Jabaal Sheard on the trade block?

Killa Kam

Reaction score
I wonder if we'd be interested, John Schneider admitted that the other players they were interested in 2011 besides James Carpenter were Andy Dalton and Jabaal Sheard.

OP
OP
HighlandHawk

HighlandHawk

Reaction score
Killa Kam":2fgsl02j said:
I wonder if we'd be interested, John Schneider admitted that the other players they were interested in 2011 besides James Carpenter were Andy Dalton and Jabaal Sheard.

I'd heard that quoted but was unable to find the reference (which is why I didn't put it in), got a copy of that as must have missed the interview.

Stoned Cold

Reaction score
I'll give you props for being one of the few Seahawk fans who remember this guy. I'd trade our 3rd for him. Draft Tyrann Mathieu from LSU in the 2nd and feel like we scored a top level first and second rounder with just a late 2nd and 3rd rounder. Have them both for atleast 3 to 4 years. Guys who can compete at multiple positions. Mathieu at safety, corner, and returner. Sheard at Leo, linebacker, and DE.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Rumor is Cleveland wants a 2nd. I'd just wait them out. He's not a scheme fit for their 3-4, so they won't get top dollar for him unless somebody is in love with him. I also don't think Pete and John want to go into the draft with another big drop in ammo. I bet they'd rather see who is on the board where they're picking before they make a move. Keep in mind, Sheard only has 2 years left on his rookie deal, so if they can get a guy they like even just a little bit less that's going to have another 2 years on a cheaper deal, it's a better move.