Poor guy

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
In case you didn't click that link, it's Russell Wilson related.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I read it. A lot of fans are pissed their team didn't take Wilson.

Here in Seattle, we are riding a wave of forward thinking that had people thinking Pete might be done after 2012 if the Hawks didn't do well, and now after one good season we expect a run on tall press bail corners and big 5 techs.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
That's a huge bummer for him, but it'll go away after awhile.

Like, when he leaves KC.

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
I thought it was hilarious personally. "Even my best friend thinks so." "If we had Wilson, we'd be dope"

Poor guy grew up a Chiefs fan, and now this is probably what he'll be remembered for. :lol:

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I don't post at enemy boards, but I do go to them before and after games just to see how many talk about how they should have taken Russell Wilson.

My favorite was yesterday on path to the draft. One of the media dudes said even Seattle passed on him twice, so clearly no one knew he would be that good. I was hoping Schneider would walk over and punch him in the face, but alas. No such luck. I think Schneider would have taken him in the first round if his intel had told him too.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Scottemojo":10yhtfmx said:
I don't post at enemy boards, but I do go to them before and after games just to see how many talk about how they should have taken Russell Wilson.

My favorite was yesterday on path to the draft. One of the media dudes said even Seattle passed on him twice, so clearly no one knew he would be that good. I was hoping Schneider would walk over and punch him in the face, but alas. No such luck. I think Schneider would have taken him in the first round if his intel had told him too.

Wasn't Schneider talked off the ledge earlier in the draft before they took him at #75? I'm glad he took the dive, but I swear I read somewhere the Schneider wanted him a lot earlier.

Hamhawk

Reaction score
We know that PC has the final call on personnel amd the draft, so I imagine there are plenty of times JS has to really talk up a player to get PC to agree,...

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Throwdown":1xn9vwda said:
Wasn't Schneider talked off the ledge earlier in the draft before they took him at #75? I'm glad he took the dive, but I swear I read somewhere the Schneider wanted him a lot earlier.

Papa Pete specifically said he had to tell Uncle John he couldn't draft DangeRuss in the second round.

Schneider knew what Wilson was. NOBODY else in the NFL did.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Uncle John went to four Wisconsin games to Witness Russell in person. He might be more obsessed with Wilson than Kearly.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3v3bhgeu said:
Uncle John went to four Wisconsin games to Witness Russell in person. He might be more obsessed with Wilson than Kearly.
That's not possible.

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
He's got nothing on me, though I suspect I've got nothing on Jon Gruden.

Scottemojo":1x2u1efy said:
One of the media dudes said even Seattle passed on him twice, so clearly no one knew he would be that good. I was hoping Schneider would walk over and punch him in the face, but alas. No such luck. I think Schneider would have taken him in the first round if his intel had told him too.

I had the same reaction when I saw that. JS would have taken Wilson at #12 if the hype had ever caught on and he was forced to. So would I. At the end of day one (first round) I joked on SDB that Seattle needed to draft Wilson in round 2 if they wanted to make me happy.

It's a lame argument anyway. I guess the Patriots are idiots because they didn't take Brady in the 1st? Some draft steals really are dumb luck, but Wilson and Brady ain't among them. Those were great players you could see coming if you were willing to step away from the process and it's discriminatory traits to give real thought to something. As my sig says, "if everyone's thinking alike, nobody's thinking."