Fitzpatrick's future in Buffalo uncertain

nategreat

Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9...mulling-futures-ryan-fitzpatrick-andy-levitre

Fitzpatrick's status is an altogether different matter. The Bills have sent mixed messages this offseason as to whether they intend to keep or cut the quarterback.

He's coming off his second inconsistent season as a starter. And Fitzpatrick's contract is an issue. He's due to make a $3 million bonus this month as part of a six-year, $59 million contract extension he signed in October 2011.

I think that would be good news for us, as it may in fact increase the likelihood of seeing a potential trade for Matt Flynn. But I would kind of feel bad for T-Jack, knowing that Flynn came in to Seattle to take over his QB position on the depth chart, and if this was the case, he would be doing the same thing in Buffalo. Ahhh, who am I kidding? T-Jack just got another decent contract for himself. I don't feel THAT bad. He's used to it by now.

ivotuk

Reaction score
nategreat":222muotf said:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9...mulling-futures-ryan-fitzpatrick-andy-levitre

Fitzpatrick's status is an altogether different matter. The Bills have sent mixed messages this offseason as to whether they intend to keep or cut the quarterback.

He's coming off his second inconsistent season as a starter. And Fitzpatrick's contract is an issue. He's due to make a $3 million bonus this month as part of a six-year, $59 million contract extension he signed in October 2011.

I think that would be good news for us, as it may in fact increase the likelihood of seeing a potential trade for Matt Flynn. But I would kind of feel bad for T-Jack, knowing that Flynn came in to Seattle to take over his QB position on the depth chart, and if this was the case, he would be doing the same thing in Buffalo. Ahhh, who am I kidding? T-Jack just got another decent contract for himself. I don't feel THAT bad. He's used to it by now.

T-Jacks a millionaire and he's had the privilege of being a starting QB in the NFL. I can't feel sorry for him because he's experienced more good will than most people in this world will. He was fortunate that Childress saw something in him that wasn't there. And I love the guy, he's a great person and I enjoyed his time here. He's just not a starting caliber QB.

Good luck Tarvaris, bad luck Ryan Fitzpatrick! You have no one to blame but yourself! Cut him Buffalo! And give us your 2nd for Matt Flynn!

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
If Fitz gets cut and we move Flynn, Fitz could be a viable backup option for us. He is not super athletic but he can move a little and has a decent arm. Plus, he and Flynn look like twins