Hey JSeahawks, the reunion is beginning.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Yea, i saw that. It will be interesting to see how it goes. He might just be going in as a 3rd stringer to help teach the offense. Hopefully he gets a real shot at it.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I heard that news and I laughed.

Partly because I predicted it, albeit sarcastically, when Kelly was hired.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I remember how worried I was that Pete was going to make Seattle a USC reunion. If Kelly continues this trend, it will blow up in his face.

pehawk

Reaction score
I'm actually hoping Vick's the last high-priced QB for awhile; and Kelly goes 3-knuckles in with his offense. Sign 4 Dixon types and run the offense he normally would, with no regard to protecting them. Man would that be cool to see.

Seaman

Reaction score
pehawk":lxi2mxp6 said:
I'm actually hoping Vick's the last high-priced QB for awhile; and Kelly goes 3-knuckles in with his offense. Sign 4 Dixon types and run the offense he normally would, with no regard to protecting them. Man would that be cool to see.

Wouldn't that be taking a page out of Shanahan's book? And I don't mean for how he's played RGIII... I'm talking back in the Terrell Davis days!

pehawk

Reaction score
Seaman":gp7fqlsb said:
pehawk":gp7fqlsb said:

Wouldn't that be taking a page out of Shanahan's book? And I don't mean for how he's played RGIII... I'm talking back in the Terrell Davis days!

I don't see the correlation, really?

But, I think QB's are big and athletic enough to care for themselves in this offense. Vick got beat down, a lot last year, but he had absolutely no offensive line, a coach who refused to provide running plays to protect him, and Vick rightfully tried to do everything. Kelly's offense protects the QB by running from that position and remembering what running backs do.

I'm not an Eagles fan, but I'm an NFL fan. As the latter, I want to see a pure spread once and for all. Its time to see if it works. I'm hoping Kelly remains true, and bucks conventional wisdom. Conventional wisdom got RW picked at 75, its not fullproof.

Seaman

Reaction score
Maybe the example I stated doesn't really have a direct correlation...
I just remember Shanahan running all his 'backs into the ground, and when they would inevitably get injured, he would just throw the "next man up" into the fire. He caught some heat for overrunning Davis (his 2000 yard rushing year), and finding a new pony when the miles started to really pile up. Listening to ESPN radio in the wee hours of the night can confuse a guy, though... Maybe the flak wasn't all directed at Shanahan's system as I thought... Who knows...

pehawk

Reaction score
Ah, no, now I get the comparison.

I think a QB can protect himself more in Kelly's offense. Hopefully we get to see, soon.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Maybe he will trade for Locker as well, and for good measure throw in Tebow. That way if the other 3 go down, you know Timmy will never get injured.

Hamhawk

Reaction score
I'm not really much of a Kelly fan,...just because of the Oregon connection,...but I'm beginning to really get interested in how he does in the NFL, and if his ideas will translate well in this league,...I do wish him well,...