Rams are stupid

Scottemojo

Reaction score
The Rams are reportedly going to Transition tag Danny Amendola...as a tight end.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/n...ansition-tag-on-danny-amendola-as-a-tight-end

A 188 pound tight end, who never actually lines up at tight end. The writer in the article argues that they have nothing to lose. I disagree. If the Rams get a reputation as cheap bastards, it definitely can have repercussions for retaining free agents and attracting free agents.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Let me guess: Their argument is that since TEs like Jimmy Graham or Aaron Hernandez line up wide, then Amendola kind of has the same description? Chintzy move.

Subzero717

Reaction score
When they hired their GM from Atlanta and I saw him I knew we had nothing to worry about.

Brahn

Reaction score
Call me crazy I still feel Danny is gonna end up in NE as Welkers replacement.

pehawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2sy61dld said:
The Rams are reportedly going to Transition tag Danny Amendola...as a tight end.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/n...ansition-tag-on-danny-amendola-as-a-tight-end

A 188 pound tight end, who never actually lines up at tight end. The writer in the article argues that they have nothing to lose. I disagree. If the Rams get a reputation as cheap bastards, it definitely can have repercussions for retaining free agents and attracting free agents.

They already do, as does every other NFC West team not in Seattle. Which is why it'll always REALLY be the Seahawks division. Any other NFCW champions are renters.

kearly

Reaction score
Transition tag is still worthless. Amendola is going to get a fairly sizable contract, and if a team wants him badly enough a poison pill could still be used. I can't really see any way that Amendola remains a Ram without costing a pretty good sum of money. I like Amendola as a very low cost option, but that doesn't sound like it will be the case. If he signs something like a 5 year $40 million contract, that's not going to help anybody, and I would hope the Rams match that offer.

Fisher is a good coach, but I am less sold on their GM. Even though he got a King's ransom for RG3, I think if he could do it over again he'd draft RG3 and move Bradford instead. Their draft last year had an unbelievable amount of ammunition but would have flopped if not for some "surprise" picks. Only pick he made last year that I loved at the time was Janoris Jenkins. Richardson and Legatron could prove great picks with time- we'll see. But he didn't strike me as a talent finding savant. Hardly.

pehawk

Reaction score
My vagina's telling me the Rams will be at or near the same record next year. That flies in the face of common sense and conventional thinking, but, they kind of have a 2010 Buccaneers vibe, IMO. Especially when they're choosing to get cute with their only 2 offensive players with soul.

HagFaithful

Reaction score
I'd think that Amendola's agent and the NFLPA might have something to say about this in the next few days...

Subzero717

Reaction score
pehawk":kpvkpvkk said:
My vagina's telling me the Rams will be at or near the same record next year. That flies in the face of common sense and conventional thinking, but, they kind of have a 2010 Buccaneers vibe, IMO. Especially when they're choosing to get cute with their only 2 offensive players with soul.

Who's the other? I thought Steven Jackson was leaving.

pehawk

Reaction score
Danny and Jackson are the only Rams offensive players who play like they enjoy the game.

NYCoug

Reaction score
Yeah, put me in the same boat as the people who think he'll end up in New England. I think part of the reason Brady took such a "pay-cut" (god what it must be like to get a pay-cut like that...) is so that the team can go out and spend a little in the free agent market. There's the obvious Welker/Amendola comparison, and it's a good one, and there's still a few other areas (namely defensive back, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie?) that the team needs to shore up. Could Brady be holding out hope for one last run? It's not the Pats style but who knows, crazier things have happened for sure.

As far as the Rams goes. This move just screams Steve Hutchinson poison pill deal coming right up. I have a feeling that Les Snead is going to get played for a fool by some NFL GM.