niners 2013 prediction

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
niners 2013 prediction
Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:04 am
  • this is what the niner fans predict will be the outcome of next season... apparently neither of us are losing any key players, both teams will be gaining key players via draft and FA, however SF will flourish and SEA will sink back into the abyss?

Hello everyone! This will be my first attempt at starting a thread. My goal is here is to get everyone's opinion as to the final regular season records for all 4 NFC West teams. Do the Seahawks match their performance of 2012? Are the Cardinals as bad as they looked? Do the Rams improve or implode? Are the 49ers a lock to 3-peat as division champs? You tell me .....

This is strictly a W.A.G. on my part - nothing more than fun speculation. I personally believe the only team to have a winning record in the division will be the 49ers.

1.San Francisco 12-4
    2.Seattle 7-9
    3.St. Louis 6-10
    4.Arizona 3-13

this brilliant conclusion is based on the fact the RW is only 5'10", he can't possibly have a successful sohpomore comapaign becasue defenses will figure out how to contain him and make him play from within the pocket where his height will be a disadvantage.. Also noted, our tough road schedule will be our undoing as well...

So looks like the ride's over, fun while it lasted.. maybe we can get us a 6'4" pocket QB in this draft if we're not too late...
    Last edited by hawker84 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Re: niners 2013 prediction
Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:11 am
  • Dude is a homer, starting a thread on his team's forum and not wanting to be controversial. Of course he is going to make his team look good and the others look like trash. Not unlike posts you will see here. I would never know these things, like the 9ers fan who thinks Wilson is a douche if our advance scouts didn't bring the info back to the hive.

Good for him that he feels secure in his team's outcome and no respect for anyone else in the division. Will be a long time before any of this will get proven and by then his declaration or any counter arguments will be forgotten.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:15 am
  • I am more concerned about St Louis than 49ers. St Louis can be a really dangerous team and I am going to be watching their draft very closely.
    Richard Sherman to Skip Bayless: "I'm tired of your ignorant pollution!"

Follow me on twitter: @seahawks_fan12
    SeahawksFanForever
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:20 am
  • No way we go 7-9. It will be a close race between the 49ers and Seahawks. I just don't see us going downhill, we pretty much still have most of our important players on offense and defense; and RW has a year under his belt who has tons of potential. If we have another solid draft, we're set for sure.
    Decimation
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:24 am
  • hawker84 wrote:this is what the niner fans predict will be the outcome of next season... apparently neither of us are losing any key players, both teams will be gaining key players via draft and FA, however SF will flourish and SEA will sink back into the abyss?

Hello everyone! This will be my first attempt at starting a thread. My goal is here is to get everyone's opinion as to the final regular season records for all 4 NFC West teams. Do the Seahawks match their performance of 2012? Are the Cardinals as bad as they looked? Do the Rams improve or implode? Are the 49ers a lock to 3-peat as division champs? You tell me .....

This is strictly a W.A.G. on my part - nothing more than fun speculation. I personally believe the only team to have a winning record in the division will be the 49ers.

1.San Francisco 12-4
    2.Seattle 7-9
    3.St. Louis 6-10
    4.Arizona 3-13

this brilliant conclusion is based on the fact the RW is only 5'10", he can't possibly have a successful sohpomore comapagne becasue defenses will figure out how to contain him and make him play from within the pocket where his height will be a disadvantage.. Also noted, our tough road schedule will be our undoing as well...

So looks like the ride's over, fun while it lasted.. maybe we can get us a 6'4" pocket QB in this draft if we're not too late...

Who started this whole "Russell Wilson can't throw in the pocket" ridiculousness? Check out his stats in the pocket and in the middle of the field, where he's supposed to have difficulty. 22 out of 26 TD's.

And if RW will be figured out, who's to say Kaep wouldn't? RW seems to be the more poised, mature QB, so if anyone can overcome a gameplan against him, it would be Wilson. Not to mention, he's more accurate.
    Last edited by -The Glove- on Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:25 am
  • ya but he's only 5'10". and teams now have a year of film to figure him out. don't cha know.. LOL
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:25 am
  • hawker84 wrote:maybe we can get us a 6'4" pocket QB in this draft if we're not too late...

