Rat

Reaction score
I wouldn't be opposed to it. He has some mental issues, but I think he has more talent than he's given credit for. I have a hard time believing there are 90+ QBs in the NFL who are better than he is.

My primary concern with Vince, however, is that the Bills felt that Tarvaris Jackson made Young expendable.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Given what he has done (or better, not done) since his rookie season, why would anyone in their right mind want Vince Young to be a QB on their team... and that is not a question.

Not only NO... but HELL NO.

The Hawks are SO much better than that.

Pls stop with these ridiculous ideas. We're better than that!!

mikeak

Reaction score
nobody wants him as a starter but if you want to save the money on getting rid of Flynn then a cheap backup that can SOMEWHAT play in the same system for a quarter or even a few games if needed makes PERFECT SENSE.

Provide a more appropriate backup that comes in at about $1million.....

Latest posts