Matt Cassell to the Vikes!

Decimation

Reaction score
I wonder what the chiefs got for him? Terrible trade imo. Ponder is slightly better.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Decimation":1q5ztpod said:
I wonder what the chiefs got for him? Terrible trade imo. Ponder is slightly better.

I believe the Chiefs released him, so the vikings are free to sign him if they have in fact done so

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
Chiefs let Cassell go and he chose to sign with Vikings over Bucs because he is going to get a chance to compete for the start job in Minnesota and that was not the case in Tampa so it makes sense.

kearly

Reaction score
You pretty much knew that Flynn wasn't going to Minnesota when he wasn't included in the Harvin trade.

On the bright side, Cassel being off the market helps us trade Flynn. I would have to think that Flynn is more appealing than Fitzpatrick.

Erebus

Reaction score
kearly":qdhbdmcv said:
You pretty much knew that Flynn wasn't going to Minnesota when he wasn't included in the Harvin trade.

On the bright side, Cassel being off the market helps us trade Flynn. I would have to think that Flynn is more appealing than Fitzpatrick.

I figured Minnesota wasn't interested when Flynn wasn't included in the deal, but it really makes me wonder why they would rather have Cassell than Flynn. Flynn hasn't proven much yet, but Cassell has proven to be terrible.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Spielman and Frazier are betting their Minny careers on Ponder's growth potential. They want their young QB 'stirred' not shaken because Ponder can really suck under pressure. It was apparent when they reached for Ponder in the draft and when they chose to nuture his career over a guy like Webb that he was hand selected to be a franchise player without much competition.
I don't blame Harvin for feeling discouraged and frustrated by the direction of that organization. After a good seasons with Favre where he could taste the championship as a rookie he then witnessed embarrassing QB play and drama between TJack, Rosenfels, Webb, McNabb and Ponder. He saw the Vikings give up on Rice when he was due to make big dollars. He continued to bust his but in games despite injuries and missed only 3 games his first 3 years. Ponder doesn't share Harvin's passion and definitely not RW's LOVE for the game.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
kearly":1a7ioiei said:

If we do manage to trade Flynn I don't see it happening before draft weekend. The only way I think a team trades for Flynn now is if they miss out on the guy they want in the draft.