I probably shouldn't be letting this secret out, but Wilson was only our stop gap guy. See, Pete and John knew they could utilize him in the short term to make all the other GM's look at non conventional qb's, thus letting the perfect pocket passer drop into our laps in the later rounds of the draft. It's really quite ingenious when you think about it
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:28 am
  • kidhawk wrote:
    hawker84 wrote:maybe we can get us a 6'4" pocket QB in this draft if we're not too late...

I probably shouldn't be letting this secret out, but Wilson was only our stop gap guy. See, Pete and John knew they could utilize him in the short term to make all the other GM's look at non conventional qb's, thus letting the perfect pocket passer drop into our laps in the later rounds of the draft. It's really quite ingenious when you think about it

Well thank god they had a back up plan , because RW is clearly not going to work out.
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:05 pm
  • Rofl @ us going 7-9. We went 7-9 with freaking T-Jack. They just want to keep their hopes of winning the division again alive, because deep down, they know they're not.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:21 pm
  • IMHO SF implodes under their D-bag coach and goes 9-7 at best. I expect the Rams to be a bigger threat than the whiners in the near future.
    42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS millennium.....deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:23 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Rofl @ us going 7-9. We went 7-9 with freaking T-Jack. They just want to keep their hopes of winning the division again alive, because deep down, they know they're not.

We did it with T-Jack and a modestly inferior team. I see 10 wins as a down year.
    Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000
    SmokinHawk
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:48 pm
  • SeahawksFanForever wrote:I am more concerned about St Louis than 49ers. St Louis can be a really dangerous team and I am going to be watching their draft very closely.

Agree with you completely.
    SeAhAwKeR4life
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:49 pm
  • SeAhAwKeR4life wrote:
    SeahawksFanForever wrote:I am more concerned about St Louis than 49ers. St Louis can be a really dangerous team and I am going to be watching their draft very closely.

Agree with you completely.

Make that +1. The SL D line is very good.
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:29 pm
  • What site did you get that off of?
    DISCLAIMER:

The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:35 pm
  • If I had to make a fun wag of a prediction this early I guess it would go like this:

1. Niners 12-4 (of course ;), and our tougher games are at home)
    2. Seattle 10-6 or 11-5 (Depends on how well opposing teams learn to contain RW)
    3. Rams 9-7 (Improving but not there yet)
    4. Cards 7-9 (Same as Rams with many more holes to fill)

Again, I don't like making predictions this early as it is really pointless since the draft and FA hasn't been ridden out yet to know how well each of our teams will address their weaknesses.
    DISCLAIMER:

The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.
    NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:38 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote:If I had to make a fun wag of a prediction this early I guess it would go like this:

2. Seattle 10-6 or 11-5 (Depends on how well opposing teams learn to contain RW)

Again, I don't like making predictions this early as it is really pointless since the draft and FA hasn't been ridden out yet to know how well each of our teams will address their weaknesses.

Why's it always Wilson will get figured out but not Kaep with you guys?
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:07 pm
  • -The Glove- wrote:
    NinerLifer wrote:If I had to make a fun wag of a prediction this early I guess it would go like this:

You're right, I have concerns that both of our QB's will be less effective this coming season due to their being more film on them and they aren't going to be surprising anybody.

I did see that the OP found this thread on 49ersWebzone. If there is anything that you guys choose to listen to me about, don't bother with Webzone. It is filled with immature teenage types with a few intelligent fans sprinkled in. Try 49ers.com if you are curious about what Niner fans are sayin'. It is the official site of the 49ers and has more rational intelligent fans that aren't afraid to recognize talent on other teams when it is deserved. There are a few regular Seahawk fans who post as well as Ravens and Cardinals fans as well as other teams. We don't trash 'em when they show up and are welcomed especially when they post respectably. Of course debates will erupt, but I don't remember the last time we had a legit troll problem.

