49ers sign Nnamdi Asomugha

birdman5

Reaction score
NFL on ESPN ‏@ESPNNFL

BREAKING: The 49ers have reached an agreement on a 1 yr deal with former Eagles and Raiders CB Nnamdi Asomugha (via @AdamSchefter)

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
We'll find out if it was Philly that caused his decline or if he's still the nasty corner that we faced in Oakland.

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
Good DB in press, but he has definitely lost a step and not very good if he is not in press coverage.

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
Actually, it's not fair to criticize SF for this. I would have been happy to have Nnaammddii (sp?) in SEA if there was a significant need at the position. Like, if we were really, really desperate and the only other option was Carlos Rogers. Where did that guy end up, anyway?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'm going to laugh when Wilson burns him. He did nothing in Philly, and I doubt the 49ers are going to play him the exact same way Oakland did. Plus, Oakland had an absolute nobody at the other CB position, so even being a decent CB would have greatly reduced his targets. I may have to go post on the 49ers Web Zone with his Pro Football Focus stats.

LOL, Nnamdi Asomugah ranked 101st out of the 113 CBs to see at least 25% of snaps last year in the NFL. That is not just bad, that is horrible. For pass coverage specifically, he's 103rd. Pathetic.

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
Just seen on NFL. com he signed with the 9ers i think its good for the seahawks becuase i'm a michael Vick n shady McCoy fan so i watched when the eagles played the last few years(dream team lol). All i seen of NNamdi is he does'nt like to tackle he does'nt like contact so put him on to the field against Lynch and let him go beast mode so we can get back on the richter scale against the 9ers during prime time. But everyone will probably praise the 9ers for a good move or somthing stupid but i see NNamdi as a weak link in the chain.

FriscosFinest

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":xpqn0x7h said:
CALIHAWK1":xpqn0x7h said:

I'll repeat: he ranked 101st overall out of CBs in the NFL last year. If you're signing him as a starter...Yeesh.

Its okay because according to those same stats, we have nfls #1 corner in chris culliver. :)

TheLargentLine

Reaction score
FriscosFinest":3acg5fu2 said:
RolandDeschain":3acg5fu2 said:
CALIHAWK1":3acg5fu2 said:

I'll repeat: he ranked 101st overall out of CBs in the NFL last year. If you're signing him as a starter...Yeesh.

Its okay because according to those same stats, we have nfls #1 corner in chris culliver. :)

Enough said. Chris Culliver is horrible and Carlos Rodgers is almost horrible. I bet Asomugha is still better than both..

seahawksflow

Reaction score
AdamSchefter profile

AdamSchefter CB Nnamdi Asomugha is signing a 1-yr deal with 49ers worth $1.35 million in base salary, but get this: He didn't want ANY guaranteed money.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
FriscosFinest":3hscv8bc said:
RolandDeschain":3hscv8bc said:
CALIHAWK1":3hscv8bc said:

Huh? Culliver's ranked 29th overall, 21st in pass coverage per Pro Football Focus. I'm seriously wondering about your ability to read basic stats.

pff2012overallcbranking.png

There's the whole list. Richard Sherman, by the way, ranked 2nd overall and 1st - by a LARGE margin - in pass coverage. Nobody else even hit the 20s for pass coverage, but he was rated 26.4.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Wait, they actually have a DB worth mentioning?

Harvin still has his way with those corners, even with this signing.

The Outfield

Reaction score
How in the world did they get him so cheap? $1.35m, none of it guaranteed.

Latest posts