Desmond Bryant -bargain price?

godawg

Reaction score
Raiders defensive tackle Desmond Bryant has been arrested in Miami on a misdemeanor charge of criminal mischief and remained in jail Sunday morning, according to several reports.

Bryant was booked at 9:24 a.m. ET into Miami-Dade County jail on $1,000 bail, the reports said, citing facility records.

Following initial reports of the arrest, it was unclear whether the Cowboys' Dez Bryant had again landed himself in offseason legal trouble.

But Dez Bryant was quick to address the stir early Sunday morning via Twitter.

"Ooo (expletive) false rumors about jail?" Dez Bryant tweeted. "Lol I was working out at 2 something in the morning in Dallas tx."

Oakland's Desmond Bryant, who joined the team as an undrafted rookie out of Harvard in 2009, will become an unrestricted free agent March 12. He has 10.5 career sacks in four seasons, four of which came last season after a career-high five in 2011.

"We're aware of the situation and are gathering more information," Raiders spokesman Zak Gilbert told USA Today.

mikeak

Reaction score
LOL something about the name I take it. Maybe Oakland signed the guy to pull a fast one on some team. Right before the trade deadline they go - ok we throw in Dez Bryant in that trade are you good now? And the GM on the other side goes - WOW ok yeah I am in only have a minute left before the deadline

then pan to Homer Simpson doing DOOOOH

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Desmond Bryant is an Ivy league dude, I am guessing this is a pretty minor scuffle. A battle of wits, maybe.

I bet it does little to affect his stock.

NYCoug

Reaction score
Somebody get this dude some chapstick!

Great mugshot though. Gotta love it.