I said it before and I will say it again, Webzone is most likely the source of most of the trolling you have experienced from Niner fans.
    DISCLAIMER:

NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:38 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote:
    -The Glove- wrote:
    NinerLifer wrote:If I had to make a fun wag of a prediction this early I guess it would go like this:

You're right, I have concerns that both of our QB's will be less effective this coming season due to their being more film on them and they aren't going to be surprising anybody.

I did see that the OP found this thread on 49ersWebzone. If there is anything that you guys choose to listen to me about, don't bother with Webzone. It is filled with immature teenage types with a few intelligent fans sprinkled in. Try 49ers.com if you are curious about what Niner fans are sayin'. It is the official site of the 49ers and has more rational intelligent fans that aren't afraid to recognize talent on other teams when it is deserved. There are a few regular Seahawk fans who post as well as Ravens and Cardinals fans as well as other teams. We don't trash 'em when they show up and are welcomed especially when they post respectably. Of course debates will erupt, but I don't remember the last time we had a legit troll problem.

I said it before and I will say it again, Webzone is most likely the source of most of the trolling you have experienced from Niner fans.

No offense, but I'm not curious about what Niners fans are saying. That's why I stick with .Net and NFL blogs if I need info. What good is it going to do to try to get insider info from Niners fans? I can find that stuff out with a simple Google search without the douchebaggery. What Niners fans say has no bearing on your team or the Seahawks so there's no point.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:41 pm
  • -The Glove- wrote:Why's it always Wilson will get figured out but not Kaep with you guys?

Kaepernick was a higher draft pick, and he's taller. Duh. Never mind that Wilson's already got some veteran moves like faking guys out by pointing behind them as he's scrambling to get them to pause, thinking there's a guy there; and that his hands (bigger than Kaepernick's) are so big, he has an excellent pump fake. Also, he just tries to take what's there when running, he doesn't risk himself. Kaepernick's no RG3 in terms of the reckless running, but he definitely is riskier than Wilson is. Frankly, every QB in the league is riskier at running the ball than Wilson is from what I can tell, so that might not particularly be much of a point against Kaep; but, regardless...
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:10 pm
  • -The Glove- wrote:No offense, but I'm not curious about what Niners fans are saying. That's why I stick with .Net and NFL blogs if I need info. What good is it going to do to try to get insider info from Niners fans? I can find that stuff out with a simple Google search without the douchebaggery. What Niners fans say has no bearing on your team or the Seahawks so there's no point.

I know not everybody is, but the OP obviously is as well as a few others I imagine. Just trying to be helpful. And it's not necessarily the opinions or small talk that interests me or draws me to this site or the others in our division. It is the likeliness of there being a thread created whenever a major story breaks for one of our teams like player signings or coach movement as well as injury updates. Going to a single site for each teams updates is a lot easier than Google IMHO.
    DISCLAIMER:

NinerLifer
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:10 pm
  • NinerLifer wrote:
    -The Glove- wrote:No offense, but I'm not curious about what Niners fans are saying. That's why I stick with .Net and NFL blogs if I need info. What good is it going to do to try to get insider info from Niners fans? I can find that stuff out with a simple Google search without the douchebaggery. What Niners fans say has no bearing on your team or the Seahawks so there's no point.

I know not everybody is, but the OP obviously is as well as a few others I imagine. Just trying to be helpful. And it's not necessarily the opinions or small talk that interests me or draws me to this site or the others in our division. It is the likeliness of there being a thread created whenever a major story breaks for one of our teams like player signings or coach movement as well as injury updates. Going to a single site for each teams updates is a lot easier than Google IMHO.

Go away, you have nothing to contribute that most of us want to know about..
    Your a 49er fan, you bore me and I'm sure you bore most of us. No one cares about what you think the 49ers will do, what the Hawks will do. We don't care about why you think were wrong or right, we just don't care .. this a Seahawk site and you should just leave.
    Bobblehead
    NET Rookie

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:27 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information