Congrats to the Texans

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
Congrats to the Texans
Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:53 am
  • At one point they were similar to us at 2-5 and they got back on track and made the playoffs (bad division).

They do however, sill need a QB.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Re: Congrats to the Texans
Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:58 am
  • Largent80 wrote:At one point they were similar to us at 2-5 and they got back on track and made the playoffs (bad division).

They have the immortal Branden Weeden as their QB. I think they'll be more than fine with Weeds, sir. 8)
    There was this monkey, right?
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:33 am
  • Largent80 wrote:At one point they were similar to us at 2-5 and they got back on track and made the playoffs (bad division).

Eh, I don't think he's going to win games on his own for you but if he can stay healthy I think you can win with Brian Hoyer.

Project his 11 games to 16 games this year and we're talking a guy who threw for 3800 yards, 28 TDs, and 10 INTs, which is what Wilson was doing (while admittedly being more efficient) until he leveled up in the second half of this year.

If both Hoyer and Foster could have stayed healthy or they had anything that mattered behind Foster at RB I think we'd be talking about the Texans a little differently, TBH (meaning, we'd be talking about them at all).

Hoyer's probably got another three or four years in him too, meaning the Texans can take a guy like Wentz in the 2nd round and actually let him sit.

Save for maybe punter or kick returner RB is the easiest position to replace without much expenditure in the NFL too; I just think they got caught with their pants down there this year.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:43 am
  • Congrats to the Chiefs too, starting out 1-5 losing there star player to an ACL injury then riding a 10 game win streak into the playoffs at 11-5. Also broncos were 5-0 and the Chiefs nearly won the division. I think that's pretty damn impressive too.
    SF49r
    NET Starter

Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:59 am
  • SF49r wrote:Congrats to the Chiefs too, starting out 1-5 losing there star player to an ACL injury then riding a 10 game win streak into the playoffs at 11-5. Also broncos were 5-0 and the Chiefs nearly won the division. I think that's pretty damn impressive too.

Well, they now will play each other, which is kinda cool.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Congrats to the Texans
Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:55 am
  • Texans aren't far from being a true contender.

If they could get a full season out of Clowney and a full season out of a top 10-12 QB, I think that they would be a force to be reckoned with.
    ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:12 pm
  • pmedic920 wrote:Texans aren't far from being a true contender.

If they could get a full season out of Clowney and a full season out of a top 10-12 QB, I think that they would be a force to be reckoned with.

Definitely. With their defense, if they had a couple more cogs on offense, they'd look a lot like we do. I'm glad they won that division this year. While I kind of feel for Matty Hasselbeck, it's tiring seeing the Colts win that division year in and year out without even trying.

I'd even like playing them one more time this season.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:12 pm
  • If you swapped the Rams and Texans I'm not sure if anyone would be able to tell the difference. The Rams could win the AFC South, so I'm not surprised that the Texans did.

I think the Texans will get squished by the Chiefs. The Texans are 4-6 outside of their division, which is one of the worst in history.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:39 am
  • pmedic920 wrote:Texans aren't far from being a true contender.

If they could get anything out of Clowney I imagine they'd be pretty happy.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:45 am
  • Someone moves to Texas and well, well, well.
    Subzero717
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:54 pm
  • Subzero717 wrote:Someone moves to Texas and well, well, well.

Shaddup. I like JJ Watt and I wish he were a Hawk.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:04 pm
  • Subzero717 wrote:Someone moves to Texas and well, well, well.

Pretty relevant username considering the weather for the upcoming game, nice. You are in Minnesota, right? Going to the game?
    FlyHawksFly
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:09 pm
  • Drew is poking at me. He's bored.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:40 pm
  • Popeyejones wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:At one point they were similar to us at 2-5 and they got back on track and made the playoffs (bad division).

Eh, I don't think he's going to win games on his own for you but if he can stay healthy I think you can win with Brian Hoyer.

Project his 11 games to 16 games this year and we're talking a guy who threw for 3800 yards, 28 TDs, and 10 INTs, which is what Wilson was doing (while admittedly being more efficient) until he leveled up in the second half of this year.

If both Hoyer and Foster could have stayed healthy or they had anything that mattered behind Foster at RB I think we'd be talking about the Texans a little differently, TBH (meaning, we'd be talking about them at all).

Hoyer's probably got another three or four years in him too, meaning the Texans can take a guy like Wentz in the 2nd round and actually let him sit.

Save for maybe punter or kick returner RB is the easiest position to replace without much expenditure in the NFL too; I just think they got caught with their pants down there this year.

stick to being Popeye. Hoyer SUCKS ass.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

It is currently Wed May 04, 2016 3:43 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information