niners 2013 prediction

hawker84

Reaction score
this is what the niner fans predict will be the outcome of next season... apparently neither of us are losing any key players, both teams will be gaining key players via draft and FA, however SF will flourish and SEA will sink back into the abyss?

Hello everyone! This will be my first attempt at starting a thread. My goal is here is to get everyone's opinion as to the final regular season records for all 4 NFC West teams. Do the Seahawks match their performance of 2012? Are the Cardinals as bad as they looked? Do the Rams improve or implode? Are the 49ers a lock to 3-peat as division champs? You tell me .....

This is strictly a W.A.G. on my part - nothing more than fun speculation. I personally believe the only team to have a winning record in the division will be the 49ers.

1.San Francisco 12-4
2.Seattle 7-9
3.St. Louis 6-10
4.Arizona 3-13

this brilliant conclusion is based on the fact the RW is only 5'10", he can't possibly have a successful sohpomore comapaign becasue defenses will figure out how to contain him and make him play from within the pocket where his height will be a disadvantage.. Also noted, our tough road schedule will be our undoing as well...

So looks like the ride's over, fun while it lasted.. maybe we can get us a 6'4" pocket QB in this draft if we're not too late...

drdiags

Reaction score
Dude is a homer, starting a thread on his team's forum and not wanting to be controversial. Of course he is going to make his team look good and the others look like trash. Not unlike posts you will see here. I would never know these things, like the 9ers fan who thinks Wilson is a douche if our advance scouts didn't bring the info back to the hive.

Good for him that he feels secure in his team's outcome and no respect for anyone else in the division. Will be a long time before any of this will get proven and by then his declaration or any counter arguments will be forgotten.

Decimation

Reaction score
No way we go 7-9. It will be a close race between the 49ers and Seahawks. I just don't see us going downhill, we pretty much still have most of our important players on offense and defense; and RW has a year under his belt who has tons of potential. If we have another solid draft, we're set for sure.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
hawker84":wqlnlzv7 said:
this is what the niner fans predict will be the outcome of next season... apparently neither of us are losing any key players, both teams will be gaining key players via draft and FA, however SF will flourish and SEA will sink back into the abyss?

Hello everyone! This will be my first attempt at starting a thread. My goal is here is to get everyone's opinion as to the final regular season records for all 4 NFC West teams. Do the Seahawks match their performance of 2012? Are the Cardinals as bad as they looked? Do the Rams improve or implode? Are the 49ers a lock to 3-peat as division champs? You tell me .....

This is strictly a W.A.G. on my part - nothing more than fun speculation. I personally believe the only team to have a winning record in the division will be the 49ers.

1.San Francisco 12-4
2.Seattle 7-9
3.St. Louis 6-10
4.Arizona 3-13

this brilliant conclusion is based on the fact the RW is only 5'10", he can't possibly have a successful sohpomore comapagne becasue defenses will figure out how to contain him and make him play from within the pocket where his height will be a disadvantage.. Also noted, our tough road schedule will be our undoing as well...

So looks like the ride's over, fun while it lasted.. maybe we can get us a 6'4" pocket QB in this draft if we're not too late...
Who started this whole "Russell Wilson can't throw in the pocket" ridiculousness? Check out his stats in the pocket and in the middle of the field, where he's supposed to have difficulty. 22 out of 26 TD's.

And if RW will be figured out, who's to say Kaep wouldn't? RW seems to be the more poised, mature QB, so if anyone can overcome a gameplan against him, it would be Wilson. Not to mention, he's more accurate.

OP
OP
hawker84

hawker84

Reaction score
ya but he's only 5'10". and teams now have a year of film to figure him out. don't cha know.. LOL

kidhawk

Reaction score
hawker84":2nx53tx6 said:
maybe we can get us a 6'4" pocket QB in this draft if we're not too late...

I probably shouldn't be letting this secret out, but Wilson was only our stop gap guy. See, Pete and John knew they could utilize him in the short term to make all the other GM's look at non conventional qb's, thus letting the perfect pocket passer drop into our laps in the later rounds of the draft. It's really quite ingenious when you think about it

OP
OP
hawker84

hawker84

Reaction score
kidhawk":1iwmnhnu said:
hawker84":1iwmnhnu said:
maybe we can get us a 6'4" pocket QB in this draft if we're not too late...

I probably shouldn't be letting this secret out, but Wilson was only our stop gap guy. See, Pete and John knew they could utilize him in the short term to make all the other GM's look at non conventional qb's, thus letting the perfect pocket passer drop into our laps in the later rounds of the draft. It's really quite ingenious when you think about it

Well thank god they had a back up plan , because RW is clearly not going to work out.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Rofl @ us going 7-9. We went 7-9 with freaking T-Jack. They just want to keep their hopes of winning the division again alive, because deep down, they know they're not.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
IMHO SF implodes under their D-bag coach and goes 9-7 at best. I expect the Rams to be a bigger threat than the whiners in the near future.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":q3nlfw8c said:
Rofl @ us going 7-9. We went 7-9 with freaking T-Jack. They just want to keep their hopes of winning the division again alive, because deep down, they know they're not.

