How about Nnamdi Asomugha?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Figured I'd get this thread out of the way before 5 of them pop up.

Discuss!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'd say worth a look if we were desperate for a starting outside corner. But we're not, so no thanks.

Just cause Asomugha might be released if he doesn't want to restructure his contract doesn't mean we could get him on the cheap. Just cause the Eagles aren't going to pay him 15 million doesn't mean he still won't get 8-10 million on the free agent market if he's released.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I wondered when this would pop up. He could be great for a steal, but the only way the eagles cut him is if they can get his price reduced. If he wanted to reduce he could just stay, so I doubt he'd take a reduction to come here instead of stay there.

Also, I'm not sure how that logic works for starting a thread because you're worried too many of them would pop up lol. And at least put it in the NFL forum where it belongs sheeeeez ;)

Basis4day

Reaction score
Really don't see the need to spend 8-10 million on a CB in the face of other needs. Would it be cool to have him? Sure. It would be cool to have all the top talent.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Actually I think he would be a great pickup if the price was decent ($3-5 million/year). He was a shutdown corner while playing press in Oakland and it wasn't until he went to play zone in PHI that he had coverage issues. Bring him back to play man coverage and he'll thrive again.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
And yet the answer to the zone read option is to play zone coverage. Which means guys like him are going to have a harder time of it in the next few years until/if the zone read option ever goes away.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":kwk8oris said:
Actually I think he would be a great pickup if the price was decent ($3-5 million/year). He was a shutdown corner while playing press in Oakland and it wasn't until he went to play zone in PHI that he had coverage issues. Bring him back to play man coverage and he'll thrive again.

2013: $15 million, 2014-2015: $12 million, 2016: Free Agent

That would be quite the pay-cut. Granted he's 31, but someone is going to overpay to pick him up. Be curious to see is asking price if he hits FA.

Pstark3

Reaction score
our corners are getting paid a fraction what he is.. and he's playing nowhere near the level of our corners

JonRud

Reaction score
No thanks rather pick up Osi or Freeney. We need to hit the QB more than defend the pass.

cdallan

Reaction score
volsunghawk":2weop9mo said:
Hasselbeck":2weop9mo said:
Figured I'd get this thread out of the way before 5 of them pop up.

Discuss!

We get it. You hate Brandon Browner.

Nice! I was going to say presumably he would be looking to trade Wilson for him, but your one was better.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Only if they cut him and we could sign him to a new contract. He's a top 5 press cover corner. Unfortunately, PHI doesn't use him how he can be best suited.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Nope...not interested in super high priced free agent defensive backs. I want me some pass rush!

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
The Eagles actually played a lot of man coverage this year, last year is when they played the zone and he struggled. From what I've read from Eagles fan, he's a poor tackler and slower. Again I don't see the point of paying an expensive vet to be our nickel corner, let a young athletic guy do it.

We should learn from the Eagles spending a bunch of money on corners (In 2011 they had Samuel, Asomugha and Rodgers-Cromartie) doesn't give you a good defense if you can't rush the QB.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I would rather pick up a CB that fits our system instead of just a big name. Can someone please tell me how he fits into tight press coverage?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Costa lotta, not wortha bigga costa.

Player's skills eroded by age, not a premier CB any more. We can do better, cheaper, with a younger developing player more suited to our needs.