Randy Starks tagged

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
I would not be surprised if Hawks picked up WR Brian Hartline. He was their solid #2 this year. He is someone that can replace Ben Obomanu and is an upgrade over him.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I am wondering if I was GM if I would pull the trigger on Melton. We have a low 1st rounder, and I think Melton is a stud. I know most people wouldn't do it, especially John Schneider, but I would be tempted. He has so much potential, he's young, and I doubt we'd get a better immediate impact for our D-line at that point in the draft. And that's what we need to contend for a title next year.

Starks would have been a nice option if he were available, but he's too inconsistent for me to spend a 1st on.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
HawkFan72":278uw8pw said:
I am wondering if I was GM if I would pull the trigger on Melton. We have a low 1st rounder, and I think Melton is a stud. I know most people wouldn't do it, especially John Schneider, but I would be tempted. He has so much potential, he's young, and I doubt we'd get a better immediate impact for our D-line at that point in the draft. And that's what we need to contend for a title next year.

Starks would have been a nice option if he were available, but he's too inconsistent for me to spend a 1st on.

I would totally do it. Think about all the first round defensive tackles recently that have not panned out: Ellis, Dorsey, McCoy. That is a tough position to draft. Melton is young enough and our pick close enough to the end of round 1 I'd feel good about getting a player who has proven himself at the NFL level that is a perfect scheme fit

Scottemojo

Reaction score
HawkFan72":11dns2dr said:

The beginning price of a franchised player is two first round picks, not 1.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1fwhglpj said:
HawkFan72":1fwhglpj said:

Well that would change things, I forgot about that! For some reason I was just thinking of restricted Free Agents with the first round designation. I forgot the franchise tag adds another 1st rounder.

Spleenhawk2.0

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2td2h058 said:
Scottemojo":2td2h058 said:
HawkFan72":2td2h058 said:

Well that would change things, I forgot about that! For some reason I was just thinking of restricted Free Agents with the first round designation. I forgot the franchise tag adds another 1st rounder.

But the 2 - first round picks would only be if you signed a franchised player, correct? The franchised players are technically a free agent until they sign the franchise tender, or another team signs him for the 2 first round pick compensation cost.

If Chicago did a sign and trade, wouldn't that get around the 2 pick issue? That has happened a number of times over the years I believe. The one that comes to mind is a few years back when the Patriots franchised Cassell, but did a sign and trade with KC.