Hasselbeck released Update: Signs with Colts

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13
  • Hass is going to be around the NFL for a long time in all sorts of capacities, which works fine for me. He's one of my all time favorites.

It's a great situation for him going to the Colts, but the competitor in me hates seeing him mentor one of the best young, threatening QBs in the league.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!
    Recon_Hawk
    NET Veteran

• What hasn't been presented to the media yes it the final part of Hass's newest contract.

At the end of his time with the colts he will spend a 2 year apprenticship aboard Dom's tugboat.

:lol:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• Colts are paying Hasselbeck $5 million next year to back up Luck.

Vet back-ups make good coin. Economics of keeping Flynn not looking so bad.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

• $5 million is surprising. Don't blame Matt, but if he wants the best chance of starting more games, you'd think that'd be in Tennessee where Locker can't stay healthy.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

• Sgt. Largent wrote:$5 million is surprising. Don't blame Matt, but if he wants the best chance of starting more games, you'd think that'd be in Tennessee where Locker can't stay healthy.

Or play particularly well.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

• Titans are actually paying less for Fitzgerald.

Not sure how Matt's agent pulled that off. Good for him, though.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

• Any word on when are they gonna have his press conference where they hold up his jersey and all that?
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• Honestly, I'm fairly happy the way this worked out. I had no desire to see our defense Tee off on Hasselbeck -- seriously. Good situation for him and great place for him to get his last real contract from.

And also, this shows how smart of a quy that Matt Hasselbeck truly is. Seriously, did we really expect any less from him? This shows he's smart enough to realize he's got to stay out of the NFC West. He would get annihilated behind Arizona's pitiful line ... and he would get whacked by our Defense and the Rams twice a year if he went to San Fran, as there is a good chance Kaepernick won't make it through an entire season unscathed. I mean, he's not only a quarterback -- he's a former Seahawks quarterback for heaven's sake. That makes him twice as smart right there. ;)

In all seriousness, I wish Hasselbeck the best of luck (except if we face him, of course). Here's to hoping he can retire as a Seahawk in a couple of years.
    Hawkscanner
    * NET Sage *

• DavidSeven wrote:Titans are actually paying less for Fitzgerald.

Not sure how Matt's agent pulled that off. Good for him, though.

Pretty shrewd move, but rather obvious. The Colts saw what happened when they had a star quarterback go down and had to replace him with Painter. Wouldn't guess they want a repeat of that debacle.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• Good for him. I always wish the best for him.

Hass, can I get a loan?

R.I.P. Brother Les
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• After Hass has pulled a few more million out of the NFL machine and finally decides to hang up the cleats after 15 or 16 years (not bad for a 6th rounder) he can sign his one day contract, which will make him eligible for any one of the 3 or 4 Super Bowl rings the Hawks will be winning over the next 3 or 4 seasons.

"Everyone has a plan... until they get punched in the face." -- Mike Tyson on the 2014 Seattle Seahawks.
    LawlessHawk
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:36 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information