RIP Jack Pardee

pehawk

Reaction score
Ouch, loved that dude. Really, really loved him. For no other reason than Moon, Oilers, and run and shoot.

drdiags

Reaction score
I liked him playing safety for my childhood team "Da Bears" though he made his name with the Rams. Wasn't as good as LaBeau but he brought hat.

Was an interesting change to see him running a team with a more offensive lean to it since defense is what he was known for as a player. BTW, I could be mistaken on him playing for the Bears, maybe it was just coaching?

R.I.P. Jack Pardee.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Hmmm, yeah, I dont recall him playing for the Bears? But, you know how I feel about that franchise anyways (sans Ditka years). Hate could be clouding my memory.

But, Pardee had a fairly fascinating career. Talk about remaking yourself? His coaching stints with the Rams and Skins was before my time, but I still know he wasn't running the Run and Shoot with those teams. Then, some 11 years later, he storms the NFL and takes the Oilers to 4 straight playoff years (may've included a playoff game where Fredd Young got jobbed on an int vs Hawks).

That's my IIRC factoid. And, obviously, I spent age 4 and beyond obsessing over football, because I shouldn't know about Pardee.

Largent80

Reaction score
When I was an L.A. Ram fan long ago he was an excellent steady player for those teams.

RIP Jack.

drdiags

Reaction score
I refreshed my memory. He coached the Bears 1975-1977. He played LB for Rams and Wahington. Not sure where I got safety. I will have to end my reliance on recall and start using online resources instead of my noggin.

Anyway, condolences to the Pardee family, friends and loved ones.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Jack was a real good football player and a great coach.

RIP, brother.