What would it take to get Ndamukong Suh?

godawg

Reaction score
Would Detroit, who could use a good slot receiver, consider trading Suh for Doug Baldwin, Brandon Mebane, and our second round pick? Just a thought.

chris98251

Reaction score
No, No,No, the most dominating tackle in the game isn't going that cheap, think of Cortez Kennedy in his prime and what it would take to get him and half that again becasue anyone going after him while he's under contract is going to pay a whole lot.

NYCoug

Reaction score
godawg":7so2n78r said:
Write the check.

I feel like I'm on a New York Yankees message board during the 2000's, and it doesn't feel good.

OP
OP
godawg

godawg

Reaction score
Good point NY. But just imagine what our pass rushers could do when the pocket is moved.

Think I'll have another pint.

Winterfell

Reaction score
NYCoug":2a85gjq5 said:
godawg":2a85gjq5 said:
Write the check.

I feel like I'm on a New York Yankees message board during the 2000's, and it doesn't feel good.

I'm afraid we, as a fanbase, are becoming more spoiled and harder to please as our team's success keeps on building. XD

OP
OP
godawg

godawg

Reaction score
It was Cortez Kennedy that spoiled me, not our recent success. But now that it's the day after St. Patty's I realize that keeping Suh would probably be impossible cap-wise if we want to keep the Legion of Boom.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Detroit just redid Suh's deal to free up more cap space. Which means they see him finishing his contract. In fact, I would not be surprised to see Suh get franchised twice even if he did not want to re-sign with Detroit.

Rosterbaters.

pehawk

Reaction score
I'd love to get Suh. Man oh man would that automatically mean THE #1 defense (as opposed to automatically becoming THE Ohio State or something).

When did they re-do the contract? And, cant we rape that sorry franchise anyway? I'm thinking Toomer and a 7th?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
pehawk":37ih01ej said:
I'd love to get Suh. Man oh man would that automatically mean THE #1 defense (as opposed to automatically becoming THE Ohio State or something).

When did they re-do the contract? And, cant we rape that sorry franchise anyway? I'm thinking Toomer and a 7th?
3 days ago. It freed up 7 million in current cap space.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Shu would be great, but we don't need Suh, perhaps the #5 DT or something will do just wonderfully.

Basis4day

Reaction score
godawg":2boi6v2e said:
Would Detroit, who could use a good slot receiver, consider trading Suh for Doug Baldwin, Brandon Mebane, and our second round pick? Just a thought.

Mebane should have been at least a pro-bowl alternate last season. Then you trade him for a more expensive DT and are still in need of a DT. Then take a look at Suh's contract:

2013: $12.15 million, 2014: $11.55 million, 2015: $3.505 million (Voidable Year), 2016: Free Agent

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I am down with the current roster plus a couple draft picks taking some space. PCJS have started rookies in each of their 3 seasons and it just seems line that might be able to get 2 more out of their 8 picks.

The Yugoslavian

Reaction score
He had a down year and really hasn't been the same since his rookie year. He would still be an upgrade for sure but he isn't all world like he was. Still un touchable though.