Jersey Percentages

gspin2k1

Reaction score
Anyone know what are the typical percentages of Jersey sales that actually goes to the seller/shop, Nike, The Team, The Player?

i.e.
Elite jersey $250

$60 - Shop
$160 - Nike
$25 - Team
$5 - Player?

Just curious how much of the Jersey sales actually benefit the team and players vs lining Nike's pockets.

Cartire

Reaction score
Im pretty sure the NFL take the biggest cut because of licensing. Which then breaks down a small amount to team. I dont think Nike gets more the 40% if even that.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
And That's why I just orderd and received 5 jerseys from china for $140. They have their flaws specifically the White Harvin Jersey where the feathers on the numbers are dark blue and teal. Why teal IDK but it almost ruins the fact I have an awesome Elite HArvin Jersye. But that's what you get when you pay 10% the price the NFL and Nike want you to pay.

Basis4day

Reaction score
From Askmen.com

In a good year, a typical NFL team makes about $5 million off merchandise sales, which worldwide totaled $3.2 billion in 2006. However, because of a wacky economic scheme, the teams don’t benefit all that much, sharing only about 12% of the wholesale price of an item. So, based on that number, when a superstar’s jersey is sold, each team gets 11 cents a piece.

The profits of a jersey are shared amongst ALL the teams. Every team gets a share of every Russell Wilson or RGIII jersey sold.

IIRC that this rule really pissed off Al Davis and Jerry Jones because the Raiders and Cowboys sell WAY more gear than other franchises, but only get an equal 1/32 of the profits.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Wenhawk":3c2biyl8 said:
And That's why I just orderd and received 5 jerseys from china for $140. They have their flaws specifically the White Harvin Jersey where the feathers on the numbers are dark blue and teal. Why teal IDK but it almost ruins the fact I have an awesome Elite HArvin Jersye. But that's what you get when you pay 10% the price the NFL and Nike want you to pay.

True but you're rolling around in a teal hawks jersey. That's foul.

OP
OP
G

gspin2k1

Reaction score
Basis4day":15budh2i said:
From Askmen.com

In a good year, a typical NFL team makes about $5 million off merchandise sales, which worldwide totaled $3.2 billion in 2006. However, because of a wacky economic scheme, the teams don’t benefit all that much, sharing only about 12% of the wholesale price of an item. So, based on that number, when a superstar’s jersey is sold, each team gets 11 cents a piece.

The profits of a jersey are shared amongst ALL the teams. Every team gets a share of every Russell Wilson or RGIII jersey sold.

IIRC that this rule really pissed off Al Davis and Jerry Jones because the Raiders and Cowboys sell WAY more gear than other franchises, but only get an equal 1/32 of the profits.

Oh God. Meanwhile I was happily buying authentics HOPING a reasonable amount of the money went to our team and players and it's like nothing.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":kfxu9eiq said:
Wenhawk":kfxu9eiq said:

THe jersey is white, and everything looks really good, the little feather looking things embedded in the numbers are what is the wrong color. From afar it doesn't look so teal/sky blue but up close it's obvious.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I remember reading an article on this a few years ago on one of the major sports news websites, it said most players don't get a cut of actual sales, only the superstars do. Not sure how accurate it was, but I guess it makes sense. Same thing in Hollywood; gotta be a big name to get percentages and not straight checks.

MissoulaHawk

Reaction score
Wenhawk":euyfxyqv said:
CALIHAWK1":euyfxyqv said:
Wenhawk":euyfxyqv said:

THe jersey is white, and everything looks really good, the little feather looking things embedded in the numbers are what is the wrong color. From afar it doesn't look so teal/sky blue but up close it's obvious.
link?