Brian Urlacher, Chicago Bears part ways after 13 years

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Yes.

Of course we would be interested in a big, stiff moving, over the hill, injury prone veteran who was last good 4 years ago.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Urlacher has been realistically done for a couple seasons now. Far too injury prone and far too slow to make a positive impact on probably 90% of the teams in the NFL today. He needs to take a page out of Ray Lewis' book and just retire with pride.

I am pretty disappointed PFT describes the $2 million 1 year contract as "insulting." I wouldn't want him out here for the veteran minimum...

Subzero717

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":3bpkupg7 said:
Urlacher has been realistically done for a couple seasons now. Far too injury prone and far too slow to make a positive impact on probably 90% of the teams in the NFL today. He needs to take a page out of Ray Lewis' book and just retire with pride.

I am pretty disappointed PFT describes the $2 million 1 year contract as "insulting." I wouldn't want him out here for the veteran minimum...

Funny, they were a top d with him in the line up and sorry without him. He had couple years left. He can plug a whole for a contender.

Erebus

Reaction score
I found this quote very interesting.

“Which is a lot of money, don’t get me wrong, but for me to go through a season, put my body through what it goes through during a season at my age, I’m not going to play for that, you know, not for the Bears at least,”

Looks like he would be willing to play for $2M for another team. He either realizes they will suck and wants to play for a contender, or is just fed up with the team, which is understandable considering they fired Lovie Smith. I can't see a true contender signing him and expecting him to make a difference.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him sign with Minnesota. They have a hole at MLB, run a 4-3, and love picking up rival vets to give them a chance to stick it to their old team.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
30377181.jpg

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2g7c9ezx said:
Yes.

Of course we would be interested in a big, stiff moving, over the hill, injury prone veteran who was last good 4 years ago.

49ers already have dibs.

Soppie

Reaction score
He could not get a deal done with the Bears. That tells me he wants more than he is worth. No way the Hawks sign an over the hill veteran to an overpriced contract to back up Wagner.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
My guess is that this is all just posturizing, and he still ends up with the Bears, regardless of what was said today.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
JSeahawks":34ns9pir said:
My guess is that this is all just posturizing, and he still ends up with the Bears, regardless of what was said today.
Posturizing? Do you mean posturing? Sorry couldn't help myself.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Natethegreat":3uuv4x6s said:
JSeahawks":3uuv4x6s said:

Humans posture, Bears posturize.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
I retract my statement of him being done a couple of seasons ago already, but I honestly don't think he's viable as a full-time starting MLB on most defenses. He'll have to prove his body isn't done this season. And it looks like he's probably going to try doing it on the cheap, just hope not in Seattle unless it's for vet minimum :p

JesterHawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":dzwvk3hk said:
Natethegreat":dzwvk3hk said:
JSeahawks":dzwvk3hk said:

Humans posture, Bears posturize.
Nice save. While we're at it oranges pasteurize.