Alex Smith Trade?

HawkGA

Reaction score
Fox sports radio reported today that the 49ers are supposedly telling teams there is a deal done to trade alex smith but the team hasn't been announced (nor the parameters of the deal). Anybody hear anything?

pinksheets

Reaction score
Jags beat reporter said he got a text from Caldwell their GM saying it wasn't them.

It's probably KC. He fits well with what Reid likes to do, and anyways the Jags sound like they're going to bring guys in for a competition, so I expect any move they make to be more subdued.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Hmm... If so I wonder if it makes Flynn easier or harder to trade?

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
I'd say easier. Just like last year with Peyton, Flynn wasn't going to be signed until Peyton was off the market. This year, I don't think Flynn anybody trades for Flynn until the door on Smith is closed.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
I suspect trading Flynn would ultimately be pretty easy. Heck, the Hawks traded Jackson for a 7th round choice. I can't imagine Flynn wouldn't fetch at least that amount. I'm sure Jackson was more of a sure thing to get cut than Flynn currently is. Now, whether the Seahawks would willing take a 7th is a different question. But trading him probably won't be that difficult if the Hawks decide that is what they want to do.

sutz

Reaction score
Easy to trade him, not easy to get anything of value for him. ;)

Scottemojo

Reaction score
This report is pure bullshit. This is the Niners trying to beat the bushes and drum up interest.

Sac

Reaction score
HawkGA":1qjrncno said:
I'd say easier. Just like last year with Peyton, Flynn wasn't going to be signed until Peyton was off the market. This year, I don't think Flynn anybody trades for Flynn until the door on Smith is closed.

Right, because Smith too is an all time great.

Flynn may not have much tape available on him but what is out there is better than what Smith showed over his career. He's cheaper too.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
It has nothing to do with Smith being an all time great. It has to do with a pecking order. It'll also help set the market, kind of like how signing draft picks often used to become a lot easier once the draft pick selected ahead of said player signed. Gives people a ballpark to set their expectations and talk deal.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1czpe903 said:
This report is pure bullshit. This is the Niners trying to beat the bushes and drum up interest.

My thoughts exactly. It sounds like Douchebag or the 49ers GM making up and spreading rumors to try and create demand. I've never heard of a trade being agreed upon but nobody mentions the other team or what might be coming in return.

Sounds about as real as Teo's girlfriend.