Optimus Prime, KamBam, ET, BB, and ... DRC ?

City Of Reign

Reaction score
So does DRC fit in with what we do? If he becomes a free agent, looking like it, do we go after him? He showed great signs of being a top flight DB with the Cards, but dropped off with the Eagles.
We all know that was a Cluster Flook of a situation. Was DRC exposed, does he still have what he once had?

My question is, would YOU bring him in? do you think the FO will?

Personally, if he could be had for cheap, not entirely out of the question, and take a "lesser" role, but on a SuperBowl caliber team I'd jump on the chance to see what he has.

JesterHawk

Reaction score
I think he's got the talent. Not sure how he does in the slot, or if Browner could move to slot (or OLB?). If he's purely an outside guy, I'm not sure he starts for us. I ain't gonna whine if they bring him in for a workout though. I think he's a heck of a player still.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
I think that the Eagles biggest problem was signing/trading for two press corners and making them almost exclusively play zone.

NYCoug

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":ry2ywoow said:
I think that the Eagles biggest problem was signing/trading for two press corners and making them almost exclusively play zone.

Good point and one that I tend to agree with.

As far as signing Rodgers-Cromartie goes, if you would've told me this 3 years ago I would've gone nuts. I loved DRC coming out of college, thought he was going to be a star, and then kind of stopped pulling for him when he got drafted by Arizona. Then, he went to Philly and while I wanted to wish him the best, I can't stand the Eagles or anything Philly for that matter.

Back then we still needed players with amazing talent so I would've jumped at a "Zach Miller/Sidney Rice" type signing. Now? I like Sherm and Browner more, and while I think DRC would be great in the slot (he's a sick athlete and is really quick), I don't think it'll be worth the price tag for a nickel corner. Yes, it's an important position and one that hurt the Hawks last season, but it still strikes me as the type of position where you'd prefer cheaper, younger guys.

Great talent though, somebody will probably break the bank on him based on talent alone.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
DRC would be unlikely to get a look in Seattle. Frankly, he is a bit afraid to get or take a hit.

pehawk

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":9prc4avl said:

It was ALL of the problem. They played scheme's which seemingly gameplanned for poor CB's. It made no sense.

canfan

Reaction score
He really struggled to cover inside as a nickel in Philly. He does not like to tackle. I have heard it said that DRC stands for "doesn't really care". Maybe he could change it to "don't really compete" if he comes to the Seahawks? I love the talent but not the attitude. I don't think he is worthy of being a hawk!