Leonard Weaver to sign 1-day contract, retire as Eagle

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. RATING: PG-13

• Letting him leave was another one of Timmay's huge mistakes. He could have been the best fullback in the NFL had he stayed healthy. Best of luck to the church van
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

• Is it me or do we have a good reputation of finding and developing fullbacks.
    Sandpoint Hawk
    NET Starter

• One of my favorite seahawks is retiring an eagle after playing 1 season there wtf...
    StaffAmerica74
    NET Veteran

• He was really a fan favorite at Cheney Training Camps. A very outgoing guy.

I hate the Eagles deal too but at least they gave him a chance to play full time, something he was never going to get here.

:les:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• Never understood letting him go. He and Burleson were always big question marks for me in that respect.
    #NEXTMANUP
    Evil_Shenanigans
    NET Veteran

• StaffAmerica74 wrote:One of my favorite seahawks is retiring an eagle after playing 1 season there wtf...

He did spend his most successful year with them...but I see where you are coming from. I can also see where he's coming from.

“There’s no reason, with Mr. Allen and the fan base here and the stadium, that this can’t be a stable, long-term winning organization.” - John Schneider
    Bakergirl
    NET Veteran

• He's a very frustrating player. At least in Seattle, he should've been used as a RB more. But, one of Holmy's flaws was lack of creativity or adjustment to the players he had.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• pehawk wrote:He's a very frustrating player. At least in Seattle, he should've been used as a RB more. But, one of Holmy's flaws was lack of creativity or adjustment to the players he had.

Always hoped that Weaver would be featured more but you nailed it pe. Holmy was pretty rigid and set in his ways. I hated it when they let Hydrant hit the road and I hated the way his career ended. Always one of my favorite Hawks because of his small beginnings and the impact he showed he could make. He'd fit in PERFECTLY with this current squad in my mind.

I'll never forget this moment...

Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

• He and Shaun tore up the Texans that game. It was awesome to see Weaver actually utilized.
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

• Weaver had the best stiff arm ever
    "I don't know what you're talking about." GT
    TriCHawk
    NET Veteran

• yeah...i heard that too...strange...he kicked ass more here..unless some lifelong dream of his was to be an eagle, i don't get it...
    jack_patera
    NET Rookie

• From his twitter:

Leonard Weaver ‏@LeonardWeaver 20h
    Also I was to send a thank you out to we're it begin for me, 12th man thank you for your support as well.
    Skittles - The candy of champions.
    Seahawksfan425
    NET Veteran

• The only FB that Mack Strong would coach up and endear himself to comparing Weaver to John L. Williams at one point, as well as, one of my favorite players to ever wear a Seahawks uniform... the player I donned as "the Pacifist".

Man, Ruskell made some horrible decisions in his last two years with this team. Drafting Curry. Carrying two K over keeping Michael Bennett (who probably was our best defensive linemen coming into the 2009 season... undrafted rookie or not), and releasing Weaver, and probably the most irritating was his negligence to not draft any O-lineman specifically Offensive Tackles.

Yet without the dark years of 2008-2010... do we even get to where we are now heading into 2013?

I don't think so, in the end, Ruskell was good for a few things like Brandon Mebane, a pick that became Earl Thomas, and his almost complete failure as a GM trying to build a team of goody two shoes choir boys.
    TURN DOWN FOR WHAT? -The 12th Man
    Pandion Haliaetus
    NET Veteran

• pehawk wrote:He's a very frustrating player. At least in Seattle, he should've been used as a RB more. But, one of Holmy's flaws was lack of creativity or adjustment to the players he had.

That drove me absolutely bat shit crazy during holmgrens tenure.
    bellingerga
    NET Veteran

• I can understand, the Seahawks let him walk, never fully used him, and the Eagles are the ones who finally gave him a real chance. It should have been a no-brainer to resign him, the Eagles got him fairly cheap, but under Ruskell nothing was ever a no-brainer. Or should I say everything was, since I don't think we can say a lot of brain power was used during his reign of terror over the Seahawks.
    razor150
    NET Veteran

• razor150 wrote:I can understand, the Seahawks let him walk, never fully used him, and the Eagles are the ones who finally gave him a real chance. It should have been a no-brainer to resign him, the Eagles got him fairly cheap, but under Ruskell nothing was ever a no-brainer. Or should I say everything was, since I don't think we can say a lot of brain power was used during his reign of terror over the Seahawks.

Actually I think most of Ruskell's moves were no-brainers. Just in a different way than you mean.

I would've loved to see Weaver play for Carroll (pre-MRob). You can bet that PC would get the ball in Weaver's hands in space.
    Sarlacc, on comparing .NET to Soccer: And why not? It's a bunch of people running around in circles, feigning pain, and never scoring.
    Snohomie
    * NET Draft Guru *

• Seahawksfan425 wrote:From his twitter:

Leonard Weaver ‏@LeonardWeaver 20h
    Also I was to send a thank you out to we're it begin for me, 12th man thank you for your support as well.

English was his second language. Who knew?
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:50 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information