New Los Angeles stadium looks like a no go for NFL

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Bummer because I'd really like to see another west coast team.

As people in Los Angeles await word on the sale of the Anschutz Entertainment Group, the NFL doesn't sound too enthusiastic about the firm's plan to build a downtown stadium.

Less than six months after the L.A. city council voted unanimously to support AEG's plan, the concept is essentially dead to the NFL, according to two sources. The problems with the plan are numerous, but the most essential one is the economics.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--sourc ... 59874.html

Subzero717

Reaction score
What makes more sense, to me anyway, is build a new baseball stadium downtown where the proposed football stadium was supposed to go and build the football stadium on Chavez Ravine. Get the most out of LA Live with 81 home games instead of 8. Plus there would be about as much tailgating as there is in Seattle with a downtown stadium.

The other reason I believe they are having problems with the stadium is that there isn't a team that wants to be there.

ivotuk

Reaction score
It's too expensive to do anything in Los Angeles. They tax and regulate everything so it's impossible to get anything done. Somebody on ESPN radio mentioned it would take 10 years to break even on an LA team because the costs of a stadium and doing business is so prohibitive. That's why businesses are bailing and moving "next door."

Largent80

Reaction score
When I was a kid we used to go to the colessium to watch the Rams. Wanna talk tailgaiting?...Only if you wanted to die, what a terrible surrounding neighborhood!.

I agree with Cali. To build the football stadium at Chavez Ravine would be wise, and move the baseball stadium next to Staples Center....Brilliant, but these clowns can't even elect a mayor without a runoff.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Largent80":2x4jvvcb said:
When I was a kid we used to go to the colessium to watch the Rams. Wanna talk tailgaiting?...Only if you wanted to die, what a terrible surrounding neighborhood!.

I agree with Cali. To build the football stadium at Chavez Ravine would be wise, and move the baseball stadium next to Staples Center....Brilliant, but these clowns can't even elect a mayor without a runoff.

I remember my dad telling me to duck as we drove in and out of Dodger stadium. He wanted me to keep my head down because he was worried about bullets. That was in the 70's.

West Covina was much safer, but they still had murders and car theft like it was the plague.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Largent80":22srlybn said:
When I was a kid we used to go to the coliseum to watch the Rams. Wanna talk tailgating?...Only if you wanted to die, what a terrible surrounding neighborhood!...........
I went to Metallica's Summer Sanitarium at the Coliseum in like '00 or '01 and let me tell you there was plenty of tailgating. Apparently 60,000 metalheads all gathered in one place scares the bejesus out the folks that were a problem for football game folks. :thmusik36:

Subzero717

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":2geee4jm said:
Largent80":2geee4jm said:

I remember my dad telling me to duck as we drove in and out of Dodger stadium. He wanted me to keep my head down because he was worried about bullets. That was in the 70's.

West Covina was much safer, but they still had murders and car theft like it was the plague.

I've never felt unsafe at dodger stadium.

Hamhawk

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":1tyhpbsi said:
loafoftatupu":1tyhpbsi said:
Largent80":1tyhpbsi said:

I've never felt unsafe at dodger stadium.
maybe the alcohol overload numbs you to your surroundings,... :D