Broncos may cut Elvis Dumervil; Seahawks a fit?

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I don't think so. Isn't he really short? They like their D linemen tall and long. Plus he will be expensive as hell. He is due to make $12 mil this year

Winterfell

Reaction score
Another article: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... ke-pay-cut

Regarding Dumervil, it's not a cap issue with the Broncos (their cap can absorb Dumervil's contract fine) but rather an issue with value. Peyton Manning and Champ Bailey are already making a ton, and Von Miller is already the team's best pass rusher and overall defensive player. Dumervil's production is nice, and might be worth 12 million dollars a year on another team, but not on the Broncos.

Since Dumervil is most likely not going to accept a pay cut, I see him getting released from the team. He might be willing to restructure like Tom Brady, but since it's not an issue with fitting him under the cap, it won't change anything since the Broncos are looking rather for value. And the Broncos are going to look to invest heavily in Von Miller anyways.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":2iiuc4jw said:
I don't think so. Isn't he really short? They like their D linemen tall and long. Plus he will be expensive as hell. He is due to make $12 mil this year

This is a guy that had 11 sacks last season and 17 in 2009. There are reason's not to pursue Dumervil if he becomes available but any GM that lists size among them should get fired.

Winterfell

Reaction score
Trrrroy":fd5wneuo said:
This is a guy that had 11 sacks last season and 17 in 2009. There are reason's not to pursue Dumervil if he becomes available but any GM that lists size among them should get fired.

Agreed.

Dumervil is a great pass rusher, even if his defense against the run is a liability. To me, he's a younger Dwight Freeney.

Height shouldn't be used against him since he has a track record for producing pressure and big plays. I would rather pick him up than a "prototypical" 6-4 DE like Lawrence Jackson who has the looks of a DE but can't put up nearly the stats of Dumervil.

McGruff

Reaction score
Not a fit. We don't need him, don't have a spot for him that he would be wi.ling to accept.

kearly

Reaction score
I don't think he'd be a Seahawk, but Denver is crazy if they release him.

JKent82

Reaction score
kearly":1jgdmk47 said:
I don't think he'd be a Seahawk, but Denver is crazy if they release him.

http://overthecap.com/broncos-looking-to-move-on-from-elvis-dumervil/

I don't really get it. It seems pretty ridiculous but money wise it isn't a horrible move if they think he's on the decline, only 4.869 in dead money, saving $8.754 million in cap room. They're not up against the wall though.

I think they'd be able to trade him though, if they did decide they wanted to move on for whatever reason.

mikeak

Reaction score
We already have one guy to short on this roster - how did that work out???????? oh wait

Uffda

Reaction score
Production matters more than any size requirements, He could be useful .