We did it with T-Jack and a modestly inferior team. I see 10 wins as a down year.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":30pvqf1i said:
I am more concerned about St Louis than 49ers. St Louis can be a really dangerous team and I am going to be watching their draft very closely.

Agree with you completely.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
SeAhAwKeR4life":1qzqkxre said:
SeahawksFanForever":1qzqkxre said:
I am more concerned about St Louis than 49ers. St Louis can be a really dangerous team and I am going to be watching their draft very closely.

Agree with you completely.
Make that +1. The SL D line is very good.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
If I had to make a fun wag of a prediction this early I guess it would go like this:

1. Niners 12-4 (of course ;), and our tougher games are at home)
2. Seattle 10-6 or 11-5 (Depends on how well opposing teams learn to contain RW)
3. Rams 9-7 (Improving but not there yet)
4. Cards 7-9 (Same as Rams with many more holes to fill)

Again, I don't like making predictions this early as it is really pointless since the draft and FA hasn't been ridden out yet to know how well each of our teams will address their weaknesses.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
NinerLifer":mot69ew4 said:
If I had to make a fun wag of a prediction this early I guess it would go like this:

2. Seattle 10-6 or 11-5 (Depends on how well opposing teams learn to contain RW)

Again, I don't like making predictions this early as it is really pointless since the draft and FA hasn't been ridden out yet to know how well each of our teams will address their weaknesses.
Why's it always Wilson will get figured out but not Kaep with you guys?

NinerLifer

Reaction score
-The Glove-":2cka16s3 said:
NinerLifer":2cka16s3 said:

You're right, I have concerns that both of our QB's will be less effective this coming season due to their being more film on them and they aren't going to be surprising anybody.

I did see that the OP found this thread on 49ersWebzone. If there is anything that you guys choose to listen to me about, don't bother with Webzone. It is filled with immature teenage types with a few intelligent fans sprinkled in. Try 49ers.com if you are curious about what Niner fans are sayin'. It is the official site of the 49ers and has more rational intelligent fans that aren't afraid to recognize talent on other teams when it is deserved. There are a few regular Seahawk fans who post as well as Ravens and Cardinals fans as well as other teams. We don't trash 'em when they show up and are welcomed especially when they post respectably. Of course debates will erupt, but I don't remember the last time we had a legit troll problem.

I said it before and I will say it again, Webzone is most likely the source of most of the trolling you have experienced from Niner fans.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
NinerLifer":21f3uhrd said:
-The Glove-":21f3uhrd said:
NinerLifer":21f3uhrd said:

You're right, I have concerns that both of our QB's will be less effective this coming season due to their being more film on them and they aren't going to be surprising anybody.

I did see that the OP found this thread on 49ersWebzone. If there is anything that you guys choose to listen to me about, don't bother with Webzone. It is filled with immature teenage types with a few intelligent fans sprinkled in. Try 49ers.com if you are curious about what Niner fans are sayin'. It is the official site of the 49ers and has more rational intelligent fans that aren't afraid to recognize talent on other teams when it is deserved. There are a few regular Seahawk fans who post as well as Ravens and Cardinals fans as well as other teams. We don't trash 'em when they show up and are welcomed especially when they post respectably. Of course debates will erupt, but I don't remember the last time we had a legit troll problem.

I said it before and I will say it again, Webzone is most likely the source of most of the trolling you have experienced from Niner fans.
No offense, but I'm not curious about what Niners fans are saying. That's why I stick with .Net and NFL blogs if I need info. What good is it going to do to try to get insider info from Niners fans? I can find that stuff out with a simple Google search without the douchebaggery. What Niners fans say has no bearing on your team or the Seahawks so there's no point.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
-The Glove-":1rheceb0 said:

Kaepernick was a higher draft pick, and he's taller. Duh. Never mind that Wilson's already got some veteran moves like faking guys out by pointing behind them as he's scrambling to get them to pause, thinking there's a guy there; and that his hands (bigger than Kaepernick's) are so big, he has an excellent pump fake. Also, he just tries to take what's there when running, he doesn't risk himself. Kaepernick's no RG3 in terms of the reckless running, but he definitely is riskier than Wilson is. Frankly, every QB in the league is riskier at running the ball than Wilson is from what I can tell, so that might not particularly be much of a point against Kaep; but, regardless...

NinerLifer

Reaction score
-The Glove-":16uwymu9 said:
No offense, but I'm not curious about what Niners fans are saying. That's why I stick with .Net and NFL blogs if I need info. What good is it going to do to try to get insider info from Niners fans? I can find that stuff out with a simple Google search without the douchebaggery. What Niners fans say has no bearing on your team or the Seahawks so there's no point.

I know not everybody is, but the OP obviously is as well as a few others I imagine. Just trying to be helpful. And it's not necessarily the opinions or small talk that interests me or draws me to this site or the others in our division. It is the likeliness of there being a thread created whenever a major story breaks for one of our teams like player signings or coach movement as well as injury updates. Going to a single site for each teams updates is a lot easier than Google IMHO.