Knox career is over following Seahawks/Bears 2011 game

OP
OP
loafoftatupu

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
It was disturbing. Was it Hargrove that made the hit? It wasn't intentional, it was like he was going for the tackle and while in the air, Knox changed position and set himself up for the bad contact. It was one of the scarier things I have seen in an actual game.

D'oh! I should have just watched the video.. OUCH!! man, that looks so bad on that last shot.

drdiags

Reaction score
Yep, Hargrove was going for the fumble recovery and just bent Knox backwards. Sounds like Knox has given it up

Pro Football Weekly ‏@ProFootballWkly

RT @seankjensen: Former #Bears WR Johnny Knox tells @Suntimes he's finished with football. "I’m moving on and going forward."

Here is link to the Jensen story

Throwdown

Reaction score
I doubt Knox will try ever again, that injury was GRUESOME!

I seriously thought that the injury could've been life threatening with my initial reaction to it, thankfully he's good and can live a full life with no real limitations aside from being able to play football again. But man, that was a nasty play.

djTOY2000

Reaction score
i still get a sick feeling in my stomach thinking of that play... i will NOT watch a replay of it as it has already been burned into my memory. I am glad he can sustain a quality of life that allows him to be normal, because that was horrific

OP
OP
loafoftatupu

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I was relieved when I saw him moving his arms in that he had SOME movement and feeling. Just a freak accident and overall scary moment.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
Gruesome injury. I am with Loaf, was glad to see him move anything.

I think the worst injury I remember was Napoleon McCallum, never thought that guy would walk again.

Latest posts