If Pete Carroll hadn't been fired in New England...

kearly

Reaction score
This might have been how the past 13 years would have looked like:

http://profootballmock.com/alternate-un ... ets-coach/

For those who don't know, Bill Belichick was actually the Head Coach of the Jets for exactly one day before going turncoat and running to the Patriots. From Wikipedia:

Soon after Super Bowl XXXI, Belichick (and most of the Patriots assistant coaches) migrated with Parcells to the New York Jets. Belichick served as assistant head coach and defensive coordinator for the Jets from 1997 to 1999. When Parcells stepped down as head coach in 1999, he had already arranged with team management to have Belichick succeed him. However, Belichick would be the New York Jets' head coach for only one day. When Belichick was introduced as head coach to the media—the day after his hiring was publicized—he turned it into a surprise-resignation announcement. Before taking the podium, he scrawled a resignation note on a sheet of loose leaf paper that read, in its entirety, "I resign as HC of the NYJ." He then delivered a half-hour speech explaining his resignation to the assembled press corps.[9]

Soon after this bizarre turn of events, he was introduced as the Patriots' 12th full-time head coach, succeeding the recently fired Pete Carroll. The Patriots had tried to hire him away from Parcells/the Jets in the past. Parcells and the Jets claimed that Belichick was still under contract to the Jets, and demanded compensation from the Patriots. NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue agreed, and the Patriots gave the Jets a first-round draft pick in 2000 in exchange for the right to hire Belichick.

Mind. Blown.

Read the article btw. It's hilarious. And it has one of the better photoshop jobs I've ever seen on the first image. The second image, not so much, but still hilarious.

Poor Jets fans! Can you imagine?

NEW-YORK-JETS-COACH-BILL-BELICHICK-HOLDS-UP-LOMBARDI-TROPHY-AFTER-SUPER-BOWL-WIN-300x228.png

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Kearly, I love your new avatar, and I demand that you keep it throughout the entirety of the next season! :lol:

Back on topic, wow, Belichick is a hell of a